Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching from AC to UA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by rankourabu
wow, you are just a cheap entitled pax.
If people werent so cheap, AC would improve.

I cant believe the sense of entitlement, you are not entitled to gel cooling mattresses and pillows!

If you want that, pay more!
I'm rich in crappy tire money. AC better watch out! 😙
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE
Interesting to see such a significant upgrade to UA's BusinessFirst. Their Intl Business product was a bit of a laggard, but they seem to be stepping it up quite significantly. The new seat looks great, and many of the service additions will put them a notch ahead of AC - dedicated lounges, PJ's on long flights, multiple pillow options, wine flights, some neat food items.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by gcashin
Interesting to see such a significant upgrade to UA's BusinessFirst. Their Intl Business product was a bit of a laggard, but they seem to be stepping it up quite significantly. The new seat looks great, and many of the service additions will put them a notch ahead of AC - dedicated lounges, PJ's on long flights, multiple pillow options, wine flights, some neat food items.

Additional photos and video here

Mattress cushions and gel-filled pillows?
Check out the trio of drinks the FA delivers.

If you want the full effect, click the YouTube version of the video and go Full Screen.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/united-airli...n=home-flipper
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by 24left
Additional photos and video here

Mattress cushions and gel-filled pillows?
Check out the trio of drinks the FA delivers.

If you want the full effect, click the YouTube version of the video and go Full Screen.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/united-airli...n=home-flipper
Video here for those who are too lazy.

Music was odd choice...at least I thought
Gel-filled pillows would do wonders. Is the AC ULH pillow the same as the Transcon ones? (I was quite unhappy with mine pillow on YVR-YUL)
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Video here for those who are too lazy.

Music was odd choice...at least I thought
Gel-filled pillows would do wonders. Is the AC ULH pillow the same as the Transcon ones? (I was quite unhappy with mine pillow on YVR-YUL)
I liked the first half of the video, then the second half really was like ... damn, UA dropped the ball. First, with the lounge attendant playing Candy Crush on her phone. Then the FA on the plane just gesturing the pax's seat with his arm. And then finally the not-fully-beaming smile of the FA as she puts the wine down.

But if this actually rolls out and done right, UA actually might have something competitive with AC. Hope this Polaris stuff comes to SFO first lol

Oh wait I'm not in star alliance anymore ..... stay away from SFO LOL
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Up to 6' 6"

Interesting.

Is that like AC's "up to 33 inches" in Y?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
AC just got outcompeted now. Seems like a far superior product than AC
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cooleddie
AC just got outcompeted now. Seems like a far superior product than AC
I'd prefer to compare product to product than product (AC) to marketing video (UA)
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd prefer to compare product to product than product (AC) to marketing video (UA)
Sell the sizzle, not the steak
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I totally agree with you.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I think we can all agree that while a marketing video is not reality, it's promising that North America's other Star Alliance carrier besides AC is committing to make major improvements to its offerings after a period of stagnation. This can only be good for everyone, especially since many of us try to redeem international J seats on UA to avoid YQ.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I think we can all agree that while a marketing video is not reality, it's promising that North America's other Star Alliance carrier besides AC is committing to make major improvements to its offerings after a period of stagnation. This can only be good for everyone, especially since many of us try to redeem international J seats on UA to avoid YQ.
Excellent point. hopefully the availability for awards is there. I'd be willing to redeem for this new product at J prices more than I would for UA F.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
I would agree, but the cost of improved J is alway paid by the Y cabin cut backs.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I would agree, but the cost of improved J is alway paid by the Y cabin cut backs.
Maybe yes, maybe no

"Free snacks now back at all 3 big U.S. airlines, even in coach"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...oach/79632646/

Had this on AA and AS as well - and it would be nice if AC did the same.

United Now Gives Complimentary Food to Top Elites Sitting in Coach

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ting-in-coach/
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Not always. I think Y cutbacks are their own thing. Keep Y prices stable, boost margins by squeezing in more seats and cutting perks.

In UA's case, the improved J is coming at the expense of the F cabin, which is being phased out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.