Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC Aerogold offering 20k AP Miles, First Year Free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIBC Aerogold offering 20k AP Miles, First Year Free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Apply now, do not have to wait. No limit on # of cards at CIBC. Even the same ones, rep said.
There is a limit, which is defined by your credit profile...if you can absorb it, go for it. Several people, myself included have gotten multiple Aerogold cards during the same promo. However, I was told it there was a 45 day waiting period before you can re-apply, though I've been able to get around that rule once before. Then there was one time that a rep mentioned to wait 6 months to make sure it includes the promo offerings, else it's a waste of time. So, it may depend on who you speak to.

I've been approved for the CIBC Aerogold Visa 5 times in 21 months. But, I need to give my credit some breathing room so it will be in tip-top shape for more upcoming signups!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Apply now, do not have to wait. No limit on # of cards at CIBC. Even the same ones, rep said.
Hung my previous $50K limit like a carrot on a stick, that misprinted statement. ugh. I need the flexibility of a card like that nowadays. I slammed through $70K worth of spend last month of so.

I guess I could churn, but I'm just not as aggressive as some of you experts on the board.

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
There is a limit, which is defined by your credit profile...if you can absorb it, go for it. Several people, myself included have gotten multiple Aerogold cards during the same promo. However, I was told it there was a 45 day waiting period before you can re-apply, though I've been able to get around that rule once before. Then there was one time that a rep mentioned to wait 6 months to make sure it includes the promo offerings, else it's a waste of time. So, it may depend on who you speak to.

I've been approved for the CIBC Aerogold Visa 5 times in 21 months. But, I need to give my credit some breathing room so it will be in tip-top shape for more upcoming signups!
Man.. that's heavy breathing. Why go after the same card so many times? I guess its a good product.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by agjil
"an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles when you spend $500 in net card purchases during your first three consecutive monthly statement periods"
Does this mean I need to spend $500 each month for the first three months, for a total of $1,500?
Or does it mean the sum of the total amount I spend over the first three months needs to be $500? (e.g. $200, $200, $100)
During the 3 month period, say March 8, you card was approved to June 8, need to spend 500 bucks. One time or 1000 transactions makes no difference, or your second phrase.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Mar 8, 2014 at 9:59 am
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I submitted a new application for the infinite card today. I will report if I can get approved.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:09 pm

yeah, i don't really think there's a set limit on cibc apps, but generally i play it safe.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
I submitted a new application for the infinite card today. I will report if I can get approved.
I've already reported that I, and others, have received multiple Aerogold Visa cards during the same promotion period, so your report would just be redundant, but go ahead, if it makes you feel better.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I've already reported that I, and others, have received multiple Aerogold Visa cards during the same promotion period, so your report would just be redundant, but go ahead, if it makes you feel better.
This is a new promo from Jan 2014. What you did was during the last year's promo. So what you said adds no value here.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
This is a new promo from Jan 2014. What you did was during the last year's promo. So what you said adds no value here.
Someone call 911. I just busted a gut reading this!

If adding value were a criteria for posting, then your post counts would be NOWHERE near where it is NOW!

Great news! I've now already got 2 Aerogolds during the 2014 promo! Several people over at RFD have also reported the same! ^ ^
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
So I signed up for the aerogold visa last year for the 15K bonus miles and no annual fee. I cancelled in october of last year. Does anyone know if I will be eligible for this bonus? If I am, I will sign-up for sure.

D
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by danapop
So I signed up for the aerogold visa last year for the 15K bonus miles and no annual fee. I cancelled in october of last year. Does anyone know if I will be eligible for this bonus? If I am, I will sign-up for sure.

D
Yes...as mentioned, I've been told to wait 45 days before reapplying, but I've been able to get a second card within 2 weeks, complete with full promo offerings (with some special reasons which I don't want to get into, in an open forum). But to be sure, you can call and speak to a rep and ask them to ensure that you will get the promo with your new application.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:44 pm

Yes...as mentioned, I've been told to wait 45 days before reapplying, but I've been able to get a second card within 2 weeks, complete with full promo offerings (with some special reasons which I don't want to get into, in an open forum). But to be sure, you can call and speak to a rep and ask them to ensure that you will get the promo with your new application.
excellent thanks. Interestingly, this promo is not listed on the aeroplane website.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
excellent thanks. Interestingly, this promo is not listed on the aeroplane website.
Aeroplan just got a new major sponsor (TD) so they do not want to make TD angry because CIBC is holding a promotion which I think is better than their TD Aeroplan cards.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Aeroplan just got a new major sponsor (TD) so they do not want to make TD angry because CIBC is holding a promotion which I think is better than their TD Aeroplan cards.
good call. It is better than TD, but TD transferred over my travel rewards to AP and still gave me 15K miles for each card.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
good call. It is better than TD, but TD transferred over my travel rewards to AP and still gave me 15K miles for each card.
What's this "TD transferred over my travel rewards to AP"? Do you mean cibc transferred you aeropeso card to td?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
What's this "TD transferred over my travel rewards to AP"? Do you mean cibc transferred you aeropeso card to td?
No I had the TD infinite travel visa. I transferred that over to the TD aeroplan and got all the bonus miles, 2-1 short haul reward and lounge passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.