Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Oops, this double posted. Can I blame it on the Gogo Wifi?
you up can only blame GoGo for it not posting at all because it took the entire flight to connect!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vernonc
I do not believe there is any fast track security or immig at TPE. At least none that I have seen and I have been there a few times over the last two years. Its never taken me 30 mins so perhaps I am lucky.

Just did a search and apparently there is a paid fast track service.
Royal Airport Concierge
Ok, was in TPE last week and on checking in for my return via YVR, greeted by a friendly concierge, After check in, she told me that since I traveled to TPE three times in a year, I could apply for fastrack. She had my previous trips on a paper with her. She then logged onto the website with the application, completed the process and I took a photo so now I can use fastrack immigration in TPE for all of next year. And the process is apparently free. Very impressed.
gabdusch, JordanYVR and DNAwizard like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just spent 20 minutes on hold (0330 EST) waiting for them to answer.

I started drafting an email around the 16 minute mark, and hung up after sending it.

Two people, separate PNRs, two issues each (same issues for both passengers), so I was really hoping to get some synchronous communication.

But sitting in the FRA FCT, I don't really want to spend my time on hold.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Help when you need it

I have had great service from YYC, YYz, YVR and DEL Concierges. Proactively rebooking and making connections work that otherwise would have caused lengthy delays, assistance with missing baggage and numerous other tasks pleasantly done. Makes SE worthwhile when there is a problem.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just spent 20 minutes on hold (0330 EST) waiting for them to answer.

I started drafting an email around the 16 minute mark, and hung up after sending it.

Two people, separate PNRs, two issues each (same issues for both passengers), so I was really hoping to get some synchronous communication.

Tried getting a hold of them last night - got a callback after 2-3 hours. Was quite surprised they actually called back though, personally had lost hope.

Probably not a fun day yesterday for anyone involved.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by canadiancow
sorry, but FCT means?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by skybluesea

sorry, but FCT means?

I too had to look it up, Google says Frankfurt First Class Terminal
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYC traveler
I too had to look it up, Google says Frankfurt First Class Terminal
👌

Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skybluesea

sorry, but FCT means?
Flux-corrected transport.

:-)
skybluesea likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Air Canada SE 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First, AA Gold
Thumbs up Fixed more issues that I can count

The Concierge program is pretty good and got me out of trouble (flight changes, delays/reconnections/etc/etc more times that I can count. I've been Super Elite for longer than I care to admit. It was a little better at one time with local numbers Vs. the central call centre. However, it is for sure one of the great things about having SE on Air Canada.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AC MMSE
The Concierge program is pretty good and got me out of trouble (flight changes, delays/reconnections/etc/etc more times that I can count. I've been Super Elite for longer than I care to admit. It was a little better at one time with local numbers Vs. the central call centre. However, it is for sure one of the great things about having SE on Air Canada.
I know I say this a lot in response to comments like yours, but before the central concierge, concierges could only deal with things at their airports.

I could not SDC to a different SFO-YYZ. I could not change my seat on SFO-YYZ (after OLCI closed, but before I was at the airport).

And even somewhere that had a concierge, if it was outside their hours, you couldn't do anything.

Now, you can call 24/7 and they can help you with any flight from anywhere.

The local emails are still valid, and useful if you have a really location-specific issue. But even earlier today, I emailed the central concierge, received a response, then received a response a bit later from the BOS concierge.

I have the SFO cell number, and I occasionally send a text, but the last few were all along the lines of "Can you please have my 11 boarding passes waiting at the gate" for Earn Your Wings. So I did that 2-3 times. I don't think I've ever called it.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AC MMSE
pretty much same for me, although getting close to retirement, and if fingers-cross get to 2MM by next year, my urgency will disappear for travel assistance so E75k for life probably sufficient.

And Concierge, like folks are learning with winter weather, are only human, so I hope to do more Slow Traveling soon.

my last post for this Winter as AC 123 ready to launch 90 mins late...

so have good year and hopefully chat some more next Christmas.

best to all...

Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
So I use to be SE a few years ago and then left for United 1K when I was doing a lot of Trans-boarder travel. Last year I was doing international and Canada and decided to switch back. When I use to have SE their were concierge phone numbers for each station. Now it's the 800 number for all. Positive is that you can mostly talk to a concierge 24 hours a day.

My negative is that the only time I generally use the concierge is when something goes wrong. I flew YYZ-ICN in paid J (got to check out the signature suite - really enjoyed it!) and then was heading on to TPE. My admin had changed my flight to a day earlier since YYZ had a travel alert. What she failed to do was make sure the connecting flight to TPE was also changed. And my bad for not verifying. Anyway - landed in ICN and realized that I had 24+ hours to kill. I tried calling the concierge to see if they could help me talk with Eva Air to see if they could move to a day early. After waiting 50 minutes on hold with the Concierge in Toronto I asked if I could speak with the ICN concierge since they were there. This concierge would not speak to me on the phone or meet me. I had to deal with Toronto. After another 45 minutes of waiting I gave up and just stayed the night at ICN.

Now today I've been trying to work with the concierge because my Eva flight for today is missing from my Itinerary. Called the 800 number for the concierge line and it's forwarded to the reservations line where after being on hold for 30 minutes I gave up. Then I sent an email to the concierge and got a reply saying they are too busy to answer right now. In the end I'm just going to take a taxi to the airport early and try to deal with it there. But really disappointed in the lack of service and fact that you can't just speak to a concierge at the airport you are at.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sjhanlon

Now today I've been trying to work with the concierge because my Eva flight for today is missing from my Itinerary. Called the 800 number for the concierge line and it's forwarded to the reservations line where after being on hold for 30 minutes I gave up. Then I sent an email to the concierge and got a reply saying they are too busy to answer right now. In the end I'm just going to take a taxi to the airport early and try to deal with it there. But really disappointed in the lack of service and fact that you can't just speak to a concierge at the airport you are at.
I had a similar situation recently, also because of an itinerary change. It did not occur to me to ask a concierge since at that point I was already at a location where they don't have one. So I dealt directly with reservation. To add insult to injury, this was a leg in Y on a P ticket which I had upgraded using AE miles. I only noticed the issue because the miles had been credited back to my account. In the end, I was able to re-upgrade after they reinstated the leg.

But this AC habit of cancelling some legs when there is an itinerary change is truly annoying.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by sjhanlon
So I use to be SE a few years ago and then left for United 1K when I was doing a lot of Trans-boarder travel. Last year I was doing international and Canada and decided to switch back. When I use to have SE their were concierge phone numbers for each station. Now it's the 800 number for all. Positive is that you can mostly talk to a concierge 24 hours a day.

My negative is that the only time I generally use the concierge is when something goes wrong. I flew YYZ-ICN in paid J (got to check out the signature suite - really enjoyed it!) and then was heading on to TPE. My admin had changed my flight to a day earlier since YYZ had a travel alert. What she failed to do was make sure the connecting flight to TPE was also changed. And my bad for not verifying. Anyway - landed in ICN and realized that I had 24+ hours to kill. I tried calling the concierge to see if they could help me talk with Eva Air to see if they could move to a day early. After waiting 50 minutes on hold with the Concierge in Toronto I asked if I could speak with the ICN concierge since they were there. This concierge would not speak to me on the phone or meet me. I had to deal with Toronto. After another 45 minutes of waiting I gave up and just stayed the night at ICN.

AC flies to TPE now, so maybe the concierge there can help. Ask for the concierge at the checkin desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.