FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

anti_ice May 13, 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9715430)
And I have primo seats for the exhibition game tomorrow -- and not a flake of the white stuff in the forecast! ^

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...1-37c5c476e870

David Beckham's big arrival at the Edmonton International Airport this afternoon lasted all of two minutes but his presence was enough to leave fans even more excited than they were before.

The soccer star, in town for an exhibition match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Commonwealth Stadium Tuesday night, was greeted with screams, cheers, and a lot of camera flashes when he and his L.A. Galaxy teammates landed just before 4 p.m. today on an Air Canada flight from Los Angeles.

Apparently, my nephew has somehow weaseled onto the field to be part of the opening ceremony. :D Seriously though, he will be one of the kids walking the team out to start the game (a group of lucky local soccer kids). Maybe he'll get to hold Beckham's hand. He has been instructed not to let go...in case D. Beckham notices me trying to weasel in and hold V. Beckham's hand. ;)

BarrieTravelGuy May 15, 2008 7:22 am

Was schedule for an AC ORD - YYZ flight last night but missed it due to a delay from my OMA departure. They put me on a United flight instead in First. Ben Stein sat down beside me for the flight. The whole time all I could think about was Ferris Buller LOL

halfmileman May 15, 2008 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Matt93 (Post 9684854)
I have been traveling regularly for 2 years now and didnt see anyone, until this past month.

3 weeks ago I was in MLL YYZ and Glen Healy (former NHL goalie, current TSN colour guy) walked in and sat next to me. We chatted for a bit about the NHL playoffs and he said San Jose was going to win it all, he was wrong :)

Last week I was walking past US depatures to Canadian departures in YYZ and walked past the entire Toronto Raptors team as they were flying to Orlando for game 5 (I believe).

Same day I flew from YYZ-YVR-LAS. My YVR-LAS flight I had Flava Flav sitting 3 rows in front of me in J.

Flava Flav must have cleared up that nasty immigration issue (re:criminal record and all). He wasn't allowed in for a Public Enemy concert that I was at a number of years ago. I guess now that he's a TV star things are different! :D

StarAlliance2005 May 15, 2008 8:28 am

Leonardo DiCaprio YYZ-YUL last flight yesterday...looks like a kid ..i guess been 31 still a kid..lol

zorn May 31, 2008 9:49 pm

CEO of The Football Association, Brian Barwick, was on AC34 arriving Toronto today. He was met by a concierge at the gate.

There was a big FIFA meeting in SYD just finishing up, but I didn't notice him on the SYD-YVR part. He may well have been on it too.

I wonder if he was on his way to POS.

middleseatbythelav Jun 1, 2008 12:03 pm

celebs

Over the years: Former Alberta Premier Peter Lougheed & wife YYC-LHR, Jacques Parizeau YQB-YUL, Various Barenaked Ladies members YVR and inflight, Producer/Payola$ Guitarist Bob Rock YVR, Paul Martin YVR, Canucks lots of times YVR.

YVR72 Jun 2, 2008 1:21 am

Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal loves air Canada...

http://media.justjared.com/headlines...air-canada.jpg

tcook052 Jun 2, 2008 11:33 am

Originally Posted by YVR72 (Post 9811372)
Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal loves air Canada...

http://media.justjared.com/headlines...air-canada.jpg

Almost young enough to be a UM. ;) :D

prairieschooner Jun 2, 2008 3:22 pm

I have actually had an interesting run of late. Sat beside Scarlett Johanson from Vegas to Vancouver and sat behind Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed a few weeks back.

propofol Jun 2, 2008 4:12 pm

Cool - did you get to talk to Scarlett much? Are her lips really that big in person? ;)

Super Larry Jun 4, 2008 12:58 pm

Saw Isabelle Boulay on a YUL-CDG leg few weeks ago. We exchanged few smiles, as she is pregnant and had to go to the bathroom quite often and I was seated in 7D. On the return leg a week later, I was traveling with Ariane Moffat (for my Anglo-Canadian friends, they are both famous singers in Quebec and France)

why fly Jun 4, 2008 1:25 pm

I have been on a few flights with Bob Rae also meet him in YYZ lounge. He was flying home on the same flight from Ottawa.. Porter:eek: We are both not using our SE

prairieschooner Jun 4, 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 9815239)
Cool - did you get to talk to Scarlett much? Are her lips really that big in person? ;)

She was fantastic. We took about 15 people to Vegas on business/fun and I was seated in 1C and she sat in 1A. What was funny was we were seated and the people we took to vegas all came down the aisle and as they passed kept stopping to thank me for the trip. After that the flight attendant came over to greet me seeing I was super elite.

