Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC Aventura World MasterCard - 1st Yr Free & 15,000 Points (Sept 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIBC Aventura World MasterCard - 1st Yr Free & 15,000 Points (Sept 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
The link supplied in post #1 is still active, but it states that the bonus is only available up to October 31st.

Not sure if those who signed up in November will be getting the perks...

Anyone speak to CIBC to confirm ?

CC
I activated my card Nov 7, was able to create an online profile the week of Nov 13 (don't remember the day) and the 15,000 +1,000 bonus posted today; 16 days since card activation.

Now time to transfer to AE.....it's not like they've introduced any additional fuel surcharges or anything....
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cruban
Now time to transfer to AE....
Will these transfers count for the current bonus?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:50 pm

^ I thought you'd only be able to transfer from Aventura to Aeoroplan in 10K increments?

Also, having the same - name issue problem in creating my online profile

+ Did anyone receive a flyer in 1st statement of getting additional 15K miles if you book a 5 day caribbean vacation with aventura reward centre? Sounds good but I;m sure it'll cost a fortune lol

oh btw - long time lurker, finally a member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
Will these transfers count for the current bonus?
Yes CIBC is in the Financial Cards section.
http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...01340_Aeroplan

And also yes to California786, only transfers in 10K increments. I need the points to book a reward next week, so will have 6K left in CIBC account.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by california786
^ I thought you'd only be able to transfer from Aventura to Aeoroplan in 10K increments?

Also, having the same - name issue problem in creating my online profile

+ Did anyone receive a flyer in 1st statement of getting additional 15K miles if you book a 5 day caribbean vacation with aventura reward centre? Sounds good but I;m sure it'll cost a fortune lol

oh btw - long time lurker, finally a member
Welcome to your first post on FT!

IIRC remains the case that the points can only be transferred in 10K increments.. the transfer to aerogold so points immediately convert to AE miles is an incentive to transfer the points over and remain a CIBC customer.. by doing so, the transferred member does not receive the 15K sign up for becoming a new aerogold cardholder..
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 am

hey guys - thanks for the above posts.

For some reason I was thinking I'll wait it out till I accumulate 20K and then transfer but who knows if they have this promo next time.

So hopefully once my profile is setup (still name errors - I guess a call to Aventura or CIBC is in order) then I will transfer 10K points from Aventura to Aeroplan to get 2K bonus

Convert your points to... Earn a bonus of...
5,000 Aeroplan Miles 1,000 Aeroplan Miles
10,000 Aeroplan Miles 2,000 Aeroplan Miles
edit: ugh - just noticed has to be done by Dec 12.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:39 pm

Yes CIBC is in the Financial Cards section.
Good to know. Just called and did my transfer. Nothing like free points on free points! Agent said it would take 5-7 business days to post.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:18 pm
alc
Original Poster

Agent said it would take 5-7 business days to post.
I called in on Nov 22 morning (as per my post above) and it was on my AEROPLAN account when I login this morning around 8am:

ACTIVITY DATE....TRANSACTION ACTIVITY...........AMOUNT
---------------- ------------------------------ ------
Nov 22 2011......CIBC AVENTURA POINTS...........10,000
.................TRANSFER - CIBC VISA AEROGOLD

On the other hand, the Marriott transfer that I made on Monday night haven't post yet. The web site show 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't take that long to transfer.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I called in on Nov 22 morning (as per my post above) and it was on my AEROPLAN account when I login this morning around 8am
Excellent. Any idea when the 2000 bonus points will show up?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:01 am

success guys! I was finally able to create the profile used the name on card as supplied to cibc.
Now waiting for the bonus to kick in so I could atleast transfer 10K during the offer
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Excellent. Any idea when the 2000 bonus points will show up?
I'm waiting for mine as well.. was informed on the other FT thread that points clear over a Sunday..

So I'm waiting for my 10,000 bonus points to show and my wife's 1,000 bonus points to show on Sunday.. otherwise I'll be calling in and asking AE about..

Originally Posted by california786
success guys! I was finally able to create the profile used the name on card as supplied to cibc.
Now waiting for the bonus to kick in so I could atleast transfer 10K during the offer
Until December 12th.. maybe double check when the points get posted.. some cards post points after the bill has been closed off for the month.. others post immediately.. I'm not sure about the Aventura MC..
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
So I'm waiting for my 10,000 bonus points to show and my wife's 1,000 bonus points to show on Sunday..

I did a transfer this week (Wed) and my points just posted (Sat night/Sun am)!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:57 pm
Suspended

I did a transfer this week (Wed) and my points just posted (Sat night/Sun am)!
I posted on the other thread as well..

We too received the 10,000 point and 1,000 point bonus respectively today. We did the transfer on Thursday for 50,000 and 5,000 AE points from our gold Amexes..
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by alc
I called in on Nov 22 morning (as per my post above) and it was on my AEROPLAN account when I login this morning around 8am:

ACTIVITY DATE....TRANSACTION ACTIVITY...........AMOUNT
---------------- ------------------------------ ------
Nov 22 2011......CIBC AVENTURA POINTS...........10,000
.................TRANSFER - CIBC VISA AEROGOLD

On the other hand, the Marriott transfer that I made on Monday night haven't post yet. The web site show 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't take that long to transfer.

I'm going on 7 business days and still nothing. Thinking it's time to make a call....
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:18 am
alc
Original Poster

I'm going on 7 business days and still nothing. Thinking it's time to make a call....
Yes, definitely call them. Both my sister and my uncle account also got post with a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.