FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

acysb87 Apr 17, 2006 6:13 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The stunning Sandrine Holt was on my LAX redeye AC794 today (sitting in Y, seat 12F!). I was in 13D.

You didn't burn a pair of SSWU's and try the U/Gs? :confused:

yyznomad Apr 17, 2006 6:18 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
You didn't burn a pair of SSWU's and try the U/Gs? :confused:

LOL

I had already boarded and didn't notice her until she took her seat.

Besides, I only had one and there's no way she would get it :D

yyznomad Apr 17, 2006 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Academic
I guess I don't get out much these days :(

nah. I think I was the only one who recognized her, actually. As a side note, she seemed down to earth with the pax in her row.

acysb87 Apr 17, 2006 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Academic
I guess I don't get out much these days :(

That would make 2 of us. :o :cool:

YOWkid Apr 17, 2006 9:06 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
That would make 2 of us. :o :cool:

Three.

davethewave Apr 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Lets see...

Shirley Douglas (actress) and Dave Taylor (GM for the LA Kings)
sitting in AC C on my way to Y class from YYZ to LAX.
Dave Thomas (SCTV) at baggage claim of the return flight a few
weeks later.
Brian Williams (Canadian sports host) in transit in HNL. Me leaving
SYD, him going to the Olympics.
Markus Naslund (captain of the Vancouver Canucks) and family
preparing to board Stockholm-FRA. Autograph and pic. Nice guy.

Montel Williams (!) in YYZ waiting area.

tracon Apr 21, 2006 5:46 pm

Peter McKay 8873 YYG-YHZ Today.

antirealist Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Peter McKay 8873 YYG-YHZ Today.

He's that guy who used to go out with whatshername, right?

yyznomad Apr 21, 2006 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist

That's just pure BS :D

Rejuvenated Apr 22, 2006 11:21 am

Originally Posted by davethewave
Dave Taylor (GM for the LA Kings)

GM no longer. :p

YOWkid Apr 22, 2006 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's just pure BS :D

Hahahaha!!!

YYZC2 May 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Finally I get a chance to post on this thread... sat across the aisle from Nelly Furtado this afternoon on a flight to LGA. She was on her way to prep for her SNL appearance this weekend. She was pestered from takeoff to landing by an extremely obnoxious fellow pax but she took it in stride and maintained her very Canadian composure long after I wanted to throttle the woman in question. I am pleased to report she is just as attractive in person (perhaps more so) than on TV.

lilazncanadian May 15, 2006 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist

I remembered she dumped him at the same time she crossed the floor to join the Liberal party. Because he was a high-ranking official in that party the reporters hounded him for comments and he looked visibly upset (after a night of crying or something) which looked like really bad exhaustion, and then everyone knew.

Yes, cross the floor and dump your boyfriend of the "opposition" in the same period of time :S

--lilazncanadian

shuuy May 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Finally I get a chance to post on this thread... sat across the aisle from Nelly Furtado this afternoon on a flight to LGA. She was on her way to prep for her SNL appearance this weekend. She was pestered from takeoff to landing by an extremely obnoxious fellow pax but she took it in stride and maintained her very Canadian composure long after I wanted to throttle the woman in question. I am pleased to report she is just as attractive in person (perhaps more so) than on TV.

I've heard that she's quite a brat, so good to know she's grown up.

parnel May 15, 2006 6:35 pm

I saw the guy who is selling the most expensive house ever in Canada today in downtown Oakville..........he owns Mattamy homes and his estate is listed for sale at $45 million.............I put an offer in at 43 but he didn't bite :D

acysb87 May 15, 2006 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by parnel
I saw the guy who is selling the most expensive house ever in Canada today in downtown Oakville..........he owns Mattamy homes and his estate is listed for sale at $45 million.............I put an offer in at 43 but he didn't bite :D

At $43.00 I am not surprised by his answer nor your offer :p :D ;)

YOWkid May 15, 2006 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
I've heard that she's quite a brat, so good to know she's grown up.

A brat girl or a frat girl? :D

fly-yul May 24, 2006 10:03 pm

Today yul-yyz nothing too exciting:

Denis Coderre, MP
Arjun Basu, enRoute magazine (I checked his picture to make sure :) )

parnel May 24, 2006 11:04 pm

PM the ex PM twice in one week...once in direct conversation

wali May 25, 2006 8:12 am

Don Cherry and Ron Mclean boarding LAX-YVR...Monday morning!

taupo May 25, 2006 8:37 am

Originally Posted by wali
Don Cherry and Ron Mclean boarding LAX-YVR...Monday morning!

