Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching from AC to UA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by gglave
The decision of whether to switch really depends on what kind of product you buy.

If you our your employer is happily buying Flex, or if you fly paid J, if buying possibly more exmpensive AC flight numbers on Star metal isn't an issue, if making the AQD spend isn't a problem then AC is the choice for you. There these people in this forum, and more power to them.

If you're like me (and most of my peers who travel for business) - If you always fly economy class, if all your tickets on AC are Tango, if making AQD is difficult, well then UA is the logical choice. It was for me - I've been very happy, and I've haven't looked back.

...now when UA launches their bottom-of-the-barrel fare later this year it will likely all go down the tubes for me, but in the here-and-now...
Agree with the above, but will say that the launch of Polaris (at least the hyped, YouTube version that I can see) just makes me even more comfortable with my choice to switch to UA/MP.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rankourabu
How does flying AC = YQ?

How does flying one prevent one from crediting to another program?

One can fly AC and credit to UA and enjoy the benefits of Mileage Plus
One can fly UA and credit to AC if one so desires.
What AC fans want to do is Fly on AC Support AC with their $$$$.
Use accumulated AE points to fly United new business class rolling out in 2017.
Of course, United would be so grateful that these AC fans boys are even considering flying United, United will roll out I space.
UA I is very rarely available now International Business. If any one believes in 2017 it will be any better they believe in Santa Claus.

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 3, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
The new UA window seats do look awesome though. Looks very private - almost BA-like.

Source: https://thedesignair.net/2016/06/02/...ational-level/
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun
Agree with the above, but will say that the launch of Polaris (at least the hyped, YouTube version that I can see) just makes me even more comfortable with my choice to switch to UA/MP.
I switch half of my travel to United in 2004. United has reward me & continues to reward me for my loyalty. I now have a long history with United
In 2016 I switch all of my travel to United I am so happy. I know United will look after me.

2 weeks ago I booked Flights to Australia for travel on coming Monday 6th June for quick business trip. No R was available. 1K desk priority. Within 24 hours all of my flights cleared including EWR-LAX PS service on an afternoon flight which is TATL connector to LAX^
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by cooleddie
The new UA window seats do look awesome though. Looks very private - almost BA-like.

Source: https://thedesignair.net/2016/06/02/...ational-level/
UA new J class looks good. There could be a problem with leg room. Sort of looks a little tight as UA add two more row in the J cabin over AC.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
UA new J class looks good. There could be a problem with leg room. Sort of looks a little tight as UA add two more row in the J cabin over AC.
I read on FB (I think it from cooleddie's page?) that it's like 6 foot 6 or something? Or 6 foot 5? Shouldn't be an issue I think?

Unless you mean width wise? Still beats their old J.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I read on FB (I think it from cooleddie's page?) that it's like 6 foot 6 or something? Or 6 foot 5? Shouldn't be an issue I think?

I was thinking width. Yes, it's better than their old J, but compared to AC by not so much.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I was thinking width. Yes, it's better than their old J, but compared to AC by not so much.
Well, to be fair, if I'm saving $1000 by flying UA, I can "put up with" the new UA J. But I would not put up with their existing J product.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Well, to be fair, if I'm saving $1000 by flying UA, I can "put up with" the new UA J. But I would not put up with their existing J product.
I would agree.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:32 pm
Suspended

I just realized it is still 8 across in J (i've been deceived all afternoon. I missed it initially). They've just gone about it differently. Still though, would fly UA in this configuration in J.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:39 pm
Suspended

I just realized it is still 8 across in J (i've been deceived all afternoon. I missed it initially). They've just gone about it differently. Still though, would fly UA in this configuration in J.
That's why I think it will be tight on the legs. Almost as tight as AC old HD J seats. The seat width maybe be tighter too.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

The video actually said "up to 6'6".

Reminds me of the Rogers "up to 50Mbps" ads.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
The shoulder room on the window seats looks like you are pinned in. Look at the graphic of the man at the top sitting in the window seat. How does he contort his left arm to pick up the beverage?

Of course it's just a graphic, we will have to see real life.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Oh, and would some one tell why is UA highlighting the 3 wine glass on a stand concept.
Is... this..... a....thing?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Oh, and would some one tell why is UA highlighting the 3 wine glass on a stand concept.
Is... this..... a....thing?
It's a flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.