Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
How did you piece it together on the website?
Just as a Multi-City and each leg populated how you wanted it to?
Yes..Just used the mutli city option picking in my case DSP and NRT as the two places I wanted to go. There's quite a few options to Bali-- You can fly the route I chose, or you can go through Warsaw using LOT, or all the way on TK via Istanbul (I did not fancy a 9 hour plus connection) or you can go transpacific via TPE. There are others too but those attract ridiculous surcharges.

You just have to check day by day and see what shows up.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by mapleg
Yes..Just used the mutli city option picking in my case DSP and NRT as the two places I wanted to go. There's quite a few options to Bali-- You can fly the route I chose, or you can go through Warsaw using LOT, or all the way on TK via Istanbul (I did not fancy a 9 hour plus connection) or you can go transpacific via TPE. There are others too but those attract ridiculous surcharges.

Sweet, thanks.
Looks like a great itinerary - hope things improve so you get to go / travel opens up for everyone!
Old May 3, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
I'm pretty sure it's a covid19 special whether they're intentionally or unintentionally showing those online.

In normal times, they almost always showed mixed itineraries that include long haul Y, with high YQ carriers.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
, or all the way on TK via Istanbul (I did not fancy a 9 hour plus connection)
I haven't been to the new IST airport, but old one is huge and disorganized, with pretty good TK lounge, I hear new IST is similar in every way as old one except with a worse access to the city. 9 hours layover isn't bad. You may be eligible for a private room, T&C apply.

I believe you can cancel with no fee within 24 hours of booking, if you change your mind
Old May 4, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
I'm pretty sure it's a covid19 special whether they're intentionally or unintentionally showing those online.

In normal times, they almost always showed mixed itineraries that include long haul Y, with high YQ carriers.
Can't say I agree with that in all cases. For years and years I have booked on line with no or nominal YQ
Old May 4, 2020, 7:54 am

I haven't been to the new IST airport, but old one is huge and disorganized, with pretty good TK lounge, I hear new IST is similar in every way as old one except with a worse access to the city. 9 hours layover isn't bad. You may be eligible for a private room, T&C apply.

I believe you can cancel with no fee within 24 hours of booking, if you change your mind
Actually thanks to COVID I can cancel for free up to June 29th.

I considered TK all the way Toronto to Bali but I don't really like the 9 hour layover, even if I do get a free room. TAP Toronto to Lisbon is a decent product now on their new planes and preferred to the TK 777 for long haul, and the lounge in Lisbon is fine to me. I still get to visit the TK lounge for a short while on my IST conenction.
maverikbc likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 12:06 pm

I've been to the new TK lounges at IST (they've got 2 now) and they are not quite the same as what it was before. They are still quite nice, and for most parts better, but there are a few things I liked better in the old TK lounge. If you only have access to one of the 2 TK lounges, don't worry, they are very similar.
maverikbc likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:38 pm

I got a schedule change on my mini RTW. At first I thought it was just a change in departure time on initial departure flight out of YYZ. Turns out it is a time change, and a date change in that I commence my trip on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday night.. Net result is I know have a legitimate extra >24 hour stop in Portugal as arrive in Lisbon 10am Sunday and don't depart until 16:15 on Monday...so now I have 32 hours in Lisbon. Sounds good to me.

New itin is:

YYZ-LIS TAP --Stop 32 hours
LIS IST-DPS TK- Stop 4 days
DPS-BKK-ICN-NRT Destination 13 days (on TG and OZ)
NRT-TPE-YYZ on BR

Taxes as below and zero YQ.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I am looking at this trip, first time trying this with aeroplan for Jan/Feb all in J except NH segment HND-CTS:

YVR-LAX-SIN-DPS(stop)-SIN (<24)-TPE-(<24)/TSA-HND-CTS(stop)-ICN-TPE-YVR

Mileage is under the 13,338 MPM for YVR-DPS but can I route through TPE twice (either side of stopover in CTS)? If not I will have to return CTS-NRT-YVR with AC on the last leg. 10,880 miles to DPS, 12,315 miles for return. Flights available on aeroplan.com, but will likely have to call in. I am able to get LAX-SIN on SQ, never flown them before so looking forward to this.

Thanks

Last edited by tobegold; May 17, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Old May 17, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by tobegold
I am looking at this trip, first time trying this with aeroplan for Jan/Feb all in J except NH segment HND-CTS:

YVR-LAX-SIN-DPS(stop)-SIN (<24)-TPE-(<24)/TSA-HND-CTS(stop)-ICN-TPE-YVR

Mileage is under the 13,338 MPM for YVR-DPS but can I route through TPE twice (either side of stopover in CTS)? If not I will have to return CTS-NRT-YVR with AC on the last leg. 10,880 miles to DPS, 12,315 miles for return. Flights available on aeroplan.com, but will likely have to call in. I am able to get LAX-SIN on SQ, never flown them before so looking forward to this.

Thanks
You can only transit a city twice if they're on either side of your destination. In your case, transiting TPE twice would not be allowed.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
You can only transit a city twice if they're on either side of your destination. In your case, transiting TPE twice would not be allowed.
Thanks Chris, I was able to modify booking but had to modify again when on the phone with the agent - seems that there have been SQ flights listing on AP that are not bookable - so scratch the TPAC on SQ. There were a few other flight options that I had found on AP but were not listing in the agents system. Took 3 calls to book - first agents system went down after I fed the flights, second agent had his head up his b*tt telling me I cannot feed the flights and can only get what they list as Dep-Dest-Stop-Home - HUCA, third time had a wonderful agent (Heather) who helped fix my flights, I wish we had more agents like Heather.
My final booking - all in J except for the domestic ANA legs:

YVR-TPE-SIN all on BR, 22 hr layover
SIN-BKK SQ 22 hr layover
BKK-DPS TG destination
DPS-TPE BR 23 hr layover
TSA-HND-CTS NH stop
CTS-NRT-YVR AC on int'l leg

155,000 miles $440.23 including booking fee - the final legs CTS-YVR would have been half the fees. Anyway I prefer AC over ANA in J as I am allergic to seafood and most of what NH serves has seafood in it.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
After having to cancel this year I re-booked for next May for me and hubby
YYZ-TPE-DPS BR J
DPS- SIN (22 Hr layover) - MLE SIN J
MLE -IST - AMS TK J
AMS- YYZ AC J

$340 taxes and fees
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
MINI-RTW FOR Christmas with EY segments

I just re-did my new Mini-RTW with EY segments today for this coming Christmas 🎄!!
cennis likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by terencelai

I just re-did my new Mini-RTW with EY segments today for this coming Christmas 🎄!!
How did you manage to transit Seoul twice in the same direction??
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Originally Posted by Smiley90
How did you manage to transit Seoul twice in the same direction??
I had a major schedule change, MPM and routing restrictions no longer apply. Either Aeroplan buys me a cash ticket 🎟 for that missing leg, or let me book whatever available in the inventory with no additional collection in fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.