Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
FCO to YYZ
AC 891
June 7, 2017
Attached Images     
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ABW
The Hawksworth signature dish has changed to duck - one of the best meals I have had in AC.
Anyone know if duck is still the Hawksworth dish for June? I was thinking they switch up the Hawksworth dish quarterly but wasn't sure.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:59 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by gcashin
Anyone know if duck is still the Hawksworth dish for June? I was thinking they switch up the Hawksworth dish quarterly but wasn't sure.
I was on AC 9 yesterday and had the duck, it was good.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by gcashin
15 more days to enjoy the Duck. Menu transitions on July 1st and Hawksworth featured dish will be the Pasta. Wines also cutover on that day (Outbound from Canada).
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I had the duck on a trip last month YYC-FRA but it was a bit dried out. Sauce was great and I give good marks for trying. Be nice to get more consistency in moisture content of protein portions of meals. Hopefully new ovens could make a difference.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I had the duck on a trip last month YYC-FRA but it was a bit dried out. Sauce was great and I give good marks for trying. Be nice to get more consistency in moisture content of protein portions of meals. Hopefully new ovens could make a difference.
My guess is that this has nothing to do with catering, but with crew being overworked. So they load the oven, and then they get stuff and bring meals to passengers, without having the luxury of taking care of how long the food stays in the oven. And this is true not just of the duck but all dishes.

I had a duck that was not too dry a while back; even so, I did not like it all that much (but eh, other dishes may well have been worse). More recently my wife complained also that it was way too dry.

Then they come up with a survey and they ask about food being of restaurant quality... Which planet do they live on?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
15 more days to enjoy the Duck. Menu transitions on July 1st and Hawksworth featured dish will be the Pasta. Wines also cutover on that day (Outbound from Canada).
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Thanks for the info and the reviews!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC007 June 2017 YVR-HKG

Appetizer: H Seared ahi tuna, black beans, blistered tomato, harissa aïoli
Name:  IMG_4102.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  97.6 KB

Main Course: H Hoisin glazed duck, ginger fried rice, spring radish, scallion, sesame
Name:  IMG_4105.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  143.6 KB
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC007 June 2017 YVR-HKG Menu

Name:  IMG_4412.JPG
Views: 1591
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4413.JPG
Views: 1549
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4414.JPG
Views: 1579
Size:  107.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4415.JPG
Views: 1544
Size:  68.1 KB
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recently on AC91, GRU-YYZ, both my wife and I had the fish.

First, names. Fish was actually a (common) snook. A pretty good fish. However menu both in English and French had it as sea bass. Which is a very different fish. The fish looked nice, with shitake mushroom and some pureed like think which I liked. But why do they have to rename fishes to what they are not when the fish actually has a pretty common English name?

I thought mine was only somewhat overreheated but still reasonably edible. Shitake was good.Actually enjoyed it enough to finish it. However my wife thought hers was absolutely awful, way too dry. Left it untouched. And so did her her neighbours.

My guess continues being that understaffing results in crews filling the oven once and for all and then serve by row. So that, sitting far in front, mine was not too bad (for once) while my wife's just one row further down was laready inedible.

I believe if properly served that fish would have been quite nice.
Actually looked quite good, apart from gree pepper looking brown. But alas, with overworked crews, it's pointless. What a waste, sad really.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
I had the duck last month. It was really good.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Stranger
Recently on AC91, GRU-YYZ, both my wife and I had the fish.

First, names. Fish was actually a (common) snook. A pretty good fish. However menu both in English and French had it as sea bass. Which is a very different fish. The fish looked nice, with shitake mushroom and some pureed like think which I liked. But why do they have to rename fishes to what they are not when the fish actually has a pretty common English name?
Marketing. + Air Canada has no choice to try and dress up their offering which is mediocre at best.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:58 pm

AC 11 YVR-TPE June 2017

June 2017
Air Canada Business Class
AC 11 Vancouver to Taipei

Lunch
Lunch will be served shortly after takeoff

Express Light option
As a quicker lighter option, enjoy your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit – presented all at once, soon after take-off.
Dine Anytime
Should you wish more time to work or sleep, enjoy your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, later during the flight. Please inform your flight attendant prior to takeoff.

Appetizer
*Seared ahi tuna, black beans, blistered tomato, harissa aioli

Salad
Mixed greens, grape tomatoes, vinaigrette

Main Course
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads
Stir-fried beef, mushrooms, jasmine rice, bok choy, carrots
*Hoisin glazed duck, ginger fried rice, spring radish, scallion, sesame

#Rustic roasted cod, lemon herb sauce, vegetable quinoa, green beans
Grilled AAA beef tenderloin, Cabernet peppercorn sauce, Yukon gold potatoes, asparagus

Selection of Cheese and Dessert
Oka, Camembert, medium Cheddar, crackers

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

*Dark chocolate fondant, hazelnut praline, field berry citrus compote

Ice Cream

*Hawksworth Signature Dish

#Air Canada NutriCuisine

At Any Moment
Choose one or many of the following light snack options, simply ask your flight attendant between meal services

Hot noodle soup, shrimp and pork wonton, gai-lan
Hot Snack – Chili lime garlic chicken skewer
#Tabouli salad, grilled zucchini, peppers
Dim Sum Selection of siu mai, har gau, spinach and shrimp dumpling
Ice Cream

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

Light Meal
A light meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

#Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Main Course
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads

Chicken fried rice

Chicken, herb sauce, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, red pepper
Burrata di Puglia ravioli, sun-dried tomato virgin olive oil

#Air Canada NutriCuisine

260C011-3 NJHMCGP-NJMSNE-NJFSNEHD-NJHLMHEHD 06/17

Wine List
Champagne
Champagne Drappier, Carte d’Or Brut, Reims, France

White Wines
Vineland Estates Select, Niagara Peninsula, Canada
Jurtschitsch Gruner Veltliner Terrassen, Kamptal, Austria

Red Wines
Vini Be Good Les Athletes du Vin Pinot Noir, Touraine, France
Voplaia Citto Toscana, Italy
Masroig Rojalet Seleccio, Montsant, Spain

Port
Dow’s Port, Portugal

PS; Just saw the AC 7 Posting above. Basically AC served the same food on YVR to HKG and YVR to TPE flights. No surprise here! The Hoisin Duck is really good and the dark chocolate torte is the highlight of the meal!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
@Carfield.
Carfield.

Thanks for taking the time to type up all that and for posting all those great photos.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 3 YVR-NRT June 2017

Menu

Attached Images        

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.