Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by yyznomad

LHR YYZ? If you are on 869 then it is different than the later flights.
859. 1800 departure
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE
Some variation of:
Chicken
Fish
Red meat
Pasta
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Actual meals, yes.
There is a link to aircanada.com a few posts up that allows you to search for your actual menu.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
There is a link to aircanada.com a few posts up that allows you to search for your actual menu.
LOL. S/he knows this. But it sucks.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by t_rex
Some variation of:
Chicken
Fish
Red meat
Pasta
And Lamb on rotation ex LHR.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Just got off AC845 FRA-YYC on 12/31. Had the cod for my main. Here's the full menu.

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
As alluded to upthread, I will be on AC 859 shortly with my family. I genuinely don't care what is on the menu, but my wife refuses to order a special meal citing lack of variety, and what not. She does require one due to her dietary restrictions but ultimately I told her that if she refuses to order one than she might just not get anything she can eat.

I do know that one option I have as a SE is to order the meal that we believe she can eat, and if it all doesn't work out, she can have "my" meal. However, can I do something like

"I'd like this meal, and my wife would like that meal?" - my wife has no status, but can I over extend my priority meal ordering privileges?

Sometimes I miss flying alone.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
As alluded to upthread, I will be on AC 859 shortly with my family. I genuinely don't care what is on the menu, but my wife refuses to order a special meal citing lack of variety, and what not. She does require one due to her dietary restrictions but ultimately I told her that if she refuses to order one than she might just not get anything she can eat.

I do know that one option I have as a SE is to order the meal that we believe she can eat, and if it all doesn't work out, she can have "my" meal. However, can I do something like

"I'd like this meal, and my wife would like that meal?" - my wife has no status, but can I over extend my priority meal ordering privileges?

Sometimes I miss flying alone.
what I do is politely ask the FA to take my wife’s order INSTEAD of mine. They have invariably then asked me for my order, I’ve demurred, they’ve insisted, and I’ve gratefully accepted and ordered.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by visitor

what I do is politely ask the FA to take my wife’s order INSTEAD of mine. They have invariably then asked me for my order, I’ve demurred, they’ve insisted, and I’ve gratefully accepted and ordered.
My most recent experience (not that I fly with someone that often) is that they had already realized we were together (1DG, talking from boarding up until they came around to ask for my order), and took both, explicitly mentioning it was because we were traveling together.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
YYZ-BOM

chicken was very scarce in the VIJ signature dish. Menu and pictures attached. Maybe there is a budget involved which may explain chickpeas in every meal and less meat. If Vij is reading this since there is already a chickpea curry then perhaps the meat could be a dry kebab or chicken tikka. Also a lot of chickpeas in all class on a 15 hr flight is unpleasant

Last edited by vernonc; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:20 am Reason: Add
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC31 YYZ-PEK 2 Jan 2018

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC31 YYZ-PEK 2 Jan 2018 Menu

Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just got off AC845 FRA-YYC on 12/31. Had the cod for my main.
But was it really cod or just some random fish lost in translation? (Last time they called their fish barramundi...)

Likewise on domestic menus they don't seem to know that in English , one talks of turmeric. (Instead they use the French name, curcuma.)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stranger
But was it really cod or just some random fish lost in translation? (Last time they called their fish barramundi...)
The "Barramundi" on FRA-YYZ is still the worst J meal I've had, possibly worse than any Y meal (at least the way it was served rock hard).
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Stranger

Likewise on domestic menus they don't seem to know that in English , one talks of turmeric. (Instead they use the French name, curcuma.)
I'm not a fish expert but I enjoyed it (by airplane food standards).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.