Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Here is mine of the exact same meal haha
Ha! Great pics, I'm jealous

Your breakfast looks 100% identical to the domestic J dish. Maybe I was still sleeping, but I would have sworn it was different on my flight.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by gabdusch

Your breakfast looks 100% identical to the domestic J dish. Maybe I was still sleeping, but I would have sworn it was different on my flight.
I literally spend 5 minutes taking the pics for each dish and wait for the FA to go away lol while they look at me wierd.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)

Yeah the breakfast is almost the same as domestic J but you get more options from the card for things like croissants and muffins.

Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
See upthread.

The Tuna Tataki and Sablefish Hawksworth are no more.

New Hawksworth dishes out.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I flew AC92 YYZ-SCL in late December on a 77W (fin 731, refurbished) and the sablefish was cooked perfectly and tasted great.

Which fin # did you fly on?

AC 15 was FIN 704 C-FIVK

AC 16 was FIN 705 C-FIND
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Question International J Omelette Trivia Question

Q: Is AC869 the only flight system-wide that caters a true cheese omelette? If not, which other flights does?

(I believe the cheese is mozzarella)
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post AC063 YVRICN January 2016

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post AC063 YVRICN January 2016

AC063 YVRICN January 2016

NJHMKGP-NJMSNE-NJHSHE78-NJHLK 1/16

Notes:
  • Lunch Entrées are basically identical to TATL except for the Korean-ish Stir-fried pork replacing the TATL pasta.
  • There is new commentary from the chef. Previous/first commentary was "The sky was certainly not the limit when it came to creating dishes for Air Canada's International Business Class clientele and it's an absolute privilege to share a taste of Canada's cuisine with international travelers." See below for new commentary.
  • Salad remains identical to previous Hawksworth menus from 2015.
  • Cheese cart identical to previous Hawksworth menus from 2015.
  • New Hawksworth dessert is a variant on the previous dark chocolate fondant from 2015

We are proud to feature a selection of signature dishes, created exclusively for Air Canada by internationally renowned Canadian Chef David Hawksworth. These recipes, celebrating Canada's cultural diversity and natural environment, showcase the ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine that has become Chef Hawkworth's trademark.

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH
"It's my absolute pleasure to share my new dishes and favourite flavours with Air Canada's International Business Class clientele. It's an honour to be able to showcase a taste of Canada's deliciously diverse contemporary cuisine, from coast to coast, to international travellers." David Hawksworth

"H" = Hawksworth Signature Dish (on the menu it is actually an upright fork and knife with a red airplane going through both to form the letter "H")

DINNER

APPETIZER

H Smoked Ontario duck breast, Waldorf salad, mustard apple pureé

SALAD

*Mixed greens and grape tomatoes served with vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Stir-fried pork with chilli pepper presented with steamed rice, cauliflower, zucchini and broccoli

HGrilled chicken, charred scallion barbeque sauce, brown rice, corn, crispy shallot

*Grilled Atlantic salmon accompanied by mixed vegetable bouillabaisse, saffron dill potato and steamed bok-choy

Grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin with Cabernet peppercorn sauce werved with Yukon Gold mashed potato and sautéed asparagus

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Oka, Camembert and medium Cheddar served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

H Dark chocolate fondant with hazelnut praline and cranberry orange compote

*Fresh seasonal fruit

EXPRESS LIGHT MEAL OPTION
Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

FLEXIBLE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION
Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

H Hawksworth Signature Dish

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

AT YOUR LEISURE
Choose one or more of the following light snack options. Simply ask your flight attendant between meal services.

Hot noodle soup served with shrimp and pork wontons and gai-lan

Hot snack - Spicy pineapple chicken skewer

*Healthy option - Vegetable salad with tomato, hummus, broccoli and cauliflower

Dim sum selection of siu mai, har gau and shrimp and spinach dim sum

Ice cream

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

LIGHT MEAL
A light meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time please inform your flight attendant.

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolates

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Stir-fried beef strips with bamboo shoot and Korean rice cake

Grilled chicken served with red wine sauce accompanied by mini potato, carrot and broccoli

Tomato, caper and ricotta ravioli offered with tomato rosé and spinach sauce

WINE LIST remains as same list released in October 2015.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
The Hawksworth chicken dish doesn't sound too bad, though I wonder what his obsession with brown rice is. Just out of curiousity: Is it boneless chicken?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The Hawksworth chicken dish doesn't sound too bad, though I wonder what his obsession with brown rice is. Just out of curiousity: Is it boneless chicken?
I tried the new Hawkworth grilled chicken entree

Yes, it is boneless.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
I'm Vegan so I always have Vegitarian non dairy.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Brown Rice healthy and that's the best reason why.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Silvercity
Brown Rice healthy and that's the best reason why.
Fair enough. I just find plain rice rather unexciting, especially if the dish contains no/little sauce.

I tend to prefer risotto, Greek tomato pilaf or Indian-style mango / lemon / tomato rice.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I liked it when they had the foie gras as the appetizer. I find the cheese selection on the CDG flights fascinating as I haven't heard of many of them on each menu...
Am flying CDG to YYZ in a few weeks and had been looking forward to the foie gras. Disappointing if it's now off the menu. :-(
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Success rate with ordering espresso beverages?

Since the 788 introduced the option of espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc., what is your success rate in getting the crew to prepare a premium coffee beverage?

I know there have been problems with the equipment, but to my knowledge they have been repaired. However, I am never offered the option of anything but drip/filtered coffee - I often had write latte on the breakfast card. When I ask, I have about a 40% success rate in getting them to try preparing a specialty coffee. Of those, about half the time they are good, the other half the milk portion may be foamy but is still cold.

Also, does anyone know if the refurbed 777s have the espresso maker in the galley?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by The Lev
Am flying CDG to YYZ in a few weeks and had been looking forward to the foie gras. Disappointing if it's now off the menu. :-(
It was on the menu in November and actually pretty good. The rest of the meal was diabolical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.