Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,151
Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Hi,

I was browsing through the new AC altitude website, and saw the "Threshold Gifts" section.
It looks like several gifts are offered at certain mileage thresholds, and I'm wondering if you get all of the gifts listed once you reach each threshold, or if you get to pick just one each time.
Does anyone know?
agjil is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: YWG
Posts: 2,270
You pick one.
hydrogen is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:44 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,151
thanks.
agjil is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:45 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: YYJ
Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Posts: 148
So, who actually gets the threshold gifts?

It says the 60K gifts are available to E50s, the 90K gifts to E75s and the 150K gifts to SE100s.

In other words, as an SE100 one doesn't get a threshold gift at 60K in the current year?
Ia Ora is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:53 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,153
Originally Posted by Ia Ora
So, who actually gets the threshold gifts?

It says the 60K gifts are available to E50s, the 90K gifts to E75s and the 150K gifts to SE100s.

In other words, as an SE100 one doesn't get a threshold gift at 60K in the current year?
Correct
FlyerTalker683455 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:57 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MEX
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 4,160
Is this the first year Threshold Gifts are available below the 150K mark? I'm fairly new to the FF world, and flew 28K in 2010, 89K in 2011, and 110K in 2012, and have never received a Threshold Gift before.
capedreamer is online now  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:01 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,237
Originally Posted by Allvest
Correct
Incorrect

My "Altitude " dashboard says my next threshold gift is 60K, I am a 75k currently.

The confusing thing is the wording in threshold chart, it says the 60k gift is available to 50K which is correct since you have to hit 50k before you hit 60k

So dashboard tracker says I get it, the threshold chart implies something else

Going with the dashboard thing and will see end of summer when I get there I guess

Last edited by xLuther; Mar 2, 2013 at 9:13 am
xLuther is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:04 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: YEG
Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Posts: 184
So, if you go over the E50K threshold by 20% Air Canada would like to give you something to thank you for your patronage. If you go over the E75K by 20% you get something for your patronage. If however you are a SE100K, you need to go over your threshold by 50% to receive a gift.

Just another way Air Canada would like to say thank you to its SE members. I suppose they figure that if someone makes SE, they don't need any encouragement to fly with them. Thus, sending out the SE cards last.

Way to go Air Canada. You know how to look after your frequent fliers.
Carotta likes this.
Binflyin is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:13 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: YWG
Programs: Free Agent
Posts: 1,463
I have to say that I am liking the look of Altitude- the dashboard thing; the threshold gift at achievable levels as well as the threshold eups.
canolakid is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:16 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: YYZ
Programs: aeroplan SE
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by xLuther
Incorrect

My "Altitude " dashboard says my next threshold gift is 60K, I am a 75k currently.

The confusing thing is the wording in threshold chart, it says the 60k gift is available to 50K which is correct since you have to hit 50k before you hit 60k

So dashboard tracker says I get it, the threshold chart implies something else

Going with the dashboard thing and will see end of summer when I get there I guess
Se and mine is 150K - maybe a glitch on your dashboard?
skell101 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:28 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,237
Originally Posted by skell101
Se and mine is 150K - maybe a glitch on your dashboard?
Or a glitch in yours

Won't really know until it happens

Or since as SE100K you got a lot more select Privileges on front end they figure you got enough already
xLuther is offline  
Old Mar 3, 2013, 5:44 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MEX
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 4,160
Originally Posted by AC888
Is this the first year Threshold Gifts are available below the 150K mark? I'm fairly new to the FF world, and flew 28K in 2010, 89K in 2011, and 110K in 2012, and have never received a Threshold Gift before.
Sorry to bump this, but I'd really like to know. Thanks!
capedreamer is online now  
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:05 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Posts: 389
Technically, the eupgrades every 20k are threshold gifts.

My dashboard also says 150k which I think is the same as last year for SEs
YOWie is offline  
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:44 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: YYZ
Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Posts: 1,526
There was clarification on this when the program was announced (don't have a link...sorry). Current E50s get the 60K gift and up. Current E75s get the 90K gift and up. Current SE100Ks get the 150k gift and up.
j_the_p is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:43 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YOW
Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Posts: 3,217
Not quite fair to the SE when others only need to be 20% over and SEs need to be 50% over the higher qualificaitons.
Snoopyo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.