Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lostinthewash
These days it seems like everyone and their uncle is an E ... 35,000 miles is a couple of NA flights and a couple of international fights, and you're done. Is there any consideration to raising the threshold? - say 50,000 - so it's more meaningful for those that make it? (again, so I don't get my head taken off by the Es out there, I have only been doing 40,000 -ish so I wouldn't have qualified this year had the limit been 50,000)
I´m not sure I agree. I think 35k is indeed a very attractive threshold, but not necessarily too low. Remember that there are many flyers out there who do a lot of domestic flights, but book T fares and therefore earn zero status miles.

I think what AC could work on is providing incentives for:

a) flying AC versus other *A carriers (the lifetime status program is a great start)

b) flying AC after requalifying for E (when SE is not achievable), e.g. at the beginning of the year I thought I would make SE, but my plans changed, so by the end of the year I will have flown about 60k miles on AC metal. The next threshold is 75k where I´d get 2 SSWUs, a great incentive, if the certs didn´t expire 2 months after I crossed that threshold. Now if the certs were valid for one year (or at least 6 months); I´d probably make a leisure weekend trip West Coast - Europe.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:26 pm
Suspended

How about doing something the entire industry should have done. When you advertise a fare then charge that price. Don't quote 'one way', don't have an out where taxes, fees and surcharges are extra. Just show me a fare I can actually purchase.

This isn't directed at AC either, its an industry PITA. But it would be refreshing if someone actually started to do it. The fear factor that companies have of "customers will think we are overpriced" should be weighed against "customers are not a bunch of idiots"
Old Oct 23, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
EU legislation requires airlines' advertised prices to be all-in, you cannot exclude taxes, fees or surcharges.

US and Canadian governments are certainly empowered (if not motivated) to enact similar legislation.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by tomh009

US and Canadian governments are certainly empowered (if not motivated) to enact similar legislation.
The Canadian goverment has passed legislation to require all inclusive airline pricing...they have just failed to enact it.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:23 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Show Status Miles when you buy

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Allow us to view the codeshare partner's ACTUAL booking class before we commit to a booking?!

I think several of us having been actively feedbacking that we feel misled when buying a Tango Plus fare through AC.com with a Star Alliance codeshare partner, just to learn later that the codeshare partner's booking class give us anywhere from 0 - 70% of mileage only.
Air Canada:

It is VERY frustrating for Asia Pacific Travellers on AC when you purchase a ticket on www.aircanada.com, only to discover that your code share segments on SQ do not apply for any status miles. Conversely, UA segments on the YVR-HKG-SIN always accure mileage. The gate agents that check you in in HKG and SIN don't seem to know or be able to tell you when you present your card for check in either. AC: please post the status miles on the website when you buy your ticket!!!

World Traveller 73.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:14 pm

Change the confirmed same-day functionality on ac.com during OLCI. Instead of showing only the next 2 available flights, it would be good if the website showed all avaliable options for flight changes for the day. Yesterday I needed to change to a later flight, but OLCI would not give me this option. I had to run out to the airport to make the change and then g back to work
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:40 am

I agree with an AI price. When AC quotes a sale of YYZ LHR YYZ as 209 each way it ends up at 1100?
I have been on LH TATL due to price the last 2 trips. Ihave 3 more this year and all LH or CO.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
A suggestion. Use a larger type font; your clients are getting older. For example, on my ticket and boarding pass the information I need to read, flight, time, seat, is in small font, and the Air Canada emblem in large font. I know I am using AC but it is inconvenient to have to dig out my reading glasses with my hands full of luggage, tickets, passport, to check flight and seat number. This just an example, there are many other instances where larger fonts make sense for us visually impaired seniors (the screen font on the credit card reader for onboard purchases, in flight menus, etc). Maybe hard to do as a fix but something to keep in mind in future versions.
Ditto (larger fonts) on the e-ticket

Copy / licence Air New Zealand's "My e-ticket" format.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Spot planes
Ditto (larger fonts) on the e-ticket

Copy / licence Air New Zealand's "My e-ticket" format.
you would have hated the aeroplan cards a few years back! WOW the # on the back were small.

Also AC customers are getting older... and so is the flight crew!
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by why fly
Also AC customers are getting older... and so is the flight crew!
That's why you prefer UA, who has only cute young FAs in their 20s and 30s on long-haul flights, right?

Get real, the granny club exists on any North American carrier.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Lounge access and use

Right now I'm in the Transborder lounge in YYZ. There's one fellow and his mate sitting about 20 feet away. Let's just say the use of the F-sharp is quite distinct!
Behind me sits a family of 4 or 5. They were in lounge earlier and each had soup etc. They then left. 20 minutes later, they're back with pizzas and burgers and sandwiches oh my! The lounge agent obviously let them in. The staff responsible have already had a chat with them about this not being allowed.

So...here's my suggestion to Air Canada. Upon receivership or renewal of Elite/SE, each member is asked print a page that outlines the rules of the lounge. Each member MUST then make a pdf of the signed document and attach it to their aeroplan/air canada profile. NO lounge access until the document is part of their profile. Then, when these people say they "DONT KNOW THE RULES", the lounge staff can quickly call up the pdf and show them their signature. Problem solved!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Right now I'm in the Transborder lounge in YYZ. There's one fellow and his mate sitting about 20 feet away. Let's just say the use of the F-sharp is quite distinct!
Behind me sits a family of 4 or 5. They were in lounge earlier and each had soup etc. They then left. 20 minutes later, they're back with pizzas and burgers and sandwiches oh my! The lounge agent obviously let them in. The staff responsible have already had a chat with them about this not being allowed.

So...here's my suggestion to Air Canada. Upon receivership or renewal of Elite/SE, each member is asked print a page that outlines the rules of the lounge. Each member MUST then make a pdf of the signed document and attach it to their aeroplan/air canada profile. NO lounge access until the document is part of their profile. Then, when these people say they "DONT KNOW THE RULES", the lounge staff can quickly call up the pdf and show them their signature. Problem solved!
I'd say the same should be done for those "buying" into the lounge via credit card, online purchase, etc. I could have really done without the guy in the YHZ lounge yesterday who thought it was quite alright to throw a ball around the lounge to play catch with his lap dog.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by igloocoder
I'd say the same should be done for those "buying" into the lounge via credit card, online purchase, etc. I could have really done without the guy in the YHZ lounge yesterday who thought it was quite alright to throw a ball around the lounge to play catch with his lap dog.
Didn't know that YHZ had a lounge that big!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by nowinyow
I would think the bigger concern would be that their is so little food in the lounge that a family needs to bring in food from outside. At least when they enforce a rule like this at the movies there stuff available inside.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
That's why you prefer UA, who has only cute young FAs in their 20s and 30s on long-haul flights, right?