Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
AC 837 (MAD-YYZ) on Aug 22 in J .. both the appetizer as well as the snack had pork in it. is this normal at AC now ? when I refused both, the FA remarked how I wasnt the only one to do that and she was surprised AC does this on flights.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pata negra?

It's Spain after all, what do you expect?

Might even have been lost in translation. They don't seem to know what "curcuma" translates into in proper English, for instance.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by karachi
AC 837 (MAD-YYZ) on Aug 22 in J .. both the appetizer as well as the snack had pork in it. is this normal at AC now ? when I refused both, the FA remarked how I wasnt the only one to do that and she was surprised AC does this on flights.
I do this run often & it's simply the current rotation. I'm guessing it's the rotation with prosciutto/iberico ham and the lite meal with assorted Spanish cold cuts. The offerings are "Spanish" just as flights ex CDG periodically offer a foie gras appetizer. Consistent with the region and dietary/religious preferences, pork products are not offered to/from TLV/DXB/BOM/DEL.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I do this run often & it's simply the current rotation. I'm guessing it's the rotation with prosciutto/iberico ham and the lite meal with assorted Spanish cold cuts. The offerings are "Spanish" just as flights ex CDG periodically offer a foie gras appetizer. Consistent with the region and dietary/religious preferences, pork products are not offered to/from TLV/DXB/BOM/DEL.
the main meal isnt a problem as there are non pork options, the snack has 1 option. the issue is not giving customers any choice.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:08 pm

AC 15 YYZ-HKG September 2017

September 2017
Air Canada Business Class
AC 15 Toronto to Hong Kong

Lunch
Lunch will be served shortly after takeoff

Express Light option
As a quicker lighter option, enjoy your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit – presented all at once, soon after take-off.

Dine Anytime
Should you wish more time to work or sleep, enjoy your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, later during the flight. Please inform your flight attendant prior to takeoff.

Appetizer
*Poached tiger prawns, marinated artichokes, roasted fennel, red pepper vinaigrette

Salad
Mixed greens, grape tomatoes, vinaigrette

Main Course
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads

Stir-fried beef, mushrooms, jasmine rice, bok choy, carrots
#Rustic roasted cod, lemon herb sauce, vegetable quinoa, green beans
*Grilled eggplant and zucchini lasagna, mozzarella, tomato, basil breadcrumbs

Grilled AAA beef tenderloin, Cabernet peppercorn sauce, Yukon gold potatoes, asparagus

Selection of Cheese and Dessert
Oka, Camembert, medium Cheddar, crackers
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

*Dark chocolate fondant, hazelnut praline, field berry citrus compote

Ice Cream

*Hawksworth Signature Dish
#Air Canada NutriCuisine

At Any Moment
Choose one or many of the following light snack options, simply ask your flight attendant between meal services

Hot noodle soup, shrimp and pork wonton, gai-lan
Hot Snack – Chili lime garlic chicken skewer
#Tabouli salad, grilled zucchini, peppers
Dim Sum Selection of siu mai, har gau, spinach and shrimp dumpling
Ice Cream

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

Brunch
Please note that brunch will be served approximately 75 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

Fresh Orange Juice

#Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Yogurt

Croissants, multi-grain rolls, blueberry muffins, butter, preserves

Main Course
Parsley Omelette, chicken sausage, roasted red skin potatoes, red pepper relish, cottage cheese

Chinese style rice congee, chicken julienne, green onion, ginger

Chicken fried rice

#Air Canada NutriCuisine

260C004-3 NJHMCGP-NJMSNE4-NJHSHE2-NJHBC 09/17

Wine List
Champagne
Champagne Drappier, Carte d’Or Brut, Reims, France

White Wines
Vineland Estates Select, Niagara Peninsula, Canada
Quinta de Saes Reserve, Dao, Portugal

Red Wines
Pittnauer Pitti, Burgenland, Austria
Barbarians Gualtallary Malbec, Valle De Uco, Argentina
Gerard Bertrand Corbieres, Languedoc, France

Port
Dow’s Port, Portugal
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gabdusch
AC870 YUL-CDG August 2017 menu and wine list
From memory, I think we had that same menu on our NRT-YVR flight on Sept 11. I had the beef which was half-decent, especially compared to BA's horribly overcooked meat. this was done medium and was moist although not the most tender piece of meat i've ever had.

The Languedoc wine went quite well with it and i'm going to go pick up a bottle to see how it tastes as sea level.

Our crew was absolutely fantastic which makes it three in a row for long haul business class on the 787 800/900.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
From memory, I think we had that same menu on our NRT-YVR flight on Sept 11. I had the beef which was half-decent, especially compared to BA's horribly overcooked meat. this was done medium and was moist although not the most tender piece of meat i've ever had.

The Languedoc wine went quite well with it and i'm going to go pick up a bottle to see how it tastes as sea level.

Our crew was absolutely fantastic which makes it three in a row for long haul business class on the 787 800/900.
TATL and TPAC menus are not the same... are you just referring to a specific part of the menu like the wine list?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
TATL and TPAC menus are not the same... are you just referring to a specific part of the menu like the wine list?
+1.

Also, food menu NRT-YVR will definitely be different from YUL-CDG as no Hawksworth dishes catered ex-NRT (or any other international station) yet.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
TPAC Differences (vs TATL)

>Regional speciality replaces Pasta/Veg Dinner Option
(e.g.) Bibimbap on ICN flights

>Cheese/Dessert/Fruit Presentation full trays versus pre-plated + ice cream
>Mid Flight Snacks
>3 options including 1 regional specialty for Breakfast (e.g) Congee + 1 Brunch option (e.g) Chicken Stir Fry or various Dim Sum

P.S. - Have noticed that NRT/HND & ICN do beef particularly well.

>Wine List consistent for all International flights and rotates quarterly
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone have the menu for YYZ-BOM in J ?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Those salads of mixed greens, grape tomatoes, and vinaigrette are a disgrace. Can't they come up with something better than that? Add a few red onions slices, carrot sections or something. And while they are at it, how about a few better salad dressings. I nominate Blue Cheese style.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gabdusch
+1.

Also, food menu NRT-YVR will definitely be different from YUL-CDG as no Hawksworth dishes catered ex-NRT (or any other international station) yet.
ah, okay. didn't realize those points. thanks for letting me know. I just saw a few things that I thought I recognized like the beef, chicken, and some of the wines.

my comments about the beef and the languedoc wine still stand though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapleg
Those salads of mixed greens, grape tomatoes, and vinaigrette are a disgrace. Can't they come up with something better than that? Add a few red onions slices, carrot sections or something. And while they are at it, how about a few better salad dressings. I nominate Blue Cheese style.
I am all for red onion, but typically you won't find onion in hotel/restaurant/airlines dishes.

As for dressings, surely the vinaigrette that's provided is way better thsn these commercial blue cheese dressings.

We do a blue cheese dressing at home with Belgian endives. With real roquefort. I seriously doubt that the blue cheese dressing crowd would go for it...

But anyway, I would stick to a decent balsamic vinaigrette for most salads.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mapleg
Agreed. They should at least put the current transcon long haul appetizers onto international to replace the sad salad.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Had the salmon on AC825 (AMS-YYZ) on 9/23. I don't compliment AC catering often, but this was probably the best salmon I've had on a plane: moist, not too fatty, not overwhelmed by some creamy sauce (it was served with a tomato coulis and wheatberry risotto). I pretty much always go for fish on AC flights since the chicken is usually dark meat; this one definitely stood out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.