Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just got off AC845 FRA-YYC on 12/31. Had the cod for my main. Here's the full menu.

Great photos. Thank you for sharing!
capedreamer and Queen B like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
[left]
Originally Posted by vernonc
chicken was very scarce in the VIJ signature dish. Menu and pictures attached. Maybe there is a budget involved which may explain chickpeas in every meal and less meat. If Vij is reading this since there is already a chickpea curry then perhaps the meat could be a dry kebab or chicken tikka. Also a lot of chickpeas in all class on a 15 hr flight is unpleasant

So how do you rate your chickpea-laden food?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad

So how do you rate your chickpea-laden food?
Edible but not outstanding.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
BOM-YYZ menu

i tried the butter chicken from the Main

menu and the paratha for pre arrival. Paratha was good for a veg option
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Apparently boarding within the published boarding times doesn't guarantee you a PDB.

It also guarantees that you'll be harassed (twice) about what you want for dinner (I already ate).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Apparently boarding within the published boarding times doesn't guarantee you a PDB.

It also guarantees that you'll be harassed (twice) about what you want for dinner (I already ate).
I once boarded right before the door close, and FA rushed to serve me a glass of OJ and I rushed to finish it.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
You seem shocked. Was this the first time you experienced not getting PDB when boarding within the published boarding times?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You seem shocked. Was this the first time you experienced not getting PDB when boarding within the published boarding times?
On international, yes.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Unlike the esteemed 24left who takes photos of everything, I didn't, but I would like to report the rack of lamb on yesterday's LHR YYZ (AC859) was fantastic. Definitely not something I expect from Air Canada, but was very surprised.

That said, I didn't note "breakfast" or the equivalent meal served. I (we all did - traveling family) did sleep for most of the flight but perhaps I missed it. The flight landed at Toronto in the evening though so not sure if there was a deviation in meal service or if we all missed it.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
That said, I didn't note "breakfast" or the equivalent meal served. I (we all did - traveling family) did sleep for most of the flight but perhaps I missed it. The flight landed at Toronto in the evening though so not sure if there was a deviation in meal service or if we all missed it.
On the afternoon and evening flights ex-LHR the second "meal" is an afternoon tea with mini sandwiches and scones. You didn't miss out on anything IMHO.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
On the afternoon and evening flights ex-LHR the second "meal" is an afternoon tea with mini sandwiches and scones. You didn't miss out on anything IMHO.
I find that post highly amusing, because of all the "short" intercontinental AC flights I've taken (not too many), the only ones I explicitly want the second meal are the ones out of LHR.

I decline it out of every other station.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I find that post highly amusing, because of all the "short" intercontinental AC flights I've taken (not too many), the only ones I explicitly want the second meal are the ones out of LHR.

I decline it out of every other station.
Well, I guess preferences vary.

Personally, I'd choose a pre-packaged sandwich from Tescos or WH Smith any day over those slightly stale mini sandwich slices. But maybe I've just flown out of LHR a few too many times over the years....

That being said, I can't get excited about any of the "pre-arrival snacks/meals" on TATL westbound flights. But again that could be related to the snack changing maybe once or twice during the last eight years.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Unlike the esteemed 24left who takes photos of everything, I didn't, but I would like to report the rack of lamb on yesterday's LHR YYZ (AC859) was fantastic. Definitely not something I expect from Air Canada, but was very surprised.

This is what you missed out on.

This is the Chicken Tikka Masala you didn't order....
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Well, I guess preferences vary.

Personally, I'd choose a pre-packaged sandwich from Tescos or WH Smith any day over those slightly stale mini sandwich slices. But maybe I've just flown out of LHR a few too many times over the years....

That being said, I can't get excited about any of the "pre-arrival snacks/meals" on TATL westbound flights. But again that could be related to the snack changing maybe once or twice during the last eight years.
I would agree, or a nice sandwich from EAT, but I was connecting out of LHR hence my comment.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
This may be the wrong thread but I recently flew J from YYT-LHR on AC860 (B767). I was fortunate (read bloody amazed) to be given an OpUp as a lowly-soon-to-be-expired-E35k so I suppose that should colour my experience but the one bit of in flight catering I bothered with - the cheese plate - was just plane awful. Three dried up & bland bits of cheese, 4 water crackers and some tired looking grapes. Even washed down with a couple of glasses of port it was a struggle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.