Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:26 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Beavertails
Just booked for this fall! All in Y (I know), but there wasn't J availability anyway and we only had 90K points each...

EDIT: We are being charged 100,000 and not 90,000 points because Africa is a higher total even though we are going to Australia as our destination. I have never heard of this before. Anyone else?
They always charge the most expensive stop in an itinerary. Given you stop in Africa, that is what you are charged.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by briantoronto
They always charge the most expensive stop in an itinerary. Given you stop in Africa, that is what you are charged.
Makes sense. Either way, I'm still pretty stoked. :-)
briantoronto likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:43 pm

Just booked for this fall! All in Y (I know), but there wasn't J availability anyway and we only had 90K points each...

EDIT: We are being charged 100,000 and not 90,000 points because Africa is a higher total even though we are going to Australia as our destination. I have never heard of this before. Anyone else?

YOW-EWR (12 hours) AC
EWR-MXP (12 hours) (Overnight flight) UA
MXP-ADD (3 hour transit in ADD) (Overnight flight) ET
ADD-VFA (STOP - 16 days) ET
VFA-GBE (3 hour transit) ET
GBE-JNB (19 hours) SA
JNB-SIN (13 hours) (Overnight flight) SQ
SIN-PER (DESTINATION - 6 days) SQ
PER-BKK (19 hours) TG
BKK-DXB (18 hours) TG
DXB-IST (21 hours) TK
IST-FCO (STOP - 8 days) TK
FCO-ZRH (23 hours) LX
ZRH-EWR (2 hour transit) UA
EWR-YOW UA

Taxes / fees / YQ / etc = $497.10 + $30 call fee (for each of us).

MPM = 18121
There: 17948
Home: 13795

Looks epic! Enjoy!!

Also makes you wonder, for economy class Africa 100K > Oceania 90K. For business class Africa 150K < Oceania's 160K. Why do we think that is?

Last edited by flyer05; Jan 25, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jhartley15
Finally able to book my itinerary after Ethiopian opened up award space for late 2018 and in J finally at that!

YUL BOS AC Y
BOS IST TK J
IST EBB TK J STOP
EBB ADD ET J
ADD DEL ET J
DEL KTM AI J STOP
KTM BKK TG J
BKK KUL TG J DES
KUL TPE BR J
TPE IAH BR J
IAH YUL AC J

Gorillas, Himalayas, Orangutans, Birdwatching and beaches. Does it get any better! 😁

$294 each ticket. A little higher than I had hoped. but unfortunately extra connections. 2 yrs ago did a similar route to Indonesia but less connections and was about $175 per ticket.
Would you mind sharing the one to Indonesia This is one of the more interesting routings I've seen (KTM / ADD)
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
Looks epic! Enjoy!!
Thanks! I'm also happy to hear that African Y isn't terrible!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Use the United search engine to find each individual leg - if it shows as a "Saver Award" in Economy, Business or First, you can book that flight with Aeroplan over the phone, only exception is Aer Lingus. You'll pay a $30 phone booking fee, but it's easy to save well over $30 in other fees by finding better flights this way.
thank you. your answer is very helpful. one more question: what is the difference between "award saver" and "everyday saver".
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jamesxie63
thank you. your answer is very helpful. one more question: what is the difference between "award saver" and "everyday saver".
You cannot book everyday awards displayed on united.com with Aeroplan miles, only saver ones in I class

For economy, you can only book X class - economy lowest

Also, fees will of course be different, never lower, most of the times much higher for Aeroplan bookings.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:11 pm

ok, I see. thank you
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:25 pm

besides united search engine, and other search engine is good to try?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:43 am

besides united search engine, and other search engine is good to try?
I used a combo of United and ANA when I did my booking (see above somewhere).

For ANA you'll need to sign up (free) to their rewards program. Then search by international partners award flights. It takes a bit of getting used to but was invaluable for helping me navigate through Africa.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: AE SE, SPG/Marriott Plat
I thought I should share this one. All in J...except YYZ-YUL (so close...)

YHZ - LHR
LHR - BKK
BKK - SIN (Stop)
SIN - AKL (Turn)
AKL - PEK
PEK - ICN
ICN - YYZ
YYZ - YUL (open jaw)

Total 320K (2 pax) and ~550$ in total.

The tricky part was this did not work originating in YUL, but it did if we left from YHZ. If we had left from YUL, Auckland would have been closer than Singapore (a little counter intuitive, but yes) therefore making Singapore the destination and Auckland a stop over (which would have put us over MPM on the way back)

Kudos to the AE agent who suggested this workaround...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:24 am

I used a combo of United and ANA when I did my booking (see above somewhere).

For ANA you'll need to sign up (free) to their rewards program. Then search by international partners award flights. It takes a bit of getting used to but was invaluable for helping me navigate through Africa.
thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:26 pm

not quite a mini-RTW

YVR-YUL-LGA/EWR-ARN-FRA-MLA (stop)
MLA-IST/SAW-TBS (turnaround)
TBS-IST-OPO (stop)
OPO-ZRH-YUL-YVR

115K in J + 389.26 + phone booking fee
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:28 pm

hi, guys: my mini RTW is YYZ-TPE-SYD-CDG-YYZ which is scheduled from March 2019 to May 2019. I just used the united airlines search engine to check the flight info and found those flights had not been posted yet. the latest flights is in Jan 2019. maybe a few months later. my question is should I book the award saver flights as early as possible (to lock the seat) or just a few months before the trip (more seats will be posted by the airlines later), which is better. thank you.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:46 pm

hi, guys: my mini RTW is YYZ-TPE-SYD-CDG-YYZ which is scheduled from March 2019 to May 2019. I just used the united airlines search engine to check the flight info and found those flights had not been posted yet. the latest flights is in Jan 2019. maybe a few months later. my question is should I book the award saver flights as early as possible (to lock the seat) or just a few months before the trip (more seats will be posted by the airlines later), which is better. thank you.
They release on different dates, around -330~350

Book ASAP because they'll be GONE and very unlikely to be released later until possibly T-2 weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.