Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What drives Air Canada's stock price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What drives Air Canada's stock price?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So I bought AC stock just after their earnings and have now earned an unrealized gain of 4% in two days. Sell or hold?
This question can only be correctly answered in the future. But it has a 50% chance of being correctly guessed now
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: *$ Green
So I bought AC stock just after their earnings and have now earned an unrealized gain of 4% in two days. Sell or hold?
Heads or tails?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
That really depends on what kind of investor you are.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

Taxable or not?

4% of a large investment is different than 4% of a small one. In other words, is this a significant amount that would lead to a big tax hit?

Did you have a price target before you purchased the stock? I guess not since you're asking here...but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Heads or tails?
It's all tails.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:58 pm

Sold some at $14 today (nice recovery from $13.06 low after ER, I added some at $13.4)

From ‘burning platform’ to ‘global champion’: Calin Rovinescu on Air Canada’s turnaround - Article - BNN
http://www.bnn.ca/from-burning-platf...round-1.679289
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:57 am

if in doubt, do half.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
if in doubt, do half.
Get half married if in doubt.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
Get half married if in doubt.
if you can talk him/her into being married 3.5 days a week, and single 3.5 days a week, and that's what you want, then more power to you!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
My neighbour lives 2.5 hrs drive from his wife of 45 years. There's history there. Told me yesterday he spends alternate weekends with her and the children/grandchildren. Family dinner, etc. She sometimes stays with him. Says it works great. Who is to say?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
if you can talk him/her into being married 3.5 days a week, and single 3.5 days a week, and that's what you want, then more power to you!
If I only need to share half of my assets and assumes half of the liabilities should a divorce happen, then that's great
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
To answer the original question: Profit.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://business.financialpost.com/in...ued-td-analyst

Air Canada extremely undervalued – TD analyst
Old May 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I must say at $10.58 per share (US) the price is good when you look at the size of the operation and we are coming up to summer (peak) season.

The downside is they have declared bankruptcy before, Trump could enact some random legislation that effects AC, airlines as a group have been poor investments.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
If the White House makes the expected announcement on US EU flights tomorrow I can see the price shooting up fairly quickly.

Unless of course the potential of that announcement has already been factored in. If I could go back in time even a couple of years I'd be flying F for the rest of my life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.