FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

getaround Nov 2, 2007 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by murmurdoc (Post 8666225)
Heavy RCMP presence in YYZ int'l MLL yesterday, no obvious VIP, until:

Mini-murm and I sitting in 12AC on 868 to LHR and 5 minutes before departure the Dalai Lama :eek: comes in and settles into the second-last row of J, surrounded by another monk and 3 very serious-looking black suit types.

MMD

Said Hi to him last Saturday in Ottawa at the lord Elgin, myself and my partner were waiting for the car was wondering why it was taking so long, then no one was around just us two then the car comes in and hes waved to us and hopped out and said Hi. then went inside and started talking to everyone for about 5 minutes and posed for photos; I thought he would have been in and straight into the room but he was happy saying hello and stuff.

ClipperClub Nov 3, 2007 5:56 pm

He's probably considered a commoner :eek: , but saw Conrad Black at checkin in Montreal on 15th October. Didn't see him in the lounge though. They must have a separate room for his 'type'.

negotiator Nov 3, 2007 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperClub (Post 8672343)
He's probably considered a commoner :eek: , but saw Conrad Black at checkin in Montreal on 15th October. Didn't see him in the lounge though. They must have a separate room for his 'type'.

Impossible! He's had to surrender his passport and not entitled to leave the United States - flight risk.

willflyforfood Dec 11, 2007 6:34 am

Spending some of Karl Heinz Schreiber's money?

Mila Mulroney returning from LAS after taking in Celine Dion the night before. And, she looked gorgeous! Tall, slim, dressed very low-key, and very polite...

PreferBulkhead Dec 11, 2007 6:43 am

Originally Posted by willflyforfood (Post 8875275)
Mila Mulroney returning from LAS after taking in Celine Dion the night before. And, she looked gorgeous! Tall, slim, dressed very low-key, and very polite...

... sitting up-front I presume?

naplesyrupeater Dec 11, 2007 9:52 am

Originally Posted by willflyforfood (Post 8875275)

when I was just a kid, I used to work weekends bagging groceries and bringing them to people's cars. Mila was always nice and would give me 4 quarters for my labours. I never got her number though.;)

willflyforfood Dec 11, 2007 1:48 pm

hmmm...?

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 8875319)
... sitting up-front I presume?

Are there any other parts of an aircraft?

willflyforfood Dec 11, 2007 1:48 pm

change?

Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater (Post 8876336)
when I was just a kid, I used to work weekends bagging groceries and bringing them to people's cars. Mila was always nice and would give me 4 quarters for my labours. I never got her number though.;)

Did she ask for a dollar in change?

bawm Jan 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Just walked by Dalton McGuinty in the YYZ T1 Domestic MLL. I know it's a stretch, I've just always wanted to post on this thread. :)

Tangoer Jan 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Very nice, bawm.

Has anyone seen Peter Mansbridge on AC? About 1 year ago during my first (and only) visit to the YVR dom MLL, I thought I saw him alone with his laptop. He (or his imposter) was wearing glasses.

YOWkid Jan 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Mansbridge does wear glasses.

I've seen Keith Boag and a few other CBC reporters.

YOWkid Jan 25, 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater (Post 8876336)

She used to have her kitchen staff make desserts for our piano recitals. They were the bestest stuff around.

luxury Jan 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Liev Schreiber was in seat 2A on our AC flight from YYZ to LGA back in December. Very polite and friendly.....

Stranger Jan 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by luxury (Post 9137011)
Liev Schreiber was in seat 2A on our AC flight from YYZ to LGA back in December. Very polite and friendly.....

Who is that? A relative of Karl-Heinz?

luxury Jan 26, 2008 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9137101)
Who is that? A relative of Karl-Heinz?

Nope. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000630/

okazon69 Mar 30, 2008 7:12 pm

Paul Martin at the NEXUS machine

Arriving back in YUL this evening, I heard a man saying "You're welcome" to the NEXUS machine after it had thanked him for answering the questions. I chuckled and looked over at... Paul Martin.

He was accompanied by an airport employee and a burly RCMP type hovered not too far away.

mpc1 Mar 31, 2008 4:02 am

Rex Murphy MLL YHZ

Bumped into Rex Murphy at the MLL in YHZ last night. Briefly chatted with him about a luncheon speech he gave a few years ago that I attended. Nice encounter.

mpc1
LHR enroute BGO

WetCoaster Mar 31, 2008 1:31 pm

A few years back I sat next to CBC Anchor Gloria Macarenko in J. Tall, elegant-looking lady, really quite hot. A lot more salt-of-the-earth than you'd think. We had a nice talk and I learned a lot about Canadian politics that I had no idea I was missing.

I was a couple of rows behind Calgary's Paul Brandt in J once. I didn't know it was him until we were deplaning.

I have an ex-GF who is a flight attendant for American. She usually works the front cabin, and she's met all kinds of celebs. She told me Nicholas Cage is really short, and really liked his bar service. Rebecca Romijin is tall (5'10" or so) and was a warm human being and was incredibly beautiful, more so than the big screen portrays.