Those two allowed to fly together? I would have thought that "in the interest of national security and stability" that they would have to take seperate flights ;)

YQQgirl May 25, 2006 10:30 am

Sen. Larry Campbell, former mayor of Vancouver in the YVR MLL and on a YVR-YOW flight (seat 1A no less ;))
John Godfrey, MP in the YYZ MLL

Vader May 25, 2006 1:16 pm

Brian Mulroney sitting in 2A on an Embraer 175 from YUL to ORD last Wednesday, May 17. Seemed like a friendly enough guy, but I didn't bother him :-)

Vader

Derek May 25, 2006 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Vader
Brian Mulroney sitting in 2A on an Embraer 175 from YUL to ORD last Wednesday, May 17. Seemed like a friendly enough guy, but I didn't bother him :-)

Vader

I like BM the PM, and so am sad -- I was going to be on that flight (in 2D iirc) but my plans changed and I stayed in YUL :(

tcook052 Jun 3, 2006 6:04 pm

While this may not be a Canadian celebrity sighting, since it was on AC I thought it worthy of passing on. A few days ago on my YEG-YVR connector to fly downunder, a famous Aussie rick band INXS was sitting in bus. class! Nice guys as at baggage carousel, I asked for all autographs as they were a fave band a while back. They mentioned were continuing the tour in N. America, but didn't comment on the AC service.

Cheers from SYD!

wsommerv Jun 3, 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
While this may not be a Canadian celebrity sighting, since it was on AC I thought it worthy of passing on. A few days ago on my YEG-YVR connector to fly downunder, a famous Aussie rick band INXS was sitting in bus. class! Nice guys as at baggage carousel, I asked for all autographs as they were a fave band a while back. They mentioned were continuing the tour in N. America, but didn't comment on the AC service.

Cheers from SYD!

Sure it's Canadian, their lead singer is from Nova Scotia! :cool:

YOWkid Jun 4, 2006 7:39 pm

Keith Boag in YYZ MLL Wednesday night...

Derek Jun 6, 2006 9:47 am

Former Ontario Premier Bill Davis was my seatmate in J YUL-YYZ. A very nice man, though a bit of a name dropper.

Ford Prefect Jun 9, 2006 7:12 pm

I beg to differ Sir!

re: making out with Catherine Zeta-Jones

Originally Posted by tcook052
On on airline without F, I didn't think so. ;) :D

Hey in my book, doing anything with Catherine Zeta-Jones anywhere on any airline would be a first class experience. J-seat be damned!

YWG Flyer Jun 10, 2006 1:02 am

John Lovitz on my Calgary-Los Angeles A319 flight Jun 4th.

http://www.contrailsphotography.com/images/lovitz.jpg

acysb87 Jun 10, 2006 5:02 am

Apparantly Pamela Anderson,Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman all through the SE office at YYZ in the last week.

antirealist Jun 10, 2006 6:27 am

Originally Posted by YWG Flyer
John Lovitz on my Calgary-Los Angeles A319 flight Jun 4th.

There was a great Jon Lovitz line on Overheard in New York a few weeks ago:

Guy in street: Hey, are you Jon Lovitz?
Lovitz: Jealous?

shuuy Jun 10, 2006 6:59 am

Pamela - Likely for the Canada Walk of Fame celebration?
Lovitz - didn't get pre-pre-boarding for VIPs?!?!

acysb87 Jun 10, 2006 7:41 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Pamela - Likely for the Canada Walk of Fame celebration?

That is what I was told,yes.

Vader Jun 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Sidney Crosby sitting in 1D and his parents in 2D&F on AC184 between YVR and YYC today. They were continuing on to Halifax after the NHL awards in Vancouver the night before.

I was sitting in 2C. He seemed pretty tired and slept most of the way. Tempted to bother him for an autograph, but then did the Canadian thing and just nodded as I walked by :p

Vader

YYZC2 Jun 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Paris Hilton at YYZ T2 INS last week, post-MMVAs. Strangely, whatever your opinion of her, seeing her in person will almost certainly confirm it.

TMLeafs Jun 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Paris Hilton at YYZ T2 INS last week, post-MMVAs. Strangely, whatever your opinion of her, seeing her in person will almost certainly confirm it.

Was Theodore with her? :p

CorSter Jun 23, 2006 11:49 pm

John Tory was on my flight from FLL->YYZ in March '05..

(i'm a Ontario PC party member for the record) :P

negotiator Jun 24, 2006 4:18 am

Confirm what?

yyznomad Jun 25, 2006 2:44 am

Originally Posted by negotiator
Confirm what?

Confirming that perhaps she definitely puts the "HO" in "HOTEL".
:p :eek: