Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC E
1500 Status Miles

I will probably be travelling less in 2014 so might need all the status miles I can get. If I wait to make my 60k threshold choice until January will the status miles post and be considered 2014 status miles?

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Print this page for your record

Threshold Gift Program

Member must hold eligible 2013 Altitude status to qualify, in addition to attaining the required Altitude Qualifying Miles. All flight activities must be reported and credited to the Aeroplan Member's account by January 15, 2014 to qualify for gift selection. All gifts must be selected by January 31, 2014, unless otherwise specified in the gift description. Selected gifts will be provided while quantities last. Air Canada reserves the right to substitute gifts. No changes or exchanges are permitted, prior or once the gift selection has been made. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. If no selection is made prior to the given deadline, Air Canada has the right to decline the gift fulfillment. All Threshold Gifts are subject to Air Canada rules and regulations and can be modified or terminated at any time for any reasons that are beyond Air Canada’s control. For complete rules and regulations concerning Air Canada Altitude, please view the Terms & Conditions.

1,500 Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles Altitude Qualifying Miles will be deposited directly into your Aeroplan Account within five business days of selection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles Aeroplan Miles will be deposited directly into your Aeroplan Account within five business days of selection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$50 Amazon.ca Gift Certificates Your Amazon.ca gift voucher will be delivered to the e-mail address on your Aeroplan Profile within five business days of selection.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Threshold gift for 250k, 300k & 350k

In past years I have always chosen AP miles as my threshold gifts, but seeing how much they have been devalued over the past couple of years I was wondering what other people choose for the 250k, 300k & 350k levels and why?

I'm really curious to know if anyone has chosen any of the flight pass options this year, and if the flights taken on the passes qualify for AQS/AQM or not. In previous years I know there didn't.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So what's a better value? 15k miles or a $150 Amazon GC?

It seems like 1cpm is fairly low for redemption value. But since it's an Amazon Canada GC, I don't think I can use it in the US.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
It's difficult for me to fly 15K miles due to time and money, and seeing as I only have the summer months free when the kids are off school, that's the gift I selected at the 90K threshold.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So what's a better value? 15k miles or a $150 Amazon GC?

It seems like 1cpm is fairly low for redemption value. But since it's an Amazon Canada GC, I don't think I can use it in the US.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jaysona
In past years I have always chosen AP miles as my threshold gifts, but seeing how much they have been devalued over the past couple of years I was wondering what other people choose for the 250k, 300k & 350k levels and why?

I'm really curious to know if anyone has chosen any of the flight pass options this year, and if the flights taken on the passes qualify for AQS/AQM or not. In previous years I know there didn't.
They do not. I chose a Latitude North American flight pass and the Florida Plus Executive Flight Pass.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
To those that hit the 350K AQM - did any of you select the Harry Rosen $4,000 gift certificate? If so, what was your experience in using it, and which store(s) did you use it at?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
To those that hit the 350K AQM - did any of you select the Harry Rosen $4,000 gift certificate? If so, what was your experience in using it, and which store(s) did you use it at?
350K AQM? That's basically 1000 AQM per day, taking off stat. holidays and 5 sick days. You are likely in very limited company!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
They do not. I chose a Latitude North American flight pass and the Florida Plus Executive Flight Pass.
Just wondering if the NA Latitude flight pass is upgradable at T-48 into J. I should hit 250k by end of year.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your question regarding the Harry Rosen certificate.

SG
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by yvr76
350K AQM? That's basically 1000 AQM per day, taking off stat. holidays and 5 sick days. You are likely in very limited company!
It is not as crazy as you think. One NA latitude flight pass (even a rapidair pass) combined with 1x per month international travel = 350k. Of course, yyznomad could be topping 350k through 100% BIS Flex fares, but my guess is that there are at least a few hundred AC customers who hit that mark routinely through various means.

SG
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I'll likely hit it but won't be choosing that one.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
I did about ~350k status miles last year (less than half that this year). Chose the SE North America economy pass at 250k, points for the rest.

- My wife and I feel Rosen and Tiffany's (the GC options at the top levels) are overpriced and just weren't too keen on what we would get in return
- In spite of the devaluation, we do still value AE points
- The flight passes offer good value *if you use them effectively*

Case in point - the 4 credit NA economy pass. It's in Latitude, so lots of rebooking flex, upgradeable at booking if R class is open, absolutely no fees. We're using it for a trip to Hawaii (from central Canada) with 3 of 4 legs confirmed upgraded to J at booking - something which would have "cost" us 160k pts + $320k fees as a simple reward (with IKK). Then it is a good deal. If however we frittered it away on a nonupgraded Y class within continental North America, it would only be "worth" 50k pts + about $250 in fees, much less (and less than the 75k point bonus that is a choice at same threshhold).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Just wondering if the NA Latitude flight pass is upgradable at T-48 into J.

SG
No it does not. I just made a mock booking for tomorrow on a R0J4 flight YYZ YVR. When you request the upgrade directly from the flight booking page of the flight booked with the SE NA Latitude Flight Pass, it sends you directly to your eUpgrade account page and does not go to the standard regular flight pass page that allows you to do use a direct to J T-48 upgrade or use eUpgrade credits.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
It is not as crazy as you think. One NA latitude flight pass (even a rapidair pass) combined with 1x per month international travel = 350k. Of course, yyznomad could be topping 350k through 100% BIS Flex fares, but my guess is that there are at least a few hundred AC customers who hit that mark routinely through various means.

SG
Plus the additional COS on any Lat fare and any Z/J/C/D fares helps.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
I don't take sick days... I will be ending the calendar year with roughly 405,000 AQM. No threshold gift though!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:41 am

I don't take sick days... I will be ending the calendar year with roughly 405,000 AQM. No threshold gift though!
A pity that it caps at 350k. I guess your only consolation prize is that you are 14% closer to the 3MM threshold.

SG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.