FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

shuuy Jun 25, 2006 10:04 am

not HOT?

or TEL?

:p

zorn Jun 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Disgraceful

At 3:37pm on June 26, 2006, nobody of any interest whatsoever in the YYZ T1 MLL.

No celebrities, no politicians. Only adequately to well dressed people with a smattering of nice children, along with the odd person quietly chatting on a cellphone.

Soccer bloody well better be on one of the tee-vees or there'll be a rant coming up in about 45 seconds.

BondGuy Jun 26, 2006 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by zorn
there'll be a rant coming up in about 45 seconds.

No rant = big screen TV? enjoy

negotiator Jun 26, 2006 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by zorn
At 3:37pm on June 26, 2006, nobody of any interest whatsoever in the YYZ T1 MLL.

No celebrities, no politicians. Only adequately to well dressed people with a smattering of nice children, along with the odd person quietly chatting on a cellphone.

Soccer bloody well better be on one of the tee-vees or there'll be a rant coming up in about 45 seconds.

Yes, I agree. Nice time of day to be here in the MLL! ;)

(negotiator)

CarNut Jun 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Paul Martin is sitting in the YYZ T1 MLL now. Noticed a bunch of security guys when I walked in, so did some sluething and spotted him reading a paper in the elevated section.

negotiator Jun 27, 2006 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by CarNut
Paul Martin is sitting in the YYZ T1 MLL now. Noticed a bunch of security guys when I walked in, so did some sluething and spotted him reading a paper in the elevated section.

Now that he's a commoner like the rest of us he'll have to get used to slumming in the MLL instead of in the exective hangers. Oh, the shame of losing the Challegers! ;)

Probably reading the Toronto Star to get his hopes up that the Liberials stand a chance in the next election. :D

wali Jun 27, 2006 3:18 pm

A "commoner whose worth $225 million "

negotiator Jun 27, 2006 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wali

So why is he slumming it with the great unwashed?

Derek Jun 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Not seen on a flight, or in a MLL (but seen in the June En Route Magazine) -- Is that Eugene Levy coaching the French football team?

Academic Jun 28, 2006 5:25 am

Originally Posted by CarNut

Yeah. Noticed him too.

Guy Betsy Jun 28, 2006 11:15 am

Originally Posted by wali

And why is he flying AC? Doesn't he own a private yet?

karachi Jun 28, 2006 11:27 am

flying into RDU on the 13th, Don Cherry and the other guy :p were sitting in the 2 seats right in front of me. I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..

Prestige Jun 28, 2006 11:47 am

Originally Posted by karachi
I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..

You mean threw the curtain or were you in J as well? :p

antirealist Jun 28, 2006 1:07 pm

I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..

I think a lot of people feel that way...

karachi Jun 28, 2006 1:11 pm

CRJ flight .. no J. Don had to squeeze into one of those seats.

Prestige Jun 28, 2006 1:56 pm

Hope he didn’t wrinkle his sports jacket in the process. Not that he wares them more than once.

yyznomad Jun 28, 2006 4:33 pm

flying into RDU on the 13th, Don Cherry and the other guy :p were sitting in the 2 seats right in front of me. I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..

Ah yes, RDU... make sure to smack Elin, the UA agent upside the head next you check in. ;)

karachi Jun 29, 2006 7:26 am

Don was wearing a lime green jacket with white stripes .. thats probably so people wouldnt stare at him (they'd go blind if they did)

yyznomad . I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Ellin now. must be stockholm syndrome.

yyznomad Jun 29, 2006 7:53 am

Don was wearing a lime green jacket with white stripes .. thats probably so people wouldnt stare at him (they'd go blind if they did)

yyznomad . I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Ellin now. must be stockholm syndrome.

I guess I didn't spend enough time with her to understand how on earth I could actually feel sorry for her. Her name is spelled with "one" "L", so perhaps this is a different one? :) I remember this distinctly while she was making my life traumatic on a very important day for me.

Hussar Aug 19, 2006 5:32 pm

I saw jesse cook - a canadian guitarist a couple of months ago in YYZ T1 MLLJesse Cook website

He was sitting by himself between the salad bar and the TV.

I have always wondered what to do when I saw someone famous in the lounge - if I should go up to them or not - They are there for the same solitude as the rest of us.

I chose to introduce myself, and ask if it was OK to chat. I commented on a recent concert at which I had seen him. Yes, I asked for an autrograph, addressed to Ms. Hussar. She is the reason we went to his concerts. And boy did it get me some brownie points from her!!!

What do other people do when they see someone famous in the lounge?

negotiator Aug 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hussar
I saw jesse cook - a canadian guitarist a couple of months ago in YYZ T1 MLLJesse Cook website

He was sitting by himself between the salad bar and the TV.

I have always wondered what to do when I saw someone famous in the lounge - if I should go up to them or not - They are there for the same solitude as the rest of us.

