Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
The tongs is for the fruit only; there's a separate spatula that's used for the cake. The tongs is too small to pick up the cheesecake and it will mush it up too so don't think you have to worry about that. Just to be extra safe, can I suggest you mention this to the Service Director and I am sure he/she would be happy to put some aside for you before the cake and the fruit goes on the trolley just in case.What flights do you mostly take? We have chips as mid flight snacks on all International flights so I think it's a fair request for them to accommodate!
Who would have thought that the subject potato chips could convert me from lurker to poster ?

I love potato chips.

Why is it that on long haul trans continental flights I've seen a HUGE bag full of packages of potato chips and chocolate bars and am encouraged to take more than one bag but on overseas flights I get the stink eye from the crew if I take 2 bags of chips on a 13 hour flight ? Did I mention I love chips ?

I've even been dressed down by crew for taking them, having been explained to me that they only board 8 bags for 42 passengers. But you'll board 25 for 14 passengers on a 319. The kicker is often see the pilots grabbing chips and the fa doesn't ( maybe can't ) say anything to them.

I just bring my own chips now. I don't need to be scolded by the crew.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Chips, chips, chips

Originally Posted by abrandnewcar
Who would have thought that the subject potato chips could convert me from lurker to poster ?

I love potato chips.

Why is it that on long haul trans continental flights I've seen a HUGE bag full of packages of potato chips and chocolate bars and am encouraged to take more than one bag but on overseas flights I get the stink eye from the crew if I take 2 bags of chips on a 13 hour flight ? Did I mention I love chips ?

I've even been dressed down by crew for taking them, having been explained to me that they only board 8 bags for 42 passengers. But you'll board 25 for 14 passengers on a 319. The kicker is often see the pilots grabbing chips and the fa doesn't ( maybe can't ) say anything to them.

Aw. Not nice. I'll share my chips. There's an FA on my regular LAX route who seems to like me and drops them into my lap. I can be charming when treats are involved.

Welcome to FT

Last edited by 24left; Oct 7, 2014 at 10:13 pm Reason: addition
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by abrandnewcar

I love potato chips.

Welcome to FT! If I were you, I'd PM Andrew Yiu with the specific details of the flight. Don't think anyone should be subject to that kind of treatment
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
The Campbell's instant soup noodle thing? That exists, or starve. I have a dairy allergy, if I didn't preorder a meal or was upgraded at the gate, too bad for me. Life moves on.
The instant noodles make a good hot snack anytime.... and sometimes even a meal replacement.

They need to stock that on the YYZ-ORD and all other short haul flights.

Many asian airlines offer cup noodles which is always a fantastic way to satisfy that sodium craving in the middle of a long flight.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:11 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by theseatbelt
The instant noodles make a good hot snack anytime.... and sometimes even a meal replacement.

Many asian airlines offer cup noodles which is always a fantastic way to satisfy that sodium craving in the middle of a long flight.
Instant noodles are OK, and yes, they should stock more.

But nothing sets you right more that a good soup after or near the end of a long flight. ANA has a noodle/miso soup in J. For a guy who doesn't sleep on planes, it was godsend an hour before landing at NRT.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by theseatbelt

I actually quite prefer the previous Nissin instant noodles. I've had the current Campbell one and those NEVER cook properly on a plane and I'm stuck with undercooked noodles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
One of my most memorable mid-flight meals was getting Nissin noodles with some guy lan and wonton from YYZ-HKG.

Originally Posted by maradori
I actually quite prefer the previous Nissin instant noodles. I've had the current Campbell one and those NEVER cook properly on a plane and I'm stuck with undercooked noodles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
On my flight earlier this week from MUC - YYZ I noticed that the FA's set out the cheese in the galley to warm up before they served the meal. Not sure if this is new policy or just independent initiative, but nice to get cheese at room temperature after the main course rather than stone cold.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Just operated my first Asia flight with the upgraded meal concept. Definite move up in terms of quality and presentation, and Customers impressed. ^

High marks for the marble cheesecake and the very fresh - fresh fruit.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Just operated my first Asia flight with the upgraded meal concept. Definite move up in terms of quality and presentation, and Customers impressed. ^

High marks for the marble cheesecake and the very fresh - fresh fruit.
Good to hear.^
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Flying on AC005 a few days ago, I chose the new pre-landing e-fu noodle dish and it was great. ^
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
One of my most memorable mid-flight meals was getting Nissin noodles with some guy lan and wonton from YYZ-HKG.
Although it is simply instant noodles, there is something "comfort food" about them. I sometimes opt out of my meal and ask to have the noodles and dim sum instead!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Absolutely - it was a need to have right then and there type of snack craving.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Although it is simply instant noodles, there is something "comfort food" about them. I sometimes opt out of my meal and ask to have the noodles and dim sum instead!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Always have time for these on AC7/8. Oddly good.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:30 am
yrp

Garlic in meals

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my parents may be travelling shortly YYZ-LHR in J.

My mother is allergic to garlic (part vampire?). Is there any special meal option to avoid garlic, or is there any way to find out what meal choices on board contain garlic?

Can she ask for no dressing/sauce on things like the salad or entrees -- not sure if these are pre-prepared or sauced on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.