Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Allow us to view the codeshare partner's ACTUAL booking class before we commit to a booking?!

I think several of us having been actively feedbacking that we feel misled when buying a Tango Plus fare through AC.com with a Star Alliance codeshare partner, just to learn later that the codeshare partner's booking class give us anywhere from 0 - 70% of mileage only.
at the very least publish a chart with what the equivelant class is on codeshare partners. ie S on AC equals R on SQ or whatever it is.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
S on AC equals R on SQ
I would love to pay for S on AC and sit in R on SQ.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: meh
How about some 4"x8" stickers on the inside of the overhead compartments, in a location where everyone looks while hoisting their bags, that simply say "Wheels first". Heck, even go so far as to make it Canadian and add please to the end. And don't preclude them from J cabin either.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba
I would love to pay for S on AC and sit in R on SQ.
yeah I know the codes are not correct but not very familiar with them anymore.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Let us fast forward thru the commercials, or in the least, once we have watched them once, don’t force us to watch them again, and again, and again…
Not only that, but don't force the commercials through the airplane's PA speakers after the pre-takeoff briefing video is done.

The last couple of minutes as the plane is taxiing out, being configured, and lining up, are the last few minutes of relative silence available before hours in the air. Nervous flyers say their last prayers. Mothers comfort their young. Etc. No need to ruin it with loud and obnoxious advertising for some credit card, or some package delivery service.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: AC*E
aeroplan website AP# entry is annoying. the three boxes make password management unworkable and also make cut'n'paste my number annoying. the bouncing between www1 and www2 is annoying and also screws up password management.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
at the very least publish a chart with what the equivelant class is on codeshare partners. ie S on AC equals R on SQ or whatever it is.
as i understand a conversion table wont work because operating airlines can upsell their booking class even on codeshares without much notification to the selling airline.

For example at $1400 today is Tango Plus W booked on SQ's Q class, tomorrow at $1500 might be N class but still portrayed as Tango Plus W.

We had a live example several months ago where to persons booked a AC codeshare TG fight between NRT-BKK, where the AC booking class is the same but TG's booking class differed.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:48 pm

From what I understand the interline fare class mapping is also route specific. For example, AC W class on flights operated by UA might map to different UA fare classes depending on whether the flight is YVR-LAX or YYZ-LAZ
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:11 am

a few suggestions, in order of importance:

- omg, just put the final price when choosing fares! why mislead ppl with the cheaper fares and then upon the final summary section, surprise them with $200+ of tax!!! i think this is a fair thing to do for consumers if a majority of other airlines do this, especially our neighbours down south!
- allow free upgrades to those with status (AC*SE 1st, AC*E 2nd, and if there are no AC*SE or AC*E on the plane, AC*P should get dibs) on domestic and even trans-border flights. i mean...why leave those business class seats empty when you can occasionally treat an individual who has already been loyal to AC a ride in business every now and then to make them feel appreciated. i think it's a good gesture to maintain customer relations.
- allow for upgrade certificates to be valid for a year after being issued
- or any upgrade certificates issued because of a pre-qualification to become AC*E and AC*SE be given certificates for the upcoming year
- allow volume control of the ads playing everytime you're about to view something on the screen. i often get deafened by the loudness of the ads. lol

i think that's all for now, folks!

*** addition ***
I forgot to add, maybe include cameras that are fit in at the bottom of the airplane and at the top of the wing tip for flyers to watch as the plane takes off, flies, and land. i think it's neat, maybe i'm just a geek.

Last edited by cuto; Sep 23, 2010 at 8:51 am
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
@cuto +1

There is no reason to leave a seat empty if there are SEs and Es in the back. This could also be the perogative of the Flight Attendants. In the past, there have been instances of a FA recognizing me and offering a seat in the front.

Made my day!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Certificates! If the time can be taken to put my name and aeroplan # on a cert and mail it to me, why can't a date be changed to reflect one year after issue?

Canceled flights. This is a big concern of mine. At any one time, I may have the booking references for 4 or 5 canceled flights. The only way to use the amount owing to me is call CSR. This all gets very complicated etc etc etc. Here's a suggestion. Link a "bank" to each aeroplan number. If/when a flight is canceled, the amount of the canceled ticket (MINUS the change fee and other standard deductions) is credited into the "bank". Then later on, I can book a ticket and use some or all of the amount in my "bank". The amounts are not transferable, can only be used on aeroplan.com and aircanada.com and will disappear after one year. It sounds complicated, somewhat, but really it's not much different then how aeroplan points are managed.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Certificates! If the time can be taken to put my name and aeroplan # on a cert and mail it to me, why can't a date be changed to reflect one year after issue?

Canceled flights. This is a big concern of mine. At any one time, I may have the booking references for 4 or 5 canceled flights. The only way to use the amount owing to me is call CSR. This all gets very complicated etc etc etc. Here's a suggestion. Link a "bank" to each aeroplan number. If/when a flight is canceled, the amount of the canceled ticket (MINUS the change fee and other standard deductions) is credited into the "bank". Then later on, I can book a ticket and use some or all of the amount in my "bank". The amounts are not transferable, can only be used on aeroplan.com and aircanada.com and will disappear after one year. It sounds complicated, somewhat, but really it's not much different then how aeroplan points are managed.
again this is just more IT problems with AC! We just need to bring all IT functions on AC from the stone age.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks to the mod(s) for making this thread a sticky and thus giving the suggestion box some prominence,

Hopefully some good ideas will help improve our flying experience.... and that we will in the future enjoy the fruits of our mini think tank.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Make the IFE functional at least 50% of the time...

....I'm just pleasantly surprised when it doesn't crash and have to go through the reset 1/2 hour down time. Last YYZ-YEG flight the cabin lights started to act up during the reset...glaring bright to total darkness all while resetting the IFE.
I'm at less than 50% of flights where it operated without glitches or the need for a reset.
I like offering the J meal to cattle class, it means if I'm sitting up front it guarentees I get what i want and if I'm in the back I can order a hot meal if I like.
My suggestion is a starter cocktail, the meal, and a glass of vino with the meal for $20.00 if sitting in Y.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by cuto
I forgot to add, maybe include cameras that are fit in at the bottom of the airplane and at the top of the wing tip for flyers to watch as the plane takes off, flies, and land. i think it's neat, maybe i'm just a geek.
American Airlines had this years ago on their DC 10.

Also, an audio channel to listen to the pilot talk similar to I think it is channel 9 on United Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.