Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
This may be the wrong thread but I recently flew J from YYT-LHR on AC860 (B767). I was fortunate (read bloody amazed) to be given an OpUp as a lowly-soon-to-be-expired-E35k so I suppose that should colour my experience but the one bit of in flight catering I bothered with - the cheese plate - was just plane awful. Three dried up & bland bits of cheese, 4 water crackers and some tired looking grapes. Even washed down with a couple of glasses of port it was a struggle.
The selection of the cheese hasn't been changed from at least 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if the quality gets lower.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
the cheese plate - was just plane awful.
Was the cheese worse than the plane, was the plane plain, or was the cheese plain?
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was the cheese worse than the plane, was the plane plain, or was the cheese plain?
It was the plain plane, plane awful to be exact.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
The selection of the cheese hasn't been changed from at least 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if the quality gets lower.
That's not so easy.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Had the sablefish on 015 to HKG. I read some posters above saying it was excellent, but I have to say it may be the worst J meal I have ever been served. Frankly, I enjoyed the PE meal on the way home better (Cajun chicken)

Oh, and BTW, why are 2 of the 4 meals in J fish dishes? One would be sufficient.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
Had the sablefish on 015 to HKG. I read some posters above saying it was excellent, but I have to say it may be the worst J meal I have ever been served. Frankly, I enjoyed the PE meal on the way home better (Cajun chicken)

Oh, and BTW, why are 2 of the 4 meals in J fish dishes? One would be sufficient.
IIRC there are a number of sablefish meals. The 'curry' one is utter garbage. Some of the others are edible...
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC

Because that route has a higher demand for fish.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Sounds fishy.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:59 pm

It used to be chicken, beef, fish, and pork for TPAC flights. Then around late 2016 the pork was gone and one additional chicken/beef was offered. Now they moved to fish? Well, at least AC is changing menu.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I get that, but 50% of the menu? Expand the menu then if you want to offer 2 fish dishes
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by songsc
It used to be chicken, beef, fish, and pork for TPAC flights. Then around late 2016 the pork was gone and one additional chicken/beef was offered. Now they moved to fish? Well, at least AC is changing menu.
AC 11 just had beef, chicken fish and pork
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I get that, but 50% of the menu? Expand the menu then if you want to offer 2 fish dishes
Meat used to be 75% of the menu (chicken/beef/pork) for that route.

It's now 50/50 between fish and animals that walk as opposed to swim.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 11 just had beef, chicken fish and pork
Ok, which flight has pork is a mystery now. The missing pork had been somewhat consistent last year for TPAC flights.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.

on YYZ-ZRH a couple wks ago the SD highly recommended it so i remarked "really, it was horrible last time i had it". he insisted it was the best thing on the menu so i decided to give it another shot. It was the same horrible tasting dish. i had to have a G&T, courvoisier and the liqeur to get the taste off my tongue.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by karachi
on YYZ-ZRH a couple wks ago the SD highly recommended it so i remarked "really, it was horrible last time i had it". he insisted it was the best thing on the menu so i decided to give it another shot. It was the same horrible tasting dish. i had to have a G&T, courvoisier and the liqeur to get the taste off my tongue.
That mirrors my experience. I queried the Cod and the sablefish, and was told sablefish was really good. Maybe to a cat or an otter, but not to me.
karachi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.