Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Right. My question was which gifts are you choosing?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I presumed that the threshold gift was limited to eupgrade certificates, until I saw the altitude dashboard for eupgrade gifts.

So, as a SE100K, I get no option to choose a threshold gift until I hit 150K?
But my wife, who is a E50K, is close to 60K AQMs - she was not planning to fly revenue miles any more this year, but perhaps she should fly to get the 1500 AQMs first for the first gift. When she is eligible, will her dashboard show an option to choose the gift, and/or will she get an email to choose the gift.

In terms of eupgrade certificates, as a E50K, does she or does she not get eupgrade certificates if she reaches 60AQMs.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE | SPG Platinum 100
Hi everyone:

Wondering if someone can help me out here?

I reached 250k AQM a while ago ... but had stopped traveling for a bit. The way my schedule looks as of right now, I am not going to be able to reach 300k AQM this year.

However, I just looked at my Altitude Dashboard, and it states:
"Next threshold: 300,000 AQM or 150 AQS"

I am currently at 135 AQS and may be able to reach 150 AQS by end of 2015. Does that mean that if I do indeed hit 150 AQS, I would be able to chose my 300k threshold gift?

I ask because I was under impression that 300k gift was awarded to those who reach 300k AQM or 300 AQS?

Thanks for your responses!
GlobeTrotter Jr.

And my 2015 Threshold Gift Selections were:
150k - 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
200k - Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class
250k - Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - North America in Economy Class
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I presumed that the threshold gift was limited to eupgrade certificates, until I saw the altitude dashboard for eupgrade gifts.

So, as a SE100K, I get no option to choose a threshold gift until I hit 150K?
But my wife, who is a E50K, is close to 60K AQMs - she was not planning to fly revenue miles any more this year, but perhaps she should fly to get the 1500 AQMs first for the first gift. When she is eligible, will her dashboard show an option to choose the gift, and/or will she get an email to choose the gift.

In terms of eupgrade certificates, as a E50K, does she or does she not get eupgrade certificates if she reaches 60AQMs.
The point of threshold gifts is to try to incentivise people to fly more than they've flown in the past and/or beyond the limits of what status AC will provide. So yes, those with lower status get threshold gifts as they move up the chain, but once you've qualified for SE, it's only at 150K that they feel like incentivising you.

60K is a good level for someone who's at E50K, because it will generate both the threshold gift and the threshold eUps. You could go check the other thread on 2015 threshold gift selections and see what's left, but I'm guessing at 60K it might be down to the AQM or Aeroplan miles.

Originally Posted by Globe_Trotter_JR
Hi everyone:

Wondering if someone can help me out here?

I reached 250k AQM a while ago ... but had stopped traveling for a bit. The way my schedule looks as of right now, I am not going to be able to reach 300k AQM this year.

However, I just looked at my Altitude Dashboard, and it states:
"Next threshold: 300,000 AQM or 150 AQS"

I am currently at 135 AQS and may be able to reach 150 AQS by end of 2015. Does that mean that if I do indeed hit 150 AQS, I would be able to chose my 300k threshold gift?

I ask because I was under impression that 300k gift was awarded to those who reach 300k AQM or 300 AQS?
It's a problem with the Altitude site programming, it does the same with threshold eUps. You'll need the 300 AQS, not 150.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:38 pm

Hey folks,

Just crossed over the 90 segments and was offered some threshold gift choices. Just wanted some thoughts on where the best value lies?

I've narrowed it down to 15k Bonus AP miles or the $150 Amazon.ca card.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BingoArms
Hey folks,

Just crossed over the 90 segments and was offered some threshold gift choices. Just wanted some thoughts on where the best value lies?

I've narrowed it down to 15k Bonus AP miles or the $150 Amazon.ca card.

Thoughts?
Well if you think an Aeroplan mile is worth more than a cent, it's obvious.

And if you think it's worth less than a cent, it's still obvious
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE
No more Amazon gift cards at 60,000 AQM/60 AQS. Looks like it will be 5000 Aeroplan miles for me!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Not much left for the 150k threshold either... 25k AE it is.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I believe how this works has changed, so here's a Q.

I'm a E75k member, I'm about to cross 60k. Obviously I get the threshold eups, but do I also get a threshold gift? It allegedly says I will (the counter shows it), but i'm not 100% sure. Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

I'm a E75k member, I'm about to cross 60k. Obviously I get the threshold eups, but do I also get a threshold gift? It allegedly says I will (the counter shows it), but i'm not 100% sure. Thanks
No
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Last year I got the EUPs and the gift at 60k.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

Should you? No

Will you? Well, it's AC's (IBM's) IT so literally anything is possible. Actually if you posted that you got the gift for 350,000 AQM I wouldn't even blink.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Should you? No

Will you? Well, it's AC's (IBM's) IT so literally anything is possible. Actually if you posted that you got the gift for 350,000 AQM I wouldn't even blink.
Well it tells me to select one, but then there's nothing for me to select.

AC IT
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Just hit 150K for the first time and the remaining choices were 25,000 aeropesos, $250 Amazon gift card or dinner for two at a restaurant in Edmonton. Given that the only time I'm in Edmonton is on business, so i can expense my meals, went for the aeropesos, which as an SE I value at more than $0.01 even though I have lots to use up.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
I first crossed the SE threshold in 2009, dropped back to E in 2010, re-crossed the SE threshold in 2011, and have remained SE ever since. I don't know what levels the threshold gifts were at back then, but I have never received a threshold gift.

They are at 150k miles for SEs, and I know I have never had that many miles. However, In going from E to SE twice, I have certainly crossed the 60k and 90k mile thresholds a couple of times. Maybe there were no threshold gifts below 100k miles back then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.