Short hair Francis Mar 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Last month on AC 142 YVR-YYZ, I saw David Suzuki in J, again he was very low key reading his newspaper. Then I thought, why would he sit in J, I thought you pollute more by sitting on a bigger seat on a airplane?

propofol Mar 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Ummm. Because he's a huge hypocrite?

st7860 Mar 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 9496251)

I hereby and solemnly declare, +1

YWGcanuck Mar 31, 2008 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 9496251)

Yep - sounds about right...

st7860 Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

but if he bought carbon offsets to offset the CO2 from his flight, doesn't that make him a socially acceptable hypocrite?

wsommerv Mar 31, 2008 4:16 pm

Ah yes, "those that do a little must do it all, while those that do nothing complain about how little the doers do."

Tangoer Mar 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by mpc1 (Post 9493342)
Bumped into Rex Murphy at the MLL in YHZ last night. Briefly chatted with him about a luncheon speech he gave a few years ago that I attended. Nice encounter.

mpc1
LHR enroute BGO

Rex Murphy is the "Don Cherry" of the CBC! :D

Derek Apr 1, 2008 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Tangoer (Post 9497494)
Rex Murphy is the "Don Cherry" of the CBC! :D

Isn't Don Cherry the Don Cherry of the CBC?

tcook052 May 6, 2008 8:03 am

While most certainly not Canadian, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay had cause to swear at AC recently on a visit to YYZ:

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/...html?id=494199

After having his luggage lost by Air Canada, and then almost being burned alive by a ferocious journalist, Gordon Ramsay ended his state-like visit to town last week not with a bang, but with a worry. Would he, that is, hold it all against us, and still open his Canadian virgin-resto in Toronto, and not anywhere else?

omkhar May 6, 2008 8:44 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9683430)
While most certainly not Canadian, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay had cause to swear at AC recently on a visit to YYZ:

After having his luggage lost by Air Canada, and then almost being burned alive by a ferocious journalist, Gordon Ramsay ended his state-like visit to town last week not with a bang, but with a worry. Would he, that is, hold it all against us, and still open his Canadian virgin-resto in Toronto, and not anywhere else?

I wonder what he thought of AC's J food ;-)

StarAlliance2005 May 6, 2008 9:24 am

Brian Mulroney yesterday on yyz flight

tcook052 May 6, 2008 11:25 am

Originally Posted by omkhar (Post 9683630)
I wonder what he thought of AC's J food ;-)

He probably said #@!*#&

;)

getaround May 6, 2008 11:33 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9684467)
He probably said #@!*#&

;)

He's probably on his way to catering organization to give them all a good BlXXdy talking too.

Karlitos May 6, 2008 11:56 am

Stephane Dion last weekend at YOW. He is much taller than he looks. I am 6 feet tall (still can't get used to metric for height statistics) and he was a good 10 cm :D taller than me.

Matt93 May 6, 2008 12:44 pm

I have been traveling regularly for 2 years now and didnt see anyone, until this past month.

3 weeks ago I was in MLL YYZ and Glen Healy (former NHL goalie, current TSN colour guy) walked in and sat next to me. We chatted for a bit about the NHL playoffs and he said San Jose was going to win it all, he was wrong :)

Last week I was walking past US depatures to Canadian departures in YYZ and walked past the entire Toronto Raptors team as they were flying to Orlando for game 5 (I believe).

Same day I flew from YYZ-YVR-LAS. My YVR-LAS flight I had Flava Flav sitting 3 rows in front of me in J.

NordsFan May 6, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9683430)

He came in to YYZ from LHR on AC849 on Saturday 26APR....I was told that he did not look like he enjoyed the food offered in the J cabin ! :D

Flews May 6, 2008 1:26 pm

Tom Cochrane (Red Ryder) was on my flight from Calgary to Toronto the day after the Junos.

There were also a whack of (presumably celebrity) Canadians musicians on that flight - unfortunately I couldn't put any names to their faces.

Cheers,

propofol May 6, 2008 5:15 pm

Glad to see more activity in this thread after a hiatus...

How many people here chat up the celebrities they see?

YVR72 May 6, 2008 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Matt93 (Post 9684854)
Same day I flew from YYZ-YVR-LAS. My YVR-LAS flight I had Flava Flav sitting 3 rows in front of me in J.

Flaaavour flaaaav

YVR72 May 6, 2008 8:43 pm

Sat across from Jennifer Burke (Very attractive TV personality and wife of Brian Burke) on YVR/LAX. Going to spend weekend with hubby I presume.

tcook052 May 12, 2008 8:27 pm

And I have primo seats for the exhibition game tomorrow -- and not a flake of the white stuff in the forecast! ^

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...1-37c5c476e870

David Beckham's big arrival at the Edmonton International Airport this afternoon lasted all of two minutes but his presence was enough to leave fans even more excited than they were before.

The soccer star, in town for an exhibition match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Commonwealth Stadium Tuesday night, was greeted with screams, cheers, and a lot of camera flashes when he and his L.A. Galaxy teammates landed just before 4 p.m. today on an Air Canada flight from Los Angeles.

RCyyz May 13, 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9715430)

David Beckham's big arrival at the Edmonton International Airport this afternoon lasted all of two minutes but his presence was enough to leave fans even more excited than they were before.

Cheater! You didn't see him on the flight - you just read the news clipping. For the purposes of this thread, it doesn't count! :p:D