Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The Lev
Has anyone tried the Hawksworth vegetarian lasagna that is currently on offer? I couldn't bring myself to do it, so just had the overcooked beef with not overcooked asparagus.
My colleague had the dish last nights flight and it was mushy. It was the only vegetarian option on the flight, so he had no choice. I went with the rubber steak, as I needed my protein
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
Icn-yvr 7/23

The 1st meal, by the time my order was taken, the fish option was gone, so I had the chicken.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bescobar
The 1st meal, by the time my order was taken, the fish option was gone, so I had the chicken.
Where's the chicken? All I see is sauce.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by bescobar
Thanks for posting.

By tge way what's the drink you ordered?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The Green Herb Bandit Has Returned

I couldn't think of another name, so bandit it is.

On AC 6, I was served the hot meal and it was overwhelmed with green "confetti"....the SAME green confetti that I last saw on AC 4 two years ago. That was my first encounter with the Green Herb Bandit. I looked at my beautiful salmon meal and wondered what they were thinking in the galley.

Well, I see they have returned.

I have no idea if the 2 flights had the same galley FA and I doubt it, but really, maybe there are 2 of them out there.

I'm posting this before I post the meal photos for AC 6.

And yes, to those of you who roll eyes at what we all know is a FWP, no need to post such. I am well aware but I also know this is a silly way to serve a meal and that's why I am posting the photos.

Photos: Beef from recent AC 6, then salmon from AC 4 (2015)

Attached Images   
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I couldn't think of another name, so bandit it is.

On AC 6, I was served the hot meal and it was overwhelmed with green "confetti"....the SAME green confetti that I last saw on AC 4 two years ago. That was my first encounter with the Green Herb Bandit. I looked at my beautiful salmon meal and wondered what they were thinking in the galley.
That's a lot of green. Hopefully it was mild and didn't affect the taste of the meal.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:23 am

AC 3 YVR-NRT July 2017

Since this beef and peppercorn sauce was on the menu, again, I asked him if it was possible to have it less well done. He asked if I’d like medium. I said great, thank you.

As a reminder of what dried-out-overdone beef and peppercorn sauce looks like, see my post 1618.

As you can see here, this beef meal was a vast improvement.
I did not know that it was (remotely) possible to make that request. I will attempt that request the next time I consider ordering beef on a non-Hawksworth TPAC/TATL meal.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
That's a lot of green. Hopefully it was mild and didn't affect the taste of the meal.
I dealt with the excessive green confetti differently on these 2 flights, and I did not eat it.

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I did not know that it was (remotely) possible to make that request. I will attempt that request the next time I consider ordering beef on a non-Hawksworth TPAC/TATL meal.
I did not know one could ask but a while back when the topic of beef meals was discussed on the forum, someone mentioned they asked for rare or medium-rare and were quite pleased with the result.

Considering I've had the same 2 beef meals offered on most of the last series of TPACs, and a previous experience was posted recently, I figured I had nothing to lose but ask the question.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:00 pm

I dealt with the excessive green confetti differently on these 2 flights, and I did not eat it.
I guess one could always sweep the confetti off to the side. Or just not eat the meal all together.

I did not know one could ask but a while back when the topic of beef meals was discussed on the forum, someone mentioned they asked for rare or medium-rare and were quite pleased with the result.

Considering I've had the same 2 beef meals offered on most of the last series of TPACs, and a previous experience was posted recently, I figured I had nothing to lose but ask the question.
Good to know. I'll give the request a try as well in Aug.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by The Lev
Has anyone tried the Hawksworth vegetarian lasagna that is currently on offer? I couldn't bring myself to do it, so just had the overcooked beef with not overcooked asparagus.
Absolutely delicious!! Warning. I LOVE lasagna much like Garfield!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Here's 34 from today
Attached Images  
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Here's 34 from today
How about the pre-landing meal?

That a la carte offering seems to be smaller than in the past for an ultra long TPAC.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
How about the pre-landing meal?

That a la carte offering seems to be smaller than in the past for an ultra long TPAC.
I didn't take a photo but it was

Mushroom omelet
Apple crepes
Pesto pasta chicken

I am happy to report through that 33's meal service out of YVR is slightly more accelerated than it used to be .

Still full meal but they cut the time down to get some extra sleep

Nice change , like it used to be , before they changed it again

Although, they stopped putting self serve snacks in the mid galley. You have to go to the front for fruit, etc
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcohen999
....Although, they stopped putting self serve snacks in the mid galley. You have to go to the front for fruit, etc
Upthread, I posted photos of mid-galley snack displays from some AC15s

Then I noticed that some of my TPACs no longer had snacks in the mid-galley or in front of the mini-J.

I asked the SDs and the answer I was given: "people from the back were coming up and taking them".
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:59 am
Suspended

AC 6 HND-YYZ July 2017

MENUS

Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.