Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Wow. Sablefish plate was an awesome one last night. Probably the most complex flavor profile I've ever experienced inflight. Good first take on my very first AC flight. Thanks to your FTers who have recommended it.

On the other hand, the breakfast croissant was rock hard
Old May 2, 2016, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 747FC
Wow. Sablefish plate was an awesome one last night. Probably the most complex flavor profile I've ever experienced inflight. Good first take on my very first AC flight. Thanks to your FTers who have recommended it.

On the other hand, the breakfast croissant was rock hard
And last night I wrote this in the Soy Milk thread:

Originally Posted by 24left
...(I had to make do with a Kit Kat to LHR at there was no Soy Milk and the croissant was one flake shy of a door stop)

As I wrote upthread:

This was dried out and not resembling anything close to what it was supposed to be.

Last edited by 24left; May 2, 2016 at 9:43 am Reason: added info
Old May 2, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by 24left
And last night I wrote this in the Soy Milk thread:

As I wrote upthread:

This was dried out and not resembling anything close to what it was supposed to be.

LOL.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC E75K
New Cups and Saucers

Anyone else notice?
Attached Images  
Old May 3, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Anyone else notice?
That saucer has been used off and on since the 788 started service.
I can't tell if the cup is a new style but something tells me... No.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So far the earliest post I could find with pictures is from 24left's post from January 2015. I know these saucers and cups were used in 2014 as well after the Dreamliner started service and the new menus were introduced with the new covers that mimicked the dream cabin decor and hues.

The picture of the saucer and cup from 24left's post looks the same...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24140930-post158.html
Old May 4, 2016, 3:14 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
it looks nice
nice than the styrofoam they give you in ua f
Old May 4, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
They were introduced with the 787 for use with the cappuccino makers and there are also proper espresso cups.
Old May 4, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Tough turning that in to a ghetto snack lite!
Old May 4, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Whatever happened to the so called "bistro cuisine" and the new china it was served on?
Old May 4, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Whatever happened to the so called "bistro cuisine" and the new china it was served on?
Do tell... Never heard of this!
Old May 4, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So far the earliest post I could find with pictures is from 24left's post from January 2015. I know these saucers and cups were used in 2014 as well after the Dreamliner started service and the new menus were introduced with the new covers that mimicked the dream cabin decor and hues.

The picture of the saucer and cup from 24left's post looks the same...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24140930-post158.html
Hmm, I took one of the earliest 788 flights ZRH-YYZ when it was inaugurated, but haven't flown AC int'l J much since. I guess I never noticed. I stand corrected!
Old May 4, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Really? I always like the Kaiseki AC meal. Really don't care one way or the other about the state of the rice as I know on a trip to Japan I will be eating all the rice I care to.
Everything else from the Kaiseki meal was great other than the main course. I am not a picky eater but that was one terrible beef/rice dish.

I pretty much skipped breakfast/lunch as I had dinner & 2nd dinner planned in Tokyo that night.

I like the new J Pod, and entertainment system is great. Service is alright compared to EVA airline international J. The FAs just seem to lack that personal touch.

Cappuccino machine was not working and apparently it hasn't worked for a long time. Too bad!
Old May 4, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petah
Cappuccino machine was not working and apparently it hasn't worked for a long time. Too bad!
Yep. This has been widely mentioned in the Dreamliner thread, and once in awhile in this thread.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:16 pm

Is it me or are the dinner rolls always served cold and hard? Aren't they meant to be warm and soft?

I've found this to be less of an issue on domestic/trans-border flights, but often the case for int'l.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.