I chose to introduce myself, and ask if it was OK to chat. I commented on a recent concert at which I had seen him. Yes, I asked for an autrograph, addressed to Ms. Hussar. She is the reason we went to his concerts. And boy did it get me some brownie points from her!!!

What do other people do when they see someone famous in the lounge?

You should hear my 'Sting' story sometime!

Cheers

GoldFlyer Aug 19, 2006 10:12 pm

I spotted myself in the mirror this morning while shaving. Is that celebrity or what. :D

NordsFan Aug 20, 2006 9:12 am

19AUG: AC8719 (YQB-YUL) and AC870 (YUL-CDG): L'Honorable Josée Verner, MP for Louis St-Laurent riding in Quebec City and Minister for La Francophonie, International Cooperation and Official Languages.

The Minister (4K) and two flunkies (4H and 5H) going to Paris.

negotiator Aug 20, 2006 10:10 am

Originally Posted by NordsFan
19AUG: AC8719 (YQB-YUL) and AC870 (YUL-CDG): L'Honorable Josée Verner, MP for Louis St-Laurent riding in Quebec City and Minister for La Francophonie, International Cooperation and Official Languages.

The Minister (4K) and two flunkies (4H and 5H) going to Paris.

Pork-Choppers having a party on our dime! :mad:

NordsFan Aug 20, 2006 10:57 am

Originally Posted by negotiator
Pork-Choppers having a party on our dime! :mad:

Perhaps. Or, alternatively, a Minister of the Crown travelling on official business....hard to believe, yet it does happen. :D

PreferBulkhead Aug 20, 2006 11:00 am

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I spotted myself in the mirror this morning while shaving. Is that celebrity or what. :D

I spotted an elephant in my pyjamas! [and what he was doing in my pyjamas I'll never know!!]

fromYYZ_flyer Aug 27, 2006 7:09 pm

I saw Ben Mulroney on 410 on Friday (verified by Globe Man). Again, he was on 423 today 1 row in front of me. . Both times in J (along with about 6-7 AC crew members)

dhdesigns Aug 29, 2006 7:43 pm

I saw Eric McCormack (ie. Will of Will & Grace) with his son and father in the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge at YVR on Thursday

Globe Man Aug 29, 2006 7:50 pm

Peter MacKay (Minister of Foreign Affairs) was on AC1179 on Aug 28 in Row 3.
He's Super Elite, according to his tags...

StarAlliance2005 Aug 29, 2006 8:05 pm

Just saw brad pitt and angelina jolie terminal 1

NordsFan Sep 3, 2006 4:45 pm

03SEPT, YUL International MLL, 1845.

Long-serving parliamentarian, minister and former MP for Glengarry--Prescott--Russell, Don Boudria (1984-2006). I think he now works for lobbyists H&K.

He flew on AC870 to CDG with a companion; he had 2H and companion was somewhere back in row 7 or 8. The IC FA asked another pax to move forward so Mr. Boudria went back to mini-J, being very gracious in thanking the man who changed seats with him.

He had an E tag on his briefcase. ^

acysb87 Sep 3, 2006 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005
Just saw brad pitt and angelina jolie terminal 1

T1 YYZ?

airbus320 Sep 3, 2006 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
T1 YYZ?

Probably for the Toronto Film Festival.

abasanti Sep 4, 2006 2:58 pm

pissed beside peter mckay in yul MLL.

not as good as the time i pissed beside John Roth (im pissing beside a billionaire!!!! - this was pre nortel collapse)

negotiator Sep 4, 2006 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by abasanti
pissed beside peter mckay in yul MLL.

not as good as the time i pissed beside John Roth (im pissing beside a billionaire!!!! - this was pre nortel collapse)

Too bad you didn't piss on McKay...Oh, sorry, Belinda already did that... ;)

YOWkid Sep 4, 2006 4:33 pm

Too bad you didn't piss on McKay...Oh, sorry, Belinda already did that... ;)

Not at a MLL, but I sat at the same Montreal restaurant as Gilles Duceppe on Saturday night...

negotiator Sep 5, 2006 5:44 am

The biggest EGO in the Canadian labour movement just walked into the T1 MLL with one of his henchmen.

Big bad 'BUZZ' is in fine form this morning eating granola and reading his own Globe and Mail piece on how he secured the Camero for his members in Oshawa.

What an ego! :o

airbus320 Sep 5, 2006 5:47 am

The biggest EGO in the Canadian labour movement just walked into the T1 MLL with one of his henchmen.

Big bad 'BUZZ' is in fine form this morning eating granola and reading his own Globe and mail piece how he secured the Camero for his members in Oshawa.

What an ego! :o

There goes solidarity..... :D

negotiator Sep 5, 2006 6:01 am

Originally Posted by airbus320
There goes solidarity..... :D

No love lost there, trust me on that!

jral Sep 5, 2006 6:43 am

Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer
Both times in J (along with about 6-7 AC crew members)

no surprise there.