Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Is the salmon/shrimp/fish that is served on Air Canada (for international, transborder and domestic business class) wild or farmed?

Since salmon/shrimp/fish is used more often on the international product, I decided to post in this thread.

Last edited by longtimeflyin; Apr 7, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Is the salmon/shrimp/fish that is served on Air Canada (for international, transborder and domestic business class) wild or farmed?

Since salmon/shrimp/fish is used more often on the international product, I decided to post in this thread.
Someone posted once that the salmon is farmed (... because AC is not out there catching their own fish )
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Someone posted once that the salmon is farmed (... because AC is not out there catching their own fish )
Maybe the salmon is the "Frankenfish" from PEI?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
You are being too nice.

Obviously it's farmed. Reason being, farmed is cheap. Maybe not fresh is cheaper too?

As to Frankenfish, perhaps a bit too early but I see it coming.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:56 am

Considering much of the caviar served in international first class carriers actually is imported from China, it shouldn't be too surprising that airlines will go after the cheapest version of "premium sounding" food. We might see filet o fish if fresh fish prices rise any further.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I had a tandoori chicken with basmati rice dish in Premium Rouge YYZ-MCO last week. Hands down the best dish i have ever tasted on AC (and I am not one to give out this compliment easily).

While it wasnt hot, it did have all the right other spices. The chicken was tender and didnt have the microwaved chicken smell. and the rice was mostly soft, no hidden surprise bullets.

on Rouge. better than AC mainline.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by karachi
I had a tandoori chicken with basmati rice dish in Premium Rouge YYZ-MCO last week. Hands down the best dish i have ever tasted on AC (and I am not one to give out this compliment easily).

While it wasnt hot, it did have all the right other spices. The chicken was tender and didnt have the microwaved chicken smell. and the rice was mostly soft, no hidden surprise bullets.

on Rouge. better than AC mainline.
Sounds very similar to my Jan 1 LHR-YYZ meal that was the second best dish I've ever had on any flight (and I've flown CX/SQ/LH/LX/UA/NH/OZ F).
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I vaguely recall having that last year and concur. Right up there with a chicken tikka they hadvwhen they first introduced bistro cuisine. If AC is monitoring, it could be really helpful to keep track of the more highly regarded dushescand keep them on the menu. Imagine, happy pax.

I hope it's still on for my upcoming flights.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:49 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
The Hawksworth signature dish has changed to duck - one of the best meals I have had in AC.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ABW
The Hawksworth signature dish has changed to duck - one of the best meals I have had in AC.
Cool - love duck. Is it duck breast (magret) cooked pink or is it duck confit?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Full post below

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Apr 8, 2017 at 7:07 pm Reason: dupe
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ABW
I'm going to agree with you on this one. While Duck may not be everybody's thing, Customers were very complementary on my recent YYZ-Asia flight on this recent addition. Must admit, I loved the dish. There is also a hot Chicken Parmigiana ciabatta sandwich which equally generated very positive reviews.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I'm going to agree with you on this one. While Duck may not be everybody's thing, Customers were very complementary on my recent YYZ-Asia flight on this recent addition. Must admit, I loved the dish. There is also a hot Chicken Parmigiana ciabatta sandwich which equally generated very positive reviews.
I also agree! But I'm not sure yet if it's because it's a great dish or it's just nice to finally have something different to choose on the flights.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ABW
I'm a sucker for duck and this is very nice indeed. The FA who recommended it was positively gushing. Next time I see him, I'll let Chef know.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: TK *G
Finally something other than beef/chicken/fish, or pork.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.