Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks @24left and @gabdusch for the coordinated TPAC food photos.

Why do the eastbound TPAC pre-arrival omelette option always look like plastic with a truly plastic weiner... moreso than the Domestic/Transborder version?

Admittedly, I've only done the ICN and HND/NRT eastbound TPACs, but they all have the same or similar pre-arrival plastic omelette. Again, people will be like "oh but the domestic/transborder omelette is also plastic"... if you've tried the TPAC version, you know it is not the same.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Thanks [MENTION=742310]
Why do the eastbound TPAC pre-arrival omelette option always look like plastic with a truly plastic weiner... moreso than the Domestic/Transborder version?
Maybe there's only a single manufacturer of the perfectly sized "omelette" in Asia?

Well, there's a reason I always choose the Asian meal for breakfast/brunch on TPAC flights...which usually is quite decent.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Thanks @24left and @gabdusch for the coordinated TPAC food photos.

Admittedly, I've only done the ICN and HND/NRT eastbound TPACs, but they all have the same or similar pre-arrival plastic omelette. Again, people will be like "oh but the domestic/transborder omelette is also plastic"... if you've tried the TPAC version, you know it is not the same.
Honestly, I was so excited just to see a different omelette on AC that I did not pay much attention to anything else.

I remember eating this omelette on AC8 in November and thought it was quite good. But again, maybe I'm just sick of the NA/TATL version...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Honestly, I was so excited just to see a different omelette on AC that I did not pay much attention to anything else.

I remember eating this omelette on AC8 in November and thought it was quite good. But again, maybe I'm just sick of the NA/TATL version...
You know, AC869 (the first YYZ flight from LHR of the day) used to have fluffy cheese omelettes, but they have since reverted back to a regular non-cheese omelette. Those cheese omelettes were really good and I often contemplated waking up after a night of partying just so I could have the cheese omelette!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:49 pm

You know, AC869 (the first YYZ flight from LHR of the day) used to have fluffy cheese omelettes, but they have since reverted back to a regular non-cheese omelette. Those cheese omelettes were really good and I often contemplated waking up after a night of partying just so I could have the cheese omelette!
Sounds tasty. Nothing like a cheesy, greasy piece of omelette goodness to sink down all that alcohol.

Was it like a regular NA omelette with bonus cheese, or a completely different model?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gabdusch
Sounds tasty. Nothing like a cheesy, greasy piece of omelette goodness to sink down all that alcohol.

Was it like a regular NA omelette with bonus cheese, or a completely different model?
Somewhere in this cavernous thread, I've posted AC869 menus.. I can't recall the exact offering, but it was just different overall than the NA omelettes.

Btw, the cheese omelette on AC869 was never "greasy" per se. It was just the right amount of cheese, but still nice and fluffy light.
gabdusch likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Well, there's a reason I always choose the Asian meal for breakfast/brunch on TPAC flights...which usually is quite decent.
I agree. The traditional omelet is just pointless. Might as well swap it with a fruit platter IMHO.

The options do tend to be on point for Asia. So far, I've had:
  • Stir fried noodles (HND)
  • Fried Rice (HKG)
  • Some chicken thing in red sauce (ICN)
  • And I started making a list because I thought I had a list but remembered I only FOTSG and can't remember anything.

Though I believe I've had different variations of stir fried noodles. And I don't count the congee. It's good, but wtv.

I've also had that panini chicken thing, but with something else in it. It was ok. Better than a bag of miss Vicky's, but not as good as the noodle soup. The dumplings are so hit and miss though.

That smoked salmon, potatoes, and red onion App is very good. Congrats. Probably high in sodium, but what can you do at 40,000ft.

Sablefish is good. Haven't had a sauce mishap yet.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Thanks for all the pics and editorials. I will be on the TPE flight again next week. There will be five of us and four like the odd drink so hope we do not end up on here :-).
From what I can remember the dumplings were good. The smoked salmon was quite good. Breakfast on the way back was crap. The sablefish is a bit of a mystery - the fish itself should be quite good by itself with a touch of something to highlight the flavor - instead its swimming in sauce and has a Indian basmati rice and chinese bokchoy. Too adventurous.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Why are flutes sometimes used for champagne, but not always?

Even early in a flight departing YYZ, I've been given champagne in a wine glass.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Even early in a flight departing YYZ, I've been given champagne in a wine glass.
Never seem flutes, except for the sparkling they serve when boarding.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Stranger
Thus you've seen flutes.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:14 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond

Originally Posted by Stranger
Earlier in January in the AC Signature Suite, they served Champagne in proper flutes. The staff was courteous and the Moët & Chandon Rosé was excellent and perfectly chilled. A nice encounter with Gabdusch on the same occasion.
gabdusch likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:19 pm

In my experience I'd say it's 50/50. I have no idea why, but since "flutes" (or should I say, the narrower glasses) are loaded on all(most) flights (for PDB, digestifs, etc) I just ask the crew if they can use this glass for the champagne.

Maybe our resident SD can shed some light on the SOP here, because I'm certainly curious too.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Stems would shatter 100% of the time when one jams them in their seat pockets.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Stems would shatter 100% of the time when one jams them in their seat pockets.
Classy. lol

Some airlines seem to serve champagne in flutes for both PDB and in-flight. Looking at my photos, for eg. CX J, does this. LH F does this QF J and EY F and J do this and so on. On my recent SQ J, they served the champagne in flutes without stems, similar to AC's but slightly taller.

FWP. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.