Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC Aventura World MasterCard - 1st Yr Free & 15,000 Points (Sept 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIBC Aventura World MasterCard - 1st Yr Free & 15,000 Points (Sept 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
The link supplied in post #1 is still active, but it states that the bonus is only available up to October 31st.

Not sure if those who signed up in November will be getting the perks...

Anyone speak to CIBC to confirm ?

CC
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Cruban
I also got the same message, so I called CIBC and they said that its because the account is new; I activated the card yesterday. They told me to wait a few days and try again.
I don't have a CIBC bank account.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I called yesterday and was told the same thing.
I was finally able to create a profile. Thanks for the link rankourabu!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was finally able to create a profile. Thanks for the link rankourabu!
I activated my card a week ago and I still can't create a profile.

Never liked CIBC in the past and they're off to a flying start with me again.....
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain

Never liked CIBC in the past and they're off to a flying start with me again.....
Same here.....
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:58 pm

I called today. The problem was I had a Visa with CIBC about 2 years ago and used the same email address at that time. They had to reset something in order for me to be able to register. I'm on now and I got my 15k points already!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I called today. The problem was I had a Visa with CIBC about 2 years ago and used the same email address at that time. They had to reset something in order for me to be able to register. I'm on now and I got my 15k points already!
Thanks for the heads up.. that the email plays a role whether someone can conveniently apply for the CIBC visa product and get the mileage bonus..

Seems like a few FTers has reapplied for the CIBC visa.. is it generally pretty easy to cancel, reapply, and get the 15K bonuses?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:32 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Seems like a few FTers has reapplied for the CIBC visa.. is it generally pretty easy to cancel, reapply, and get the 15K bonuses?
I had done this many times, but I do it only after 12 months if the old card and the new card is the same card product (i.e. AEROGOLD). If I am changing product, like this time from AEROGOLD to Aventura, I did not care how long it was (in my case only 3 months). From the friend that used to work at CIBC, it is suppose to be 6 months "offically" before you are entitle for the sign up bonus again. I just always play it safe by waiting the full 12 months. Especially I will be using another card anyway. i.e. AEROGOLD to AMEX Gold to AEROGOLD, etc..
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Thanks for the heads up.. that the email plays a role whether someone can conveniently apply for the CIBC visa product and get the mileage bonus..

I had their Aeroplan Visa I think about 2 years ago but didn't have it for long. This is the first Aventura MC I've had. My point balance was showing about 15,500 now it says 0.....uggh! Guess I've got to call them again.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alc
I had done this many times, but I do it only after 12 months if the old card and the new card is the same card product (i.e. AEROGOLD). If I am changing product, like this time from AEROGOLD to Aventura, I did not care how long it was (in my case only 3 months). From the friend that used to work at CIBC, it is suppose to be 6 months "offically" before you are entitle for the sign up bonus again. I just always play it safe by waiting the full 12 months. Especially I will be using another card anyway. i.e. AEROGOLD to AMEX Gold to AEROGOLD, etc..
Sounds pretty reasonable.. so why not cancel and reapply..

Especially now with an MC with CIBC.. you can switch back and forth.. MC covers vendors as well as Visa almost..

I had their Aeroplan Visa I think about 2 years ago but didn't have it for long. This is the first Aventura MC I've had. My point balance was showing about 15,500 now it says 0.....uggh! Guess I've got to call them again.
That's weird that CIBC can pull out the points like that..

Almost have to check the account regularly..
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
I might be in the same boat. Tried tonight to create my profile on the Aventura Rewards site and wasn't able to. Kept getting the "Does not match information provided to CIBC Credit Card Services" that others have reported. Pretty annoyed. Of course they are closed so will call tomorrow to hopefully sort it out. I got the card mid October and activated early November so would've expected the info to be ok by now.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:26 am
alc
Original Poster

Was on the phone with a CIBC agent this morning to transfer my 10K Aventura Points to AEROPLAN for the Convert Promo, and he said that if we ever what to switch to AEROGold, they can convert all the remaining balance to AEROPLAN. The balance can be any amount, i.e. 12,345 will all be convert over. He said this apply to a switch to AEROGold, so not sure if that means you will not get the normal AEROGold sign-up bonus.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by alc
Was on the phone with a CIBC agent this morning to transfer my 10K Aventura Points to AEROPLAN for the Convert Promo, and he said that if we ever what to switch to AEROGold, they can convert all the remaining balance to AEROPLAN. The balance can be any amount, i.e. 12,345 will all be convert over. He said this apply to a switch to AEROGold, so not sure if that means you will not get the normal AEROGold sign-up bonus.
I can confirm this. I did this a couple years ago, and got all my points transferred (I only go the sign-up bonus the first time with the Aventura, not when I switched).
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by alc
He said this apply to a switch to AEROGold, so not sure if that means you will not get the normal AEROGold sign-up bonus.
I've tried to switch other CIBC products to Aeroplan but told I would not get the bonus. The bonus is for new sign-ups only (i.e., you have to apply and be approved for the card).
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
The link supplied in post #1 is still active, but it states that the bonus is only available up to October 31st.
While the landing page is still active, if you click through the 'Apply now' link, this message comes up:

We're Sorry
The time limited promotional offer has expired. Please call 1-800-385-2582 and speak to a CIBC Credit Card Services Representative for assistance.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yvr76
I can confirm this. I did this a couple years ago, and got all my points transferred (I only go the sign-up bonus the first time with the Aventura, not when I switched).
Originally Posted by todd-r
I've tried to switch other CIBC products to Aeroplan but told I would not get the bonus. The bonus is for new sign-ups only (i.e., you have to apply and be approved for the card).
A couple of years ago, I switched from AeroGold for Business, to the Infinite Card..

I didn't get the 15,000 mile bonus, but I did receive a 5,000 AE point token of appreciation..

I would definitely have preferred the 15,000 mile bonus.. I've been an upstanding member for over 10 years on the card.. They could have at least done that for me..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.