Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE (8+ years) + 1MM
Delayed baggage

First post, so apologize if this has been suggested already...

I know as a SE it is against the rules to have checked bags, but I must confess on occasion this has happened.

In one situation last year, one of 2 checked bags did not accompany me to YYZ from YVR. I had to wait for over an hour for all the bags to come out, only to receive one of two bags. I told Baggage Services that I was missing the 2nd bag. the agent punched in my baggage claim number and I was informed it was on the following flight from YVR.

I asked the agent, why not have AC send me a text or email that the bag was not coming and to see Baggage Services as soon as I landed? What a great service I exclaimed! I could have saved a 1/2 hour or more.

The funny thing, he said "how could we do that?"

(I'm an IT person - it is DEAD simple)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum, etc.
Ranking of these suggestions

Would be nice on this thread to have a way to 'like' a particular suggestion. This would allow mods / readers to view most popular and sort out whether 'taking pictures of the lounge showers' is a suggestion we all agree on, as well as what really is a common suggestion.

My suggestion is to make meal options in J healthier generally - because my personal issue is not gaining more weight on a four-week business trip. I order the low-fat / low-salt meal when it's available and sometimes it's decent and sometimes it's steamed veg, which doesn't appeal to me, you could say.

I think it's an excellent point (above, post 4,676 ? ) that AC or Aeroplan may not actually read or give a toot about this thread however....apologies for the cynicism.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:29 pm

They should have a bag track application or web site where people could check right away. That would make life much simpler.

Don't worry thou it gets MORE FUN once they find your bag.

I was flying using United and my bag never followed me from Chicago (ORD). They promised to deliver it the next day. It was then LOST in Montreal (YUL) for 2 days once it landed.... What happened? I had a Special Elite On my bag so when it was waiting over night an Air Canada Agent took it to their Baggage Delivery service but they never delivered it because they never got orders from Air Canada to deliver it. United had no idea where it went and by luck they found it 2 days later. So don't think that is the only problem with the system.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:02 pm

Just close the whole operation down. Running an airline properly is too difficult for Canadians. PS I am a Canadian.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by accha
Would be nice on this thread to have a way to 'like' a particular suggestion. This would allow mods / readers to view most popular and sort out whether 'taking pictures of the lounge showers' is a suggestion we all agree on, as well as what really is a common suggestion.

My suggestion is to make meal options in J healthier generally - because my personal issue is not gaining more weight on a four-week business trip. I order the low-fat / low-salt meal when it's available and sometimes it's decent and sometimes it's steamed veg, which doesn't appeal to me, you could say.

I think it's an excellent point (above, post 4,676 ? ) that AC or Aeroplan may not actually read or give a toot about this thread however....apologies for the cynicism.
I created this a few years ago

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...nofficial.html

http://aircanada.uservoice.com/forums/8148-general

Maybe we should bring it back as an official way to prioritize Top-tier Feedback for the 2012 program, and sign our names to it as X number of P/E/SEs?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
[...]

Maybe we should bring it back as an official way to prioritize Top-tier Feedback for the 2012 program, and sign our names to it as X number of P/E/SEs?
I'd be up for that if the AC staff person who started this thread thought it was meaningful. My cynical hat says that AC will just look through this existing thread and throw out 99% of it regardless of what we say, and then find a way to overcharge for the 1% acceptable idea.

But perhaps I'm too dark when it comes to AC.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: AC QR WS*P
1. I have been flying AC for quite a few years since the IFE went to seat back, and the games function has never worked. Either get rid of it and quit teasing me, or make it work. Delta has a trivia game that works between passengers, spent hours playing it between SLC-JFK and SLC-OGG, great fun, especially if you can see the other passengers you are playing against.

2. On the AC website, trying to find out your eUpgrade status is quite painful, after you sign in you have to go through four pages before you can see what your account status is at, and it is not an intuitive process to get there.

3. The page that shows you how many credits you have is confusing, until you select that you want to view your last 12 months of transactions. Then it is slightly less, but not by much.

4. Expiration date and date of issue of credits puts a crunch on the early part of the year. Right now I have an account of 32 (including 20 that came from threshold), and by the end of the year I will pass two more thresholds, giving me an additional 30 (62 total), I plan on using an additional 16 this year so at the end of the year I will end up with a surplus of 46 that I can't use. What is the point in giving me 20 extra credits on December 13th? On top of all that, in October I will be getting another set of round trip YHZ-PEK or ICN tickets (for travel between March and May) that I can't upgrade until I get next year's credits. I like the idea of credits expiring a year after issue, but even threshold credits expiring in May/June after the regular 2011 year expires would be helpful. That way you can have a longer lead on your upgrade request with less chance of being waitlisted.

Update: I just looked at my eUpgrade credits, and lo and behold, it is right at the top of the eUpgrade credits page, not just at the bottom any more.

Last edited by kelapstick; Oct 18, 2011 at 11:39 pm Reason: update
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by accha
I'd be up for that if the AC staff person who started this thread thought it was meaningful. My cynical hat says that AC will just look through this existing thread and throw out 99% of it regardless of what we say, and then find a way to overcharge for the 1% acceptable idea.

But perhaps I'm too dark when it comes to AC.
FYI airbus320 is not an AC employee. I pay for all travel....although it is now Tango for domestic.

and I agree with you that this thread is a waste of bandwith as far as AC involvement.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
get rid of the French language announcements and go English only. Would make 99% of the pax happier.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, KLM, Starwood, Hilton
Suggestion YYZ to STL

The flight time from YYZ to STL is quite poor.

AC operates the only direct flight.

The morning flight gets me to the office at about noon, which means going in the night before is essential. The evening flight leaves YYZ at 4:20pm which effectively means the best part of Sunday is spent travelling.

Would it be possible to move the flight time earlier in the morning and the other flight later at night?

Thanks,
YYZPoints
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC*E
Only do announcements in french to get rid of the rednecks.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Z-man
get rid of the French language announcements and go English only. Would make 99% of the pax happier.
Unfortunately this is not up to the airline itself. http://www.ocol-clo.gc.ca/html/act_loi_e.php
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by drdrma
Only do announcements in french to get rid of the rednecks.
+1 !!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Z-man
Canada is a bilingual country and Air Canada as Canada's flagship carrier has the responsability to provide service on both languages. 1/3 of Canadians speak French as their first language and it would be completely irresponsible and discriminatory to provide service in only one language. How would you feel if you were on a flight within Canada and the entire crew would only talk to you in French?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by drdrma
Only do announcements in french
I guess many would agree with this. I think a reasonable compromise would be: Announcements in French on flights to/from/within Quebec. On all other flights: Announcements in English (and the language of the destination) only.

How many people can there be on YVR-YYJ who can only speak French?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.