Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A New Gate Louse Low...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: E50K, Hyatt Platinum, NEXUS/GE, Amex Platinum, CX Gold (till July 2015), Mlife Gold
Have to admit, my head's kind of spinning reading all the posts on this particular thread. 3 observations from an admitted FT noob:

1. DYKWIUTB was a complete and utter douche in the way he acted and spoke to the gate agent. These are the type of people who I pray get subjected to a cavity search by a silverback gorilla. They make everyone's life miserable: the GA, the pax around them who have to be subjected to such an embarassing display, and most likely their immediate family.

2. Timbits/chocolates as a bribe (and that's exactly what it is) to get upgraded is lame. My own approach is to be as friendly as possible, say please and thank you (even if I don't get the upgrade). Doesn't always work (and, with 35K status, I have as much chance for an upgrade as I do growing back my hair on int'l flights), but at least I don't feel tacky.

3. DYKWIUTB's only valid point during his pathetic diatribe was that it's hard to find space in the bins. I fly the YYZ-HKG leg 2-3 times a year, and it's ridiculous how lax the carry-on restrictions are enforced. I may be a lowly 35K, but I treasure my priority boarding, so I can make sure I've got a place to stash my gear.

Best,

Cale
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Jumping to conclusions(he had old tags) and name calling(louse) is a popular pastime here.
Two VERY good points!

EDIT: Nevermind. Re-read OPs original post.

Last edited by capebretonboy; Sep 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
No different than the ACElite (35K by her tag) lady last fall who insisted she could board a UA flight with UA GS/1K/F passengers when called because she was STARGold. Pushing her way to the front of the line she boarded ahead of me (holding my F seat boarding pass and a 1K at the time). On the plane she kept walking...all the way to the back, didn't even have an E+ seat.
I like that you kept an eye on her...thought I was the only one who would do something like that!!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Cale905
Have to admit, my head's kind of spinning reading all the posts on this particular thread. 3 observations from an admitted FT noob:

1. DYKWIUTB was a complete and utter douche in the way he acted and spoke to the gate agent. These are the type of people who I pray get subjected to a cavity search by a silverback gorilla. They make everyone's life miserable: the GA, the pax around them who have to be subjected to such an embarassing display, and most likely their immediate family.

2. Timbits/chocolates as a bribe (and that's exactly what it is) to get upgraded is lame. My own approach is to be as friendly as possible, say please and thank you (even if I don't get the upgrade). Doesn't always work (and, with 35K status, I have as much chance for an upgrade as I do growing back my hair on int'l flights), but at least I don't feel tacky.

3. DYKWIUTB's only valid point during his pathetic diatribe was that it's hard to find space in the bins. I fly the YYZ-HKG leg 2-3 times a year, and it's ridiculous how lax the carry-on restrictions are enforced. I may be a lowly 35K, but I treasure my priority boarding, so I can make sure I've got a place to stash my gear.

Best,

Cale
Jesus Christ here we go again... I agree timbits are a lame bribe, but since it wasn't a bribe - I don't think being kind is lame. Maybe that makes me lame.

And I don't wont to sound rude here but if you actually think timbits are a bribe - for real now - I think you need to give your head a shake...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by danapop
Jesus Christ here we go again... I agree timbits are a lame bribe, but since it wasn't a bribe - I don't think being kind is lame. Maybe that makes me lame.

And I don't wont to sound rude here but if you actually think timbits are a bribe - for real now - I think you need to give your head a shake...
It's a cheap man's bribe!!!

Nah, people who think it's a bribe are ridiculous.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Should this thread be renamed "The Righteous vs. non-Righteous"?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.