Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What drives Air Canada's stock price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What drives Air Canada's stock price?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:38 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Is Air Canada's foreign ownership maxed out?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Gold
If you buy Air Canada or any other airline stock right now, then make sure you take your profits off the table or you could lose all of your gains as well as a part of your initial investment.

What grade level are they trying to reach here? Grade 8?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:20 pm

Air Canada Stock Outperforms all North American Airline Peers in 2016

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/air-ca...195300598.html

MONTREAL, Jan. 3, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada provided a review of 2016 highlights as it prepares to celebrate its 80th anniversary year in 2017.

"We had a highly satisfying year in 2016 on many fronts and at the start of this new year, in which we celebrate both Air Canada's 80th anniversary and Canada's 150th, I would like to thank our loyal customers, dedicated employees and invaluable business partners who have helped us achieve it," said Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...609563155.html

MONTREAL, Jan. 3, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada provided a review of 2016 highlights as it prepares to celebrate its 80th anniversary year in 2017.

"We had a highly satisfying year in 2016 on many fronts and at the start of this new year, in which we celebrate both Air Canada's 80th anniversary and Canada's 150th, I would like to thank our loyal customers, dedicated employees and invaluable business partners who have helped us achieve it," said Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive Officer.

"We produced record EBITDAR financial results during each of the first three quarters of 2016 on which we have reported.

"We significantly increased our global footprint with the launch of 28 new routes including 15 new international and 12 U.S. trans-border routes. With new service to Morocco, we joined the elite club of global carriers serving all six continents.

"We created 1,500 new high quality jobs in Canada between our mainline, rouge and Express services, with Air Canada now employing approximately 30,000 people.

"We generated greater customer engagement, serving approximately 45 million people on our expanded network.

"We won many awards, including being named the fastest growing brand among Canada's largest companies and being recognized by Skytrax as the only Four Star international network carrier in North America. We were also named among Canada's Top 100 Employers for a fourth year in a row.

"We invested significantly in our fleet and product, taking delivery of nine new Boeing 787 Dreamliners in 2016 with nine more planned for 2017, reconfiguring our entire Boeing 777 fleet with our state-of-the-art Dreamliner cabin configuration and inflight entertainment systems, and completing our milestone order for up to 75 Bombardier C Series aircraft.

"Shareholders took note as well. Our common shares returned nearly 34 per cent over the year, outperforming all of our North American airline peers, the Dow Jones U.S. Airlines Index and the S&P/TSX Composite Index.

"Our appreciation is extended to all of our stakeholders who have helped us achieve this success in 2016 and we look forward to another strong year in 2017," concluded Mr. Rovinescu.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:29 pm

Has anyone checked to see if AC has holdings in pickle companies?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Still trading firmly under $14. Resistance level?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Depends what you mean by resistance level.

if you mean psychological barrier that seems to be preventing new buyers from purchasing the stock at that price, or motivating people to sell at that price, then maybe.

If you mean institutional investors unloading stock preventing it from continuing on, then sure.

If you mean some imaginary barrier created by some voodoo scam artists, discovered by drawing random lines with no real meaning across a chart, then no. And please kill yourself.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

if you mean psychological barrier that seems to be preventing new buyers from purchasing the stock at that price, or motivating people to sell at that price, then maybe.

If you mean institutional investors unloading stock preventing it from continuing on, then sure.

If you mean some imaginary barrier created by some voodoo scam artists, discovered by drawing random lines with no real meaning across a chart, then no. And please kill yourself.
I used to give little weight to technical analysis but I find technical analysis coupled with fundamental analysis helps me take the "emotion" out of the game.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: *$ Green
That's true. Technical analysis does have that benefit.

But it doesn't change the fact it's still based on falsehood and self fulfilling prophecies
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

What? You don't like fib-lines and all that crap? CCI?

I'm thinking institutional investors obviously. And I think company valuation is a legitimate practice with a respected organization behind credentialing it in Canada: https://cicbv.ca/
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Technical analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQ...=youtu.be&t=0s

Last edited by KenHamer; Jan 3, 2017 at 6:25 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
I used to give little weight to technical analysis but I find technical analysis coupled with fundamental analysis helps me take the "emotion" out of the game.
is taking emotion out of the game a good idea when the entire process is so connected to emotional decisions?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

AC -1.2%
WJA +3% (on a upgrade from SELL to HOLD, PT $22)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by KenHamer

if I could know a trade is profitable 60% of the time based on certain parameters, I would do that trade each time those parameters are met and based on predefined risk criteria would weigh each trade appropriately.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So I bought AC stock just after their earnings and have now earned an unrealized gain of 4% in two days. Sell or hold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.