After it was calmed down she actually started the conversation by asking what I did as it appeared I knew everyone. At first I didn't realize who she was until she told me her name. We talked almost all the way and she was really nice! Her lips were large for sure, but she is extremely attractive and she wasn't done up as we were on a 7am flight.

propofol Jun 4, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm so jealous... Why does it never happen to me? I always end up sitting beside some boring functionary for the Canadian government! :)

StarAlliance2005 Jun 4, 2008 9:00 pm

I saw pamela anderson on the LAX-YUL flight today..i was in y class she was obviously in J but did get to bump into her in the MLL..short but not bad at all..

ypqRD Jun 8, 2008 8:29 pm

Doug Morris was my pilot today. I realize he is somebody's pilot many days each month, but it was neat just the same. (I'm not the only one who reads that little card by the door every time I board, am I?). They did mention "Captain Morris" the first announcement, and "Doug" later on, so you didn't have to read the card to know.

mpc1 Jun 9, 2008 12:31 am

Originally Posted by ypqRD (Post 9847251)
Doug Morris was my pilot today. I realize he is somebody's pilot many days each month, but it was neat just the same. (I'm not the only one who reads that little card by the door every time I board, am I?). They did mention "Captain Morris" the first announcement, and "Doug" later on, so you didn't have to read the card to know.

I met Doug Morris at one of his book signing in YHZ, great guy.

mpc1

HeavierThanAir Jun 9, 2008 8:44 am

Originally Posted by prairieschooner (Post 9826979)
She was fantastic. We took about 15 people to Vegas on business/fun and I was seated in 1C and she sat in 1A. What was funny was we were seated and the people we took to vegas all came down the aisle and as they passed kept stopping to thank me for the trip. After that the flight attendant came over to greet me seeing I was super elite.

After it was calmed down she actually started the conversation by asking what I did as it appeared I knew everyone. At first I didn't realize who she was until she told me her name. We talked almost all the way and she was really nice! Her lips were large for sure, but she is extremely attractive and she wasn't done up as we were on a 7am flight.

prairieschooner, you couldn't have planned the Scarlett Johansson interaction any better than that! Talk about raising your social value; you can now tell people that Johansson was so intrigued by you that she made the first move. ;)

pmax Jun 9, 2008 11:03 am

Brian Mulroney, AC409 today.

sadhakim Jun 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by pmax (Post 9850082)
Brian Mulroney, AC409 today.

was he on an airbus :)

Rum & Coke Jun 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005 (Post 9829112)
I saw pamela anderson on the LAX-YUL flight today..i was in y class she was obviously in J but did get to bump into her in the MLL..short but not bad at all..

Not enough room to squeeze past without contact?

pmax Jun 11, 2008 1:11 am

Originally Posted by sadhakim (Post 9859242)
was he on an airbus :)

Hahaha :D I thought exactly the same thing. Yes, it was a 321. :D

propofol Jun 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Stockwell Day in YYZ domestic MLL. With an aide... Looked pretty frazzled.

taupo Jun 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 9908952)

Was the aide short and stocky? No pun intended.

If so, likely John Brent, John is an excellent EA from the POV of this part time constituent.

Stranger Jun 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 9908952)

Who is that?

What is he stocking anyway?

LessO2 Jun 20, 2008 12:09 pm

Ben Stein, right now, YYZ MLL T1 US Pre-clearance side.

No, I'm not going to drone "Bueller" at him.

tracon Aug 10, 2008 5:14 am

Bubbles real life father YYC-YHZ last night in J.
I only know this because the passenger sitting next to him got quite excited. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation.

margarita girl Aug 10, 2008 5:22 am

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 10178486)
Bubbles real life father YYC-YHZ last night in J.
I only know this because the passenger sitting next to him got quite excited. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation.

Bubbles? :confused: Michael Jackson's chimp?

tracon Aug 10, 2008 7:06 am

Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

acysb87 Aug 10, 2008 7:07 am

Tom Jones on a YYZ/LAX flight last Wednesday.

ekyyz Aug 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Lennox Lewis

saw Lennox Lewis board a MBJ flight earlier this year @ YYZ....i was not on the same flight though

Ramz Aug 11, 2008 4:19 am

Gwyneth Paltrow at ML lounge at T1 with her two kids.

Expat_Canuck Aug 13, 2008 6:26 am

On different occasions, both at the Transborder MLL in YYZ:

Gene Simmons

Eugene Levy

bichoo Aug 13, 2008 9:37 am

Sat next to Stockwell Day last sunday from YLW-YYZ. :D

Stranger Aug 13, 2008 9:38 am

Originally Posted by bichoo (Post 10195498)

I would have requested to be moved to a different seat.

st7860 Aug 13, 2008 9:43 am

wonder if anyone's ever sat next to bill gates. he's well known for flying tango(coach).

taupo Aug 13, 2008 10:37 am

Originally Posted by st7860 (Post 10195538)
wonder if anyone's ever sat next to bill gates. he's well known for flying tango(coach).

I think you will find that Bill Gates travels on a BBJ, unless of course the Netjet ad with Gates and Warren Buffet are completely misleading.

I do know of a Cessna 182 and it's pilot who have flown him.

st7860 Aug 13, 2008 10:39 am

Originally Posted by taupo (Post 10195869)
I think you will find that Bill Gates travels on a BBJ, unless of course the Netjet ad with Gates and Warren Buffet are completely misleading.

I do know of a Cessna 182 and it's pilot who have flown him.

so he FINALLY got a jet? I thought its a well known(proven true?) joke that bill gates never flies business class and likes coach.

Karlitos Aug 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Chris Cuthbert in the YVR domestic MLL on Saturday....surfing his Blackberry. I wonder why he isn't in Beijing....?

Tangoer Aug 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by bichoo (Post 10195498)

Forgetting his Western leanings is he? No Westjet? I guess now that taxpayers foot the bill for J...