Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Reduction of staffing on widebodies on ML AC? Did I miss the memo? Isn't it still 1:40?
Not according to the crews I flew TPAC with recently told me. Not sure what the ratio is, but FA numbers were reduced.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reduction of staffing on widebodies on ML AC? Did I miss the memo? Isn't it still 1:40?
Where have you been?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...reduction.html
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Do you have any idea why an airline like BR can consistently deliver this on a 773? 1:40 takeoff, 2:00am or so once airborne, and I'm literally done my meal by 2:30am.

And it's consistent. Why can't AC do this? (if you don't mind me asking).

*Yes, I realize you're not privy to the internal operations of BR, but I'm just curious as to where your thoughts are on this given your extensive experience as a service director. Thanks!
The time frames which you've described (50 minute window) pretty much parallel my experience from a delivery point of view. Also bear in mind that the number of Guests opting for sleep in favour of dining increases dramatically into the wee hours of the night. I would wager that many pass on any meal service whatsoever on BR's 0140 departure as I've experienced on our late departures (post 2300 hrs) to GIG, SCL & LHR.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
IIRC, staffing is different depending on route length and destination, based on a reply from YYZSD on an observation I had about my perceived staffing differences YYZ-NRT vs NRT-YVR flights.

I had noticed this when trying to find out why the service on one flight appeared to be different than on another.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sorry, I just would like clarification... It is the heating up of entrees that takes away from the quality of service for other J pax, correct? I will respect the rationale even if I disagree with it. I would just like to know the official rationale.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
A la carte Breakfast (aka - the card) is not offered on YYZ-TLV (and IST) flights which provisions full breakfast due to flight duration. A la carte is offered only on Canada to Europe flights where a full dinner service is the main meal.
Thanks for the explanation. I like to think of the a la carte breakfast as a full breakfast, so that is why I did not understand not being handed the cards.

On last Saturday's YUL-CDG flight, a different (shorter) card was distributed. It did not ask what drinks would be preferred (juice/tea/coffee). Why the shorter breakfast card? With the previous card you could preselect your entire breakfast.

Finally, this was a refurbished 77W (with the DreamCabin interior). I asked for cappuccino in the morning and they were unable to get the milk frother/steamer to work. Previously, I had thought this was an equipment issue, but I have had enough successful ones on 788 aircraft that I am wondering if it is a training issue for the flight crews?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
At least for February 2016 ex-CDG, the foie gras was back.
Now that it's March, no idea if it's been yanked again.
The appetizer on yesterday's CDG-YYZ was smoked duck magret and foie gras. It appears to be still on the menu for March.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by GJS - yow

On last Saturday's YUL-CDG flight, a different (shorter) card was distributed. It did not ask what drinks would be preferred (juice/tea/coffee). Why the shorter breakfast card? With the previous card you could preselect your entire breakfast.
The card was condensed as per Crew feedback. Tastes change over the course of 6-8 hours and Customers were asking for extra sugar, extra milk/cream, deciding to take tea over coffee, etc. From my perspective it removed an element of Customer interaction, and asking "what may I offer you to drink" seems to have worked successfully over the course of almost 80 years . I also reconfirm the breakfast selection upon distribution, as again, preferences may have changed through the course of the night.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:10 am

The card was condensed as per Crew feedback. Tastes change over the course of 6-8 hours and Customers were asking for extra sugar, extra milk/cream, deciding to take tea over coffee, etc. From my perspective it removed an element of Customer interaction, and asking "what may I offer you to drink" seems to have worked successfully over the course of almost 80 years . I also reconfirm the breakfast selection upon distribution, as again, preferences may have changed through the course of the night.
That makes sense. I wasn't complaining - just wanted to know about the change. I did like to indicate an espresso beverage on the card (on DreamCabin aircraft) so that it could be made ready for when breakfast was served. That is not something that is offered from the service trolley.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
That makes sense. I wasn't complaining - just wanted to know about the change. I did like to indicate an espresso beverage on the card (on DreamCabin aircraft) so that it could be made ready for when breakfast was served. That is not something that is offered from the service trolley.
I think a reference is made to Espresso/Cappuccino on the main menu and needless to say we're happy to get it for you anytime. On a side note, these machines are very sensitive creatures and have required some periodic maintenance.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Reminds me of a YYZ-CPH flight where I indicated what I wanted, then two hours later, decided I just wanted to sleep, so had them tear up the card.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Reminds me of a YYZ-CPH flight where I indicated what I wanted, then two hours later, decided I just wanted to sleep, so had them tear up the card.
I think they were striving for a simpler format. Seat numbers are still not regularly marked on the cards (I check before pick up), and not uncommon for Customers to check off "do not wish to be woken for breakfast" yet check off every option on said card.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
not uncommon for Customers to check off "do not wish to be woken for breakfast" yet check off every option on said card.
My interpretation of this is that If I'm asleep please don't wake me, but if I'm awake then this is what I'd like. If there's ambiguity then whoever picks up the card should question it, (and make sure seat number is completed )
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
My interpretation of this is that If I'm asleep please don't wake me, but if I'm awake then this is what I'd like. If there's ambiguity then whoever picks up the card should question it, (and make sure seat number is completed )
Right on -- and the trays are assembled in the event of.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:18 pm

Anyone know what the menu items are currently for YYZ->HND & NRT->YYZ in both business & premium economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.