Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Anybody know if AC thinks Hawksworth cooks anything other than Sablefish as a main course?

I do like it, but if I travelled as often as certain nomads, I'd be looking for a bit of variety.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I believe the plan was to change the Signature Dishes quarterly. The appetizer and main will change in January.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by The Lev
Anybody know if AC thinks Hawksworth cooks anything other than Sablefish as a main course?

I do like it, but if I travelled as often as certain nomads, I'd be looking for a bit of variety.
You also forgot about the Bigglesworth tuna tataki appetizer.

I no longer order the Biggleswart Sablefish because, as you said, I want variety (which is still a bit of an oxymoron on AC).
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Check out the plethora of AC001/002/003 posts that 24left and I have posted in this thread over the past half year. That will give you a really good idea of what to expect on YYZHKG/HKGYYZ.

All of my menu posts are the full-blown menus, all typed out for easy searching.
Thanks! Yeah, I assumed the menus would be quite similar and I flew AC1/2 earlier this year and quite enjoyed the food (incl. the brunch options).
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
You also forgot about the Bigglesworth tuna tataki appetizer.

I no longer order the Biggleswart Sablefish because, as you said, I want variety (which is still a bit of an oxymoron on AC).
IIRC, the next rotation will be a non-fish appetizer & main. International meals rotate monthly, perhaps they went longer with the Hawksworth dishes to test the waters & see how they were received. My opinion (based on Customer opinion) - very well.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
IIRC, the next rotation will be a non-fish appetizer & main. International meals rotate monthly, perhaps they went longer with the Hawksworth dishes to test the waters & see how they were received. My opinion (based on Customer opinion) - very well.
Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the Hawksworth dishes. But I ordered too many now... and I overdosed on them! Them weekly TATLs and TPACs bores one out! I see the monthly changes, and if you have seen my various full-blown menu posts, I even note the subtle deltas month-to-month between menus on the same routes!

Which reminds me, I should write AY a note letting him know the improvements I've noticed in J food recently.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
November 2015 AC004 NRT YYZ

EDIT: Title should read November 2015 AC004 NRT YVR

November 2015 AC004 NRT YVR 22-NRT-JHMNGP-JMSNW-JHBN78 11/15

yyznomad’s meal selection and menu description is below

(24left’s dinner selection and menu description from same flight are upthread in post #814. Included there are the Appetizer, Salad, Main Course and Dessert)

NOTE: For easier search, the full menu will follow in a separate post

DINNER

MAIN COURSES

Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled salmon with miso paste, steamed rice and mixed vegetables[/I]

Last edited by 24left; Dec 9, 2015 at 12:16 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:35 pm
Suspended

November 2015 AC004 NRT YYZ

EDIT: Title should read November 2015 AC004 NRT YVR

DINNER

APPETIZER

Sautéed prawn and scallop with marinated potatoes and baked apricot

SALAD

*Mixed greens, tomato and seaweed served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Beef tenderloin complemented by sweet wine sauce, cheese mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini, red pepper and bamboo shoot

Chicken breast presented with basil cream sauce, tomato quinoa, broccoli, yellow pepper and tomato

Sautéed salmon served with lemon pepper sauce steamed mixed rice, red and yellow peppers, cauliflower and zucchini

Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled salmon with miso paste, steamed rice and mixed vegetables

SELECTION OF CHEESE

Camembert, Cheddar and Emmental served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

Tiramisù

*Fresh seasonal fruit

EXPRESS LIGHT MEAL OPTION

Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

FLEXIBLE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION

Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

AT YOUR LEISURE

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

BRUNCH

Please note that brunch will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

*Fresh orange juice

*Fresh seasonal fruit

*Yogurt

Croissants and apple Danish with butter and preserves

MAIN COURSES

Herb omelette with fried potato wedges, green beans, carrots and sautéed chicken sausage

Japanese rice congee with sticky egg, sautéed mustard leaf and mistuba leaf served with grilled salmon and sautéed lotus root in soy sauce, cloud ear mushroom and kelp with wasabi and dried Japanese plum

Fried udon noodles with pork, cabbage, bamboo shoot, carrot, shiitake mushroom, red pepper and ginger

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 9, 2015 at 12:13 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left

yyznomad’s meal selection and menu description from menu is below

(24left’s dinner selection and menu description from same flight are upthread in post #814. Included there are the Appetizer, Salad, Main Course and Dessert)

NOTE: For easier search, the full menu will follow in a separate post

DINNER

MAIN COURSES

Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled salmon with miso paste, steamed rice and mixed vegetables[/I]

I really liked that dish. Did you?

For some reason, crew never offers the sake (offered 1/4 for me).

I don't care since I don't drink it anyway, but are we supposed to ask or is it supposed to be offered?

Also, it would be nice to be offered a bottle of Sochu on the tray (at least ex-Japan). You know, to clear the palate LOL

Last edited by SparseFlyer; Dec 9, 2015 at 9:26 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I really liked that dish. Did you?

For some reason, crew never offers the sake (offered 1/4 for me).

I don't care since I don't drink it anyway, but are we supposed to ask or is it supposed to be offered?

Also, it would be nice to be offered a bottle of Sochu on the tray (at least ex-Japan). You know, to clear the palate LOL
24left indicated it was my meal selection.
I liked it.

50/50 between offered and asked for sake, along with warm or cold.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: *$ Green
24left indicated it was my meal selection.
I liked it.

50/50 between offered and asked for sake, along with warm or cold.
Oops, guess I missed that

I'd dig a cold Soshu bottle instead of an indeterminate temperature Sake.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Does anyone know whether there are unique meal offerings on the DXB flight that reflect the destination's gastronomic profile?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 747FC
Does anyone know whether there are unique meal offerings on the DXB flight that reflect the destination's gastronomic profile?

Can those FTers who flew YYZ-DXB recently in J, please post the menu. Thanks.

(If you flew Premium Economy, please post in that thread)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Can those FTers who flew YYZ-DXB recently in J, please post the menu. Thanks.

(If you flew Premium Economy, please post in that thread)
Simply recall there was a Route Specific Meal for both Services in J served with Pita. A Route Specific Meal for the 1st Service in PY - also served with Pita. And most notably a dynamite VEG choice in Y for the first service DXB-YYZ
(I ate 3!)
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:29 am

December 2015 AC858 YYZ LHR

December 2015 AC858 YYZ LHR

DINNER

APPETIZER

(H) Yellowfin tuna tataki, scallion ginger vinaigrette, passion fruit, puffed rice

SALAD

Mixed greens and grape tomatoes served with vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Grilled AAA beef tenderloin with Cabernet peppercorn sauce, served with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and sauteed asparagus

Seared lemon chicken breast complemented by za'atar butter, wild and white rice and vegetable medley

(H) Tamari roasted sablefish, bok choy, brown rice, chili miso vinaigrette

Mushroom filled ravioli with four-herb marinara Malbec sauce garnished with Parmesan, roasted zucchini and parsley

SELECTION OF CHEESE

Camembert and medium cheddar served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

(H) Dark chocolate fondant, blackberry compote

*Fresh seasonal fruit

EXPRESS LIGHT MEAL OPTION

Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

FLEXIBLE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION

Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

AT YOUR LEISURE

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.