Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 3 YVR-NRT June 2017

Some food photos.

I didn't want any of the main courses so I opted for The "Express Light Option". I mentioned to the Galley FA that I don't eat tuna so she prepared a very nice meal plate without it.

I find those mixed greens in the salad to be bitter.

I'll assume that despite AC knowing that their cheese selection has no taste, the have no intention of changing it.

For the light meal prior to arrival, I've had a couple of decent ones over the years on this route, but this chicken and seasoned rice was disgusting. The "chicken" was mostly skin and fat and the rice had no taste whatsoever. It could have been a paper cup.

The fruit was fine but as usual, the melons were not ripe.

NOTE: AC has found something else to save some money on - they no longer serve the little box of Lindor chocolates with the light meal.

Attached Images        
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I can see the fat on the chicken in your photo. Ugh. I was served something equally unappetizing (very fatty chicken, likely thigh meat) on a TATL this month. Cheese had zero taste and dried out. Fresh raspberries were edible. Depressing.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:39 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
FCO to YYZ yesterday. Barramundi was on the list but advised Ms. Boh not to try it based on some earlier FT reviews. Did take a look at it when they were serving and it was very sketchy looking (and smelling). Even the FAs didn't try to defend it.

Can't recall who the OP was but thanks for the heads up. Still a dish to avoid IMHO.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
FCO to YYZ yesterday. Barramundi was on the list but advised Ms. Boh not to try it based on some earlier FT reviews. Did take a look at it when they were serving and it was very sketchy looking (and smelling). Even the FAs didn't try to defend it.

Can't recall who the OP was but thanks for the heads up. Still a dish to avoid IMHO.
Was me.

Incidentally having looked at translation of the name of a fish served on GRU-YYZ, which was clearly incorrect, I strongly suspect the same occurs with the barramundi. There is no way they would serve a fish imported from Australia out of Europe.

Must be some more or less local fish that someone made up an inaccurate translation for. And no one checks and no one cares.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:53 pm
Suspended

AC 4 NRT-YVR June 2017

PART 1

Menu and food photos. The drinks pages are the same as in post 1605 from AC 3.

Attached Images           
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:54 pm
Suspended

AC 4 NRT-YVR June 2017

PART 2

Attached Images       
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
@24L

How did you get them to refill nuts that weren't 100% almonds? On all of my recent flights, my refills have ended up being all almonds.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
@24L

How did you get them to refill nuts that weren't 100% almonds? On all of my recent flights, my refills have ended up being all almonds.
On my recent flights, my initial serving has been 95% almonds. Quite disappointing.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AC E75K
I prefer almonds to cashews.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by capedreamer
I prefer almonds to cashews.
Team Cashew here.

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
@24L

Magic!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 4 NRT-YVR June 2017

PART 1

Menu and food photos. The drinks pages are the same as in post 1605 from AC 3.

Wow. How did you manage to get asparagus that were still green rather than the standard AC brown?

And of course the meat may well still have been somewhat pink too I would guess.

Minor miracle...

Maybe you were seated in the first row so the meal did not sit in the oven as they were serving people in front of you?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Wow. How did you manage to get asparagus that were still green rather than the standard AC brown?

And of course the meat may well still have been somewhat pink too I would guess.

Minor miracle...

Maybe you were seated in the first row so the meal did not sit in the oven as they were serving people in front of you?
I was in 4A if you read my thread with the water cannon celebration on arrival at YVR the other day.

Galley FA was fantastic. SD was awesome, cabin crew ran like a finely tuned team.

And yes, veggies were crisp and perfect, meat and sauce were very tasty and yes, some pink inside and bonus - could be cut easily and thus success. I was lucky. Not all flights have such well organized teams and service.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:13 pm
Suspended

AC 3 YVR-NRT July 2017

July started a new menu and new wines. If I have time, I'll take photos of the menus.

Yes, that's ice in the champagne because it was warm. I liked the photo of the sun reflecting off the ice cubes though.

I don't drink the wines, but took photos of theses bottles.

I don't eat shellfish, but I took a photo of the appetizer anyway.

Same dessert cake but I liked the change to the hazelnut praline, sun-dried cherry compote. Much tastier than the previous versions.

Did not eat the light meal prior to arrival. None of it was appealing (especially based on the experience of the June AC 3 posted just above)

And yes, AC took away the nice little box of Lindor chocolate that used to come on the tray with the light meal.

Attached Images           
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:37 pm
Suspended

AC 4 NRT-YVR July 2017

Part 1

Very happy to see lime slices on this flight. Such a treat.

I don't eat duck but took a photo anyway.

The rough cabbage salad never goes away.

I like the chocolate raspberry cake.

I enjoyed the views out the window, and beautiful departure from NRT.

Attached Images           
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:41 pm
Suspended

AC 4 NRT-YVR July 2017

Part 2

The hot options did not appeal to me - chive omelette, potatoes, chicken sausage etc, or pork cutlet,scrambled egg, steamed rice

Took a close-up for the raisin bread roll. Tasty when warm. Love the Hokkaido yogurt.

Attached Images    

Last edited by 24left; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.