Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:38 am

slippers!

Personally, I would like some slippers on the flight.

I can't recall where, but I think it may have been some Asian (perhaps Japanese) airlines or Air France executive first, where they had slippers.

I found them to be helpful when going to the bathrooms, or taking a walk in the aircraft, not having to shuffle through my shoes.

Air Canada gives out these blue socks which are okay, but I wouldn't wear those to the aircraft bathrooms ...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aquarius17
Personally, I would like some slippers on the flight.

I can't recall where, but I think it may have been some Asian (perhaps Japanese) airlines or Air France executive first, where they had slippers.

I found them to be helpful when going to the bathrooms, or taking a walk in the aircraft, not having to shuffle through my shoes.

Air Canada gives out these blue socks which are okay, but I wouldn't wear those to the aircraft bathrooms ...
+1

I believe NH and OZ provide slippers in business class.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
How about some eye shades for the domestic red eye flights?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
How about releasing just a little award availability from YVR to YYZ in March? 12 non stops a day, and basically there is zero availability for the entire month in any class.

Oh wait, update. AC just release a whole bunch for the first half of March, but zero awards released for the last two weeks of March.

Last edited by SFOTurtle; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
I have a suggestion. Why not tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... I realize there will be significant blow back from Marketing and Top Tier departments so maybe just start with one day per week, say Truth Telling Tuesdays, where for one whole day we get from AC and AP the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
How about releasing just a little award availability from YVR to YYZ in March? 12 non stops a day, and basically there is zero availability for the entire month in any class.

Oh wait, update. AC just release a whole bunch for the first half of March, but zero awards released for the last two weeks of March.
AC will generally release flights last minute to Aeroplan if they're wide open, as it's better for them to get something from Aeroplan than let the planes fly empty. You'll likely see the last 2 weeks of March open by now (assuming AC hasn't filled the seats).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AC-E
Broken-down receipt / itinerary for Flight pass credits

My employer doesn't like the current "flight pass credit statement" which makes reimbursement of flight pass credits for business travel complicated. The best option at the moment is to call AC reservations, wait your way through the loop and provide an agent with the booking reference who can then send you the receipt. A loss of time on both my and his/her part -- AC, plz make it possible to download the receipt / itinerary for each booking reference at aircanada.com

(On the other hand, probably not everybody is aware of the possibility to receive the broken-down receipt for flight pass credits in the first place... so hopefully this post also helps some FT members)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
AC will generally release flights last minute to Aeroplan if they're wide open, as it's better for them to get something from Aeroplan than let the planes fly empty. You'll likely see the last 2 weeks of March open by now (assuming AC hasn't filled the seats).
Are you sure? I thought it was sort of accepted that AC does NOT release seats at the last moment like some of the other airlines do.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 1:11 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Are you sure? I thought it was sort of accepted that AC does NOT release seats at the last moment like some of the other airlines do.
Sorry, let me clarify - I don't know this for a fact.

I'm only speaking from experience, on the YVR YYZ route.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC A50K
My suggestion for AC

Stop trying to race to the bottom.

AC needs to stop focusing on being a low cost carrier. I know I do not want to fly on one.

I want my airline to be a quality airline. I am willing to pay a reasonable fare for a ride on a plane which has:
IFE at every seat
Power at every seat
is clean
Has a crew who genuinely enjoys thier job
A comfortable experience in Y, and a refined service in J
reasonable on time performance (weather excluded, this is Canada)

I want the frequent flyer program to reward loyalty. some personalized discount codes, good lounges, the odd upgrade. I do not feel the need to gather millions of non-status miles like a chipmunk gathering nuts for winter. Every offer of 50000 miles for signing up for a new credit card simply devalues the points I have already collected from flying.

Stop it with the T- fares. If T+ fares can be discounted by $5 for opting out of collecting miles for the flight, then why is the difference between T+ and T- way more than $5? (Choosing a seat is all done online, zero cost to airlines, changeable tickets? people buying low fares dont make changes often, business people on latitude fares make changes, if I buy a ticket, I am flying that itinnerry.)

I want to fly with a large company which has lots of capacity in the event of IROPS. A company which has a large and good ground staff to help deal with problembs that arise during travels (I was delayed last year on an AC flight, I was met at the gate when we landed, they handed me a hotel voucher, breakfast voucher and a boarding pass for the next available flight, Perfect!)

Can we in Canada not run an airline better than our american counterparts? (seriously, flying in the US on domestic routes resembles travelling by bus moreso than by aircraft)

AC needs to sort it'self out. If that means a shake-up at all levels, then so be it. Management needs to take better care of thier employees, employees need to be happy they have a job. This is not meant as a swipe at one side or the other. I feel that there are individuals and groups on both sides in this who are at fault.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum, etc.
I obviously fly a lot (mostly international) and find that weight control, getting rest, and general health are my most serious problems when traveling. I actually choose hotels partly for their food options, i.e. the healthier the better. This can be INCREDIBLY difficult; I'm not trying to avoid all food, just things with low nutritional value.

I have tried the low-salt meal option in J and it has come out with little-no flavour. I cook without salt (albiet on the ground), I love spice, and I know that food with flavour but without salt is definitely possible.

I would suggest AC implement a 'fitter flyer' meal option which focuses on whole grains (if any), vitamins via vegetables and fruit, smallish portions of lean protein, low-carb and no salt.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:27 pm

Could they carry a pepper grinder so that we can have fresh cracked pepper on meals in J. Maybe even a Parmesan cheese mill for the salads?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan
Airport Upgrade List

Not sure if it's been suggested before (I did a "Search") but how about publishing an Airport Upgrade List which could be viewed on the airport departure gate screens or online at aircanada.com like many other airlines are doing. It should stem the hovering we see with borderline pestering of the Gate Agent.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:17 pm

If I'm going to be on hold for 30 or 40 or 50 minutes, would it be so hard to just let me know my place in line?

Edit: Stop telling me that an "agent will be with me shortly" if that's just not going to be true.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:12 am

Location: YYC; would like to return to living in SIN (or PER)
Programs: SQ KF, QFF
Originally Posted by mabramovich
If I'm going to be on hold for 30 or 40 or 50 minutes, would it be so hard to just let me know my place in line?

Edit: Stop telling me that an "agent will be with me shortly" if that's just not going to be true.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.