Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Cana2013
They only care about getting referral bonus for themselves. That is very unethical in my point of view.
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Now I am starting to see why you are annoying...IMO...
And I thought I was bad thinking Cana2013 was rather annoying always posting his thoughts for no single good reason other than what seemed to make his posts counter go up.

Glad to see I'm not alone being fed up with all the junk Cana2013 has been posting... wait, "glad" may be not the best choice of word; let's say "relieved" because what would make me really glad, and I feel others too, is that Cana2013 stopped posting so often without adding anything helpful to the discussion.

Sorry, Cana2013, but YOU are unethical by spamming FT like you do.

Last edited by CC1972; Nov 23, 2013 at 6:03 pm
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CC1972
And I thought I was bad thinking Cana2013 was rather annoying always posting his thoughts for no single good reason other than what seemed to make his posts counter go up.

Glad to see I'm not alone being fed up with all the junk Cana2013 has been posting... wait, "glad" may be not the best choice of word; let's say "relieved" because what would make me really glad, and I feel others too, is that Cana2013 stopped posting so often without adding anything helpful to the discussion.
Ok I've been on the sidelines watching this, and it is laughable.

Ancien Maestro (AM), who you guys seem to think is the Amex MR Point Messiah, was the undeniable king of parroting posts just to get his counter up. He managed to get the entire Aeroplan board to post on his threads telling him to not reply unless he had value to add.

Now Cana2013, who we can call AM Jr, is doing the exact same thing. AM, is this your child getting their own flyertalk account?

For those of you who can't deal with sorting through the repetitive nonsense, there is a great feature in flyertalk called "ignore users".

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...ublesome_users
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:46 pm

Wow, guess people do think alike. I tried to not say anything either, but did have some offline conversations on this

I always wondered why AM or Cana2013 do it...
I mean, would they continue to post if AMEX stops giving out referral bonuses...it's not like FT gives out $ for higher post counts

Would "ignore list" ignore the users in email subscription also? or "MyFlyerTalk" panel?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:52 pm

Just chill everyone. If you don't like someone, the ignore button is there for a reason.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, guess people do think alike. I tried to not say anything either, but did have some offline conversations on this

I always wondered why AM or Cana2013 do it...
I mean, would they continue to post if AMEX stops giving out referral bonuses...it's not like FT gives out $ for higher post counts

Would "ignore list" ignore the users in email subscription also? or "MyFlyerTalk" panel?
I don't have a referral signature, and have not actively advertised referrals, or looking for referrals. I think your implying my motivation is offside. In fact, you have been actively advertising your services and you seem to be extremely happy for yourself. Why bury others who are here genuinely on the forum to contribute, for your referral gain?

I'm a champion of Amex. Amex has helped me add mileage into my account. I'm passionate for what Amex has done for me. Isn't this is what FT is all about? Please put me on your ignore list.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I don't have a referral signature, and have not actively advertised referrals, or looking for referrals. I think your implying my motivation is offside. In fact, you have been actively advertising your services and you seem to be extremely happy for yourself. Why bury others who are here genuinely on the forum to contribute, for your referral gain?

I'm a champion of Amex. Amex has helped me add mileage into my account. I'm passionate for what Amex has done for me. Isn't this is what FT is all about? Please put me on your ignore list.
^^

FT should just ban affiliate links in signature and that'll be the end of all problems. no more posting because you get a referral. this is like the blogger affiliate conversation all over again. frankly annoyed with that.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveTO
Ok I've been on the sidelines watching this, and it is laughable.

Ancien Maestro (AM), who you guys seem to think is the Amex MR Point Messiah, was the undeniable king of parroting posts just to get his counter up. He managed to get the entire Aeroplan board to post on his threads telling him to not reply unless he had value to add.

Now Cana2013, who we can call AM Jr, is doing the exact same thing. AM, is this your child getting their own flyertalk account?

For those of you who can't deal with sorting through the repetitive nonsense, there is a great feature in flyertalk called "ignore users".

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...ublesome_users
You've been complaining about me for years now as well. Why don't you take your own advice and add me to your ignore list. Your comments have been ignorant and OT.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:13 am

Some people reported getting correct amounts in their 3rd statement
e.g. 5K on 1st statement, 0 on 2nd, 25K on 3rd statement

so let's all hope for nice surprise on our 3rd statement (assuming you've spent $500+)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Allowing referral links in signatures is the forum's effort to help users apply credit cards through the best possible route. This is why I removed my referral link for the gold rewards cards although I have the gold card and my family also have the plat card.
I still stand firmly behind what I said here. I understand there are lots of generous people in this forum but the intention of some Amex gold card referrers is wrong IMO.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 27, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I would say it's no different the bloggers providing inferior...
It should not be the case here. We should only provide referral links that provide the best value for whom applying for the cards.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended

It should not be the case here. We should only provide referral links that provide the best value for whom applying for the cards.
Yeffrej201 has a good point though and I'm surprised the moderators have allowed referral links to be offered on FT even though it contradicts Amex Terms and Conditions intent clearly. I don't mind some FTers benefitting, and I don't want to rain on the party.

The point is we need to remain respectful and understand that referral links is pushing the envelope.

Regarding jerryhung's comment on the third statement total balance of bonus points showing up, I believe its hit and miss.. and remains inconsistent.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Ambassador
25,000 bonus points appeared on my Amex statement today.

The relevant data for those concerned:

- Signed up for the AeroplanPlus Gold Card at the beginning of September using a flyertalk referral link (thank you).
- First Amex statement produced at the end of September, showing 5,000 bonus miles plus spending miles (1 mile per dollar).
- Second Amex statement produced at the end of October; no bonus miles, only spending miles.
- Passed $500 spending threshold in November. Third statement produced today showing 25,000 bonus miles plus spending miles.

I'm accessing the Amex statement online, not waiting for the mail. The points haven't shown up in my Aeroplan account yet but that usually takes some extra time for processing. It does appear as if the promotion has come through correctly though.

As a postscript, I want to thank all the helpful posters on flyertalk for making this happen. This is the first time I have ever used a miles promotion like this and I wouldn't have known about the possibility without following the posts on this board. These points will put me over the threshold to book a mini-RTW (another flyertalk discovery for me, complete with lessons on YQ and how to avoid it) and take a really cool trip with a good friend next summer. All of which is to say that, despite the occasional annoyances and digressions, this forum really is useful and, at least in my case, has had a measurably positive and meaningful impact. Thank you.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by YYZMike
As a postscript, I want to thank all the helpful posters on flyertalk for making this happen. .......Thank you.
Very happy that you received all the bonus miles for the AeroplanPlus gold card. One of my family members received the remaining 25k bonus miles Saturday morning in his third statement. He received 5k in the first statement and nothing in the second statement, so it was the same as yours.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 27, 2013 at 5:06 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
I also received my remaining 25,000 "welcome" bonus miles on my 3rd statement today.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Yehaw... I checked my statement and there they are... but still not posted to the AE website. Funny how it takes so much longer for credits to post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.