Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by agjil
I think the breakfast pre-order card for TATL flights is a nice change, however I wish there were more warm/hot entree choices other than the quiche.
Or maybe there are other choices, but I just had bad luck with routes/dates?
I kind of wish there would be an egg dish option, like omelettes or scrambled eggs.
At least they added the quiche for hot items! But yes, I agree - would like to see more hot items to choose from. Also, is it me, or does it seem a bit tacky to have the single slab quiche smacked onto a plate like that. I dunno... just seems tacky. But whatever.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes, that cappuccino cake. Somehow, it didn't interest me. Again.
A few minutes later, an FA shows up with the chocolate lava cake. Apparently there was a spare . Waaaay better.

Maybe it's the camera, maybe it's when the cake was served, but .......... the cake looks better on rouge
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by maradori
Maybe it's the camera, maybe it's when the cake was served, but .......... the cake looks better on rouge
It was also the lighting. I had the windows tinted somewhat due to the bright sun crossing the Pacific (this cake was from the YYZ-HND flight).

Here is the same cake, but YVR-HNL
(I can't control cabin lighting)

Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:21 am

Talking

After seeing all the delicious pictures of the appetizers, main course, cheese/cappuccino, & light meals, I am now very much excited for my YYZ-PEK-YYZ flights in February!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE
I found the recent dessert offerings for LHR-YYC to be a bit disappointing.

Choices were:
Chocolate and vanilla ice cream (3 small scoops - no toppings or anything else); or
Sliced fresh Fruit

At least the domestic PLH flights have cookie AND ice cream, and even UA's sundae bar would have been an upgrade. Hope this was just a one-off and not a regular rotation. The cake options in the other pics look much better than a couple scoops of basic grocery store quality ice cream.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wish AC would get rid of those stupid J westbound afternoon TATL brunch sandwiches. They should have obliterated it from all menus with the new offerings announcement.
If you're talking about the finger sandwiches on flights departing LHR - they did along with the scones a while back and the clotted cream hit the fan. They were reinstated based on Customer feedback.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by gcashin
I found the recent dessert offerings for LHR-YYC to be a bit disappointing.

Choices were:
Chocolate and vanilla ice cream (3 small scoops - no toppings or anything else); or
Sliced fresh Fruit

At least the domestic PLH flights have cookie AND ice cream, and even UA's sundae bar would have been an upgrade. Hope this was just a one-off and not a regular rotation. The cake options in the other pics look much better than a couple scoops of basic grocery store quality ice cream.
Had ice cream out of MUC a few weeks ago and was surprised. Ice cream is usually a summer rotation.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
If you're talking about the finger sandwiches on flights departing LHR - they did along with the scones a while back and the clotted cream hit the fan. They were reinstated based on Customer feedback.
How/where can we give said feedback?

Also,what kind of feedback can I give to make the FAs life better?

What do customers do that makes you want to go "beyond" for them?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

AC3

Did not eat the appetizer.

The potato au gratin was excellent as were the perfect vegetables.

I chose the berries. Excellent. The pax across the aisle chose the "sticky toffee apple cranberry cake with whipped cream" and said it was great.

AC4

Thought I'd try the champagne this time. Very nice.

Salad and baguette were excellent (and the usual great New Zealand butter)

Did not eat the appetizer.

Main course: underwhelming. No idea about the other choices.

Thankfully !!!!!! The dessert MORE than made up for the main course.

Outstanding chocolate fondant

The croissant and orange muffin were fantastic.

Cheese omelette was very nice. Did not eat the other items on plate.

Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Champagne is the new norm??
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

SparseFlyer and Flyerette suggested the champagne. Worked. Had just enough to make the cashews look interesting, not enough to fall down.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
SparseFlyer and Flyerette suggested the champagne. Worked. Had just enough to make the cashews look interesting, not enough to fall down.
Wow. Very classy AC ^ A step in the right direction!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Carte D'or Champagne on AC is getting a little long in the tooth....over 9 years + they are serving a cheap SAQ $46.00 bottle of fizz.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2MMKid
Carte D'or Champagne on AC is getting a little long in the tooth....over 9 years + they are serving a cheap SAQ $46.00 bottle of fizz.
Whoa wait. So it's not champagne? Champagne has a very specific definition. It should come from the Champagne region of France. So it's just fizzy wine on AC?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:29 pm
Flying Blue Director

Whoa wait. So it's not champagne? Champagne has a very specific definition. It should come from the Champagne region of France. So it's just fizzy wine on AC?
We serve Drappier champagne, rest assured

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.