Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Could be that KIX landing/operating fees are much lower than going to NRT (I mean, who knows how long the airport has to make up the money invested before it sinks)!
Just checked and AC will fly you to KIX from YYZ (via a connection to YVR on mainline) all summer long for ~$850; that is, around the price of a flex fare for just the YYZ/YVR leg. Clearly they have gotten a very, very sweet deal at KIX.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Just checked and AC will fly you to KIX from YYZ (via a connection to YVR on mainline) all summer long for ~$850; that is, around the price of a flex fare for just the YYZ/YVR leg. Clearly they have gotten a very, very sweet deal at KIX.
Must be.

I don't know TOO much about Osaka, but I think KIX is not turning out to be as good as they thought (plus the sinking into the ocean problem).

Even the hotels have shuttles to ITM instead of KIX.

I would still rather pay the premium and fly YYZ-HND-ITM instead of YYZ-YVR-KIX because:
  1. Rouge
  2. HND Immigration
  3. Get to try out ANA
  4. Believe it or not, it's faster than through YVR
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
What's clear (as noted back on page 259) is KIX is a low yielding market unable to viably support much service from NA. The lower cost base with Rouge is the only thing giving this route a fighting chance
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Must be.

I don't know TOO much about Osaka, but I think KIX is not turning out to be as good as they thought (plus the sinking into the ocean problem).

Even the hotels have shuttles to ITM instead of KIX.

I would still rather pay the premium and fly YYZ-HND-ITM instead of YYZ-YVR-KIX because:
  1. Rouge
  2. HND Immigration
  3. Get to try out ANA
  4. Believe it or not, it's faster than through YVR
HND and KIX are both fast with APEC card.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
What's clear (as noted back on page 259) is KIX is a low yielding market unable to viably support much service from NA. The lower cost base with Rouge is the only thing giving this route a fighting chance
Funny because, on my trip to Japan, there were quite a few connections to KIX (YYZ-HND-KIX).

When I visited Osaka, I did notice a ridiculous amount of leisure travellers, so I just thought AC was fed up with handing out through-fares on ANA.

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
HND and KIX are both fast with APEC card.
I'm really not cool enough for that card
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:27 pm

Redeeming on Rouge

I'm looking at using some of my Aeroplan points to fly Rouge YYZ-DUB (I know it's not the best value for points) and one of the available options is "Premium Economy - Class N".....would this be a Premium Rouge seat or just an exit/bulkhead row?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Premium rouge.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Seems best place to post this - apologies if I had already missed it elsewhere

Race to the Bottom - Torstar article about cramped seats and so on
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:38 pm

Having no option I will be doing the dreaded Rouge YYZ-MCO-YYZ next month. Managed to get B fare one way so upgraded for 2 credits immediately. Return trip could only swing M fare so need to choose a Preferred seat (for now). Only 4C, and 18 A and F (the exit rows with no-one in front of them) are available.

Which would you choose?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Having no option I will be doing the dreaded Rouge YYZ-MCO-YYZ next month. Managed to get B fare one way so upgraded for 2 credits immediately. Return trip could only swing M fare so need to choose a Preferred seat (for now). Only 4C, and 18 A and F (the exit rows with no-one in front of them) are available.

Which would you choose?
A bicycle.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:47 pm

Which would you choose?
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
A bicycle.
Step 1 Pay $400 and cancel
Step 2 Reroute with another airline
Step 3 Start an FT thread about how you did not support rouge by choosing to route through another airline
Step 4 Win
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:56 pm

Which would you choose?
DELTA........bet it was cheaper than what you paid to fly on one of the worst experiences in the sky
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL

Which would you choose?
This clocks in at CAD1465 RT, no?

Delta F is CAD697-740
United F is CAD769-811 (if you are a slave to AQM)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
This clocks in at CAD1465 RT, no?

Delta F is CAD697-740
United F is CAD769-811 (if you are a slave to AQM)
I would take that over Rouge.

Especially since your objective is to save a few bucks.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:42 pm

I would take that over Rouge.

Especially since your objective is to save a few bucks.
Unfortunately my only option to get up front is Rouge as corporate travel policy won't buy F or J for me. Having found almost sold out Rouge flights that were "in policy" and so get ticketed in Lat or high Flex that is where I find myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.