Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

User Voice: Vote/Submit ideas for Air Canada (Unofficial)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Since the AC Upgrades wiki has been well-used, I thought I'd try out creating another 'Web 2.0' type tool for us to use. This time, to provide a forum for us to democratically share and vote on ideas for Air Canada & Aeroplan to think about.

With the same concept as Dell's IdeaStorm and My Starbucks Idea, I bring you...

The Unofficial Air Canada Customer Feedback site!
http://aircanada.uservoice.com/

I've seeded it with four of my burning desires - and one for all of those posting "should I really fly just to get the 99, 400, 3000, or 50000 miles I need for P/E/SE?" - a clear answer from AC/AE on what the leeway actually is to save us all some stress.

Once we get some volume of votes & ideas up there, I'll send it to Rupert, and I'm sure the word will get around within AC too...
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Gold - Hyatt Plat - Nexus
I like the idea ^

Regarding a clear leeway to reach status, that is self defeating because that would effectively and officially mean lowering the bar (and people will start asking for a leeway on the leeway).
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: aeroplan SE
Nice site mikeyyz. Where is the AC Upgrade wiki you mentioned? I found a *A upgrade info page - is that the one? Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yyz2fra-shuttle
Nice site mikeyyz. Where is the AC Upgrade wiki you mentioned? I found a *A upgrade info page - is that the one? Thanks!
http://acupgrades.wikispaces.com/

Also - on the point re: leeway, I kind of agree, but I think if it was something like 1% (1,000 on SE, 350 on E, 250 on P) it could be standardized and a nice reward for those of us legitimately short by a tiny bit, and then still be able to review other requests on a case-by-case basis. People will argue for extra leeway no matter what you do, but someone flying 99,680 miles shouldn't have to (or it would be nice for them not to have to) deal with an extra flight in December just because of some small hiccup in calculations or miles awarded.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Machdiamond
I like the idea ^

Regarding a clear leeway to reach status, that is self defeating because that would effectively and officially mean lowering the bar (and people will start asking for a leeway on the leeway).
Amen. As far as I'm concerned the level is the level and there should be NO leeway. Either make it or don't.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Amen. As far as I'm concerned the level is the level and there should be NO leeway. Either make it or don't.
I second that.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I third that.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Fourth it!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:12 am

There may be strong opposition to official leeway on status miles, but the other items on this site sound interesting too, so I'm bumping this thread to gather some more votes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.