Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by cennis
I think the poster above is correct that the second YZR is probably YVR. Judging by the type of planes at YZR, I dont think YZR would connect directly to TPE, or even YYC.

YYC-YZR Y AC 3H
YZR-TPE J AC 14H

Also well done on planning this, I dont believe AP would have allowed backtracking at YYZ if YZR was not your destination. They aren't that flexible.
Sorry for the confusion. The second YZR was indeed supposed to say YVR. It has been edited now.
Thanks for the kudos. I spent a lot of time on it... more than I'm proud to admit.
Good to know that they probably won't allow backtracking at YZR. GIven my current proximity to SIN and my family living in YZR, I'll always use YZR as my destination anyway. It helps that I moved half way around the world.
cennis likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Folks, i am looking to book a trip to VTZ(INDIA) from YYZ where DXB-VTZ seems to be having a direct AI flight in flight connections, where as AP or united.com does not show this itinerary and throwing invalid route.

Can any one help me to find the reason?

Basically my routing would be YYZ-CAI-DXB-VTZ(DEST)-SIN-TPE(STOP)-ICN-YYZ and dates are July 19 to Aug 5th

Appreciate any help in this regards
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by mkannuri
Folks, i am looking to book a trip to VTZ(INDIA) from YYZ where DXB-VTZ seems to be having a direct AI flight in flight connections, where as AP or united.com does not show this itinerary and throwing invalid route.

Can any one help me to find the reason?

Basically my routing would be YYZ-CAI-DXB-VTZ(DEST)-SIN-TPE(STOP)-ICN-YYZ and dates are July 19 to Aug 5th

Appreciate any help in this regards
Expert Flyer isn't showing any award availability on those DXB-VTZ flights so that's why they're not showing up. Probably have to go via DEL or BOM. Could look at skipping DXB all together and go direct CAI-BOM though availability on that route is somewhat limited.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by gordie44
Just booked:

YYZ-LIS - TP J - 8 hrs Lisbon
LIS-PRG - TP J - 21.5 hrs Prague
PRG-VIE - OS J - 23 hrs Vienna
VIE-BUD - OS J - 22 hrs Budapest
BUD-IST-MRU - TK J - 13 days Mauritius and Réunion
MRU-JNB-PER - SA J - 7D/8N, won't stay in Perth, looking at NZ with Avios
PER-SIN - SQ J - 6 hrs SIN
SIN-SGN - SQ Y - 3.5D/4N Ho Chi Minh City
SGN-TPE-YYZ - BR J

Total YQ - $327 CAD
Great itinerary. There are so many things to do in Western Australia - you should consider it instead of NZ!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Thank you Opentag,
with somany permutation and combination its really getting tough to have a decent iteinery to reach VTZ from YYZ on low YQ. it looks travelling thru Europe seems to be no go..and i am seeing some from AC via NRT and NH to DEL, then AI to VTZ but not sure the YQ law passing thru japan.

Any other suggestions for outbound to reach VTZ by July 21st starting from 19th with low YQ carriers on J with decent 1 layover max? i am open for anyting even the CAI (pyramids visting) is not possible..

appreciate any help
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: SE 100K
Just booked:

SGN-TPE-YYZ - BR J

Total YQ - $327 CAD
Nice itinerary; out of curiosity when is the trip? Just wondering for data points re: availability and how far out you booked.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Definitely a consideration. This will be the third year in a row I'll be flying into Perth lol. The first year I did Perth, Kalgoorlie and Fremantle. I loved it. Last year I flew out to Melbourne with Qantas J, and did Mel and the Great Ocean Road.

I may not fly as far as NZ, might do Darwin or Cairns instead, combined with Uluru. Maybe Tasmania instead? I love Perth but have a lot of Avios and Aus is a great place to use them.

I really wanted to fit in NZ on this itinerary, but I couldn't get the schedules to jive from NZ back home, without 10h of economy. I would have sucked it up I think if could have gotten a routing and layover via PPT, would have split up the econ flights a bit, however I couldn't make that work either.

Love Western Australia, who knows, I might end up there!
Not sure if you saw up above, but there's lots of availability to NZ now... SIN-MEL-WLG, LAX-AKL, SFO-AKL, I even saw TPE-AKL, KIX-AKL, and SIN-AKL available.

Availability dries up a bit around november, but it can be found in Nov, Dec, and 2020. Just a thought! I'm tempted to change up my Feb trip to throw in NZ...

Also BUD is great, you'll have a great time whether you want to keep it classy or indulge in some seedier nightlife.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
Not sure if you saw up above, but there's lots of availability to NZ now... SIN-MEL-WLG, LAX-AKL, SFO-AKL, I even saw TPE-AKL, KIX-AKL, and SIN-AKL available.

Availability dries up a bit around november, but it can be found in Nov, Dec, and 2020. Just a thought! I'm tempted to change up my Feb trip to throw in NZ...
Looking on EF? AE? Or United search?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:30 am

Just booked:

SGN-TPE-YYZ - BR J

Total YQ - $327 CAD

I think it's better to fly east.
WOW! What an amazing trip. Nice job! You say YQ is $327. I'm curious to know how much the total fees are? Those OS flights alone are about $100 each on the Aeroplan site.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Looking on EF? AE? Or United search?
AE, all the way to checkout.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:47 pm

Just booked my first min-RTW.

EWR-PEK (Stop)
PEK-ICN (Destination)
ICN-NRT (Stop)
NRT-EWR

75K miles + $188 USD fees per person + booking fee

Two things I discovered on the phone that I was not aware of beforehand unfortunately:
  1. The $30 booking fee is per passenger, not total, which is really a ripoff.
  2. The fees I got from adding up the individual leg costs somehow were $30 lower than what I was quoted on the phone. Even after I asked the representative to tell me what the individual ones she was seeing were (which she did and agreed with me they were lower), the sum was still priced out higher. She made some random excuse up that it does not always match. Assuming she is right, but is this common knowledge or did I get ripped off?
Edit: I just realized the extreme irony of me complaining about policies that I had researched and created a post about in 2011 (The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW). LOL. Completely forgot about that, looks like the thread got pretty popular. Too funny.

Last edited by FrequentFlyer9000; Jul 14, 2019 at 6:01 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
There was decent availability, I was eyeing PER-SIN-MEL-WLG-AKL. It just wasn't working out with the schedule, keeping me too many days in PER while taking days away from the limited time I would have for NZ.

Then from NZ-YYZ would have been a bunch of economy, probably with a J flight at the end, but the way I have it now, I get a nice direct BR J flight to finish it off.

There was the alternate routing of PER-AKL-BNE-TPE-YYZ, and I think there is another possibility via TYO, but both of those involve a 9hr+ economy flight PER-AKL (and then I would still need to fly to the south island which is where I actually wanted to go)

If I fly to AKL via SIN, the only routing I can take back is via PPT-SFO or SFO direct. Maybe HNL as well, not sure there.

I look forward to learning about Budapest!
Try AKL -NRT-YUL or AKL-NRT/HND-YYZ. I'm can see some dates in Nov, Dec
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Just booked my first min-RTW.

EWR-PEK (Stop)
PEK-ICN (Destination)
ICN-NRT (Stop)
NRT-EWR

75K miles + $188 USD fees per person + booking fee
A bit pendantic, but it's not a mini-RTW...with RTW being round the world.

1. The $30 booking fee is per passenger, not total, which is really a ripoff.
Yes, it's per ticket, and clearly listed as so.

2. The fees I got from adding up the individual leg costs somehow were $30 lower than what I was quoted on the phone. Even after I asked the representative to tell me what the individual ones she was seeing were (which she did and agreed with me they were lower), the sum was still priced out higher. She made some random excuse up that it does not always match. Assuming she is right, but is this common knowledge or did I get ripped off?Edit: I just realized the extreme irony of me complaining about policies that I had researched and created a post about in 2011 (The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW). LOL. Completely forgot about that, looks like the thread got pretty popular. Too funny.
Taxes/Fees are not a sum of the individual parts, so no the agent isn't ripping you off.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:45 pm

Just booked tonight, all in J:

YYZ-WAW (LO)
WAW-CDG (LO) - stop
CDG-IST (TK)
IST-BKK (TK)
BKK-SIN (SQ) - stop
SIN-MEL (SQ) - destination
MEL-SIN (SQ)
SIN-PVG (SQ)
PVG-YYZ (AC)

Cost $699 in YQ/taxes/fees + $30 booking fee
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan - currently no status
Booked my first mini-rtw.

ALL IN J class
YYZ-LIS - TP
LIS-BRU - TP
BRU-VIE - SN - Stop
VIE-IST - TK
IST-DXB - TK
DXB-BKK - TG
BKK-SIN - SQ
SIN-MEL - SQ - Destination
MEL-SIN - SQ
SIN-DPS - SQ - Stop
DPS-TPE - BR
TPE-YYZ - BR

~$336 YQ/Taxes/fees + $30 agent booking fee

Thanks everyone for inspiration and education!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.