Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 6:02 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by james dean
Nice the hear that at least ONCE it was fab...I usually stay away from the Beef because it's the crap on domestic, I was thinking MAYBE better on IB...wrong!!! Oh well its another "first world problem"...wine wine
I agree this is a first world problem, but I am still amazed when I fly JAL and ANA in J, where they achieve such perfection with their beef. Cooked at perfection, medium rare, tender and juicy.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
I agree this is a first world problem, but I am still amazed when I fly JAL and ANA in J, where they achieve such perfection with their beef. Cooked at perfection, medium rare, tender and juicy.
J meals on NH (can't speak to JL since I haven't experienced) should not be mentioned in the same sentence as those on AC. The two aren't even close to being comparable. Sad but true.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
I hope you get the perfect dish. Enjoy!

As I noted way upthread, it was awesome on AC3, it was awful and not edible on AC15. Different aircraft, different ovens, different crew.
They have sablefish on AC882 YYZ-CPH!

Hopefully all the SE's in J won't deplete the supply.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Originally Posted by capedreamer
J meals on NH (can't speak to JL since I haven't experienced) should not be mentioned in the same sentence as those on AC. The two aren't even close to being comparable. Sad but true.
And as I noted elsewhere and posted photos, also exquisite beef meals on all recent SQ, BR and AA international flights.

I believe somewhere upthread, I posted a photo of the last and only excellent beef meal on AC...in 2012.

It may indeed be FWPs, but I'm paying.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Does anyone has a recent menu pic for PVG-YYZ in J? (AKA Summer Season Menu)
Would really appreciate it.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I hope you get the perfect dish. Enjoy!

As I noted way upthread, it was awesome on AC3, it was awful and not edible on AC15. Different aircraft, different ovens, different crew.
I got my sablefish. It was delicious. The side items (chorizo, tomatoes, etc.) we're okay.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE
AC ran out of champagne on AC10 this week NRT-YYC after the dinner service. Apparently they double-cater the wine on the outbound from Canada, so only had a couple bottles for our flight and ran out early in the flight. At least they still had some white/red wine, and the crew was fantastic.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Fois Gros was served on CDG-YUL. I haven't had it in 10years. Any idea if it is route specific to CDG-YUL?

Old May 25, 2016, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Fois Gros was served on CDG-YUL. I haven't had it in 10years. Any idea if it is route specific to CDG-YUL?
Yes, only seved on CDG-YUL/YYZ afaik.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:55 pm

787 Business Meal serving order.

So back in the day meal service always started at the back row of A and went forward and around in a U shape - ending at the back of the right side of the plane (starboard).

Are the 787 meal orders supposed to also follow this standard still? I have had mixed observations.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
So back in the day meal service always started at the back row of A and went forward and around in a U shape - ending at the back of the right side of the plane (starboard).

Are the 787 meal orders supposed to also follow this standard still? I have had mixed observations.
Front to back.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Ac9 yyc-nrt

Here's some pics of the menu and meal from a recent AC9 flight.

Comments:
  • Flavour on the prawn appetizer was nice; more interesting than many of the more plain options in the past :-:
  • Hawksworth Sablefish dish was great - chorizo added great flavour, and the crispy chickpeas added some nice texture ^ The presentation could have been a bit more refined.
  • My travel companion had the beef, which was overcooked to a hockey puck, as usual. As a sidenote, we had beef the following day on a ~4 hour intra-Asia flight on Oz, and it was cooked perfectly and much better than AC's.
  • The bread was stale and hard
  • Service was very friendly, but also quite slow (it was 90 mins after departure, and 85 mins after the seatbelt sign went off before they even served an appetizer).
Attached Images      
Old May 25, 2016, 9:32 pm

That may explain it. Left or right side first?
Old May 25, 2016, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
That may explain it. Left or right side first?
Same time.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AC S100K

787-8: Horseshoe pattern starting at 5A. One trolley.
787-9: Front to back with two trolleys-one for each aisle.

That's the service pattern. Taking orders may differ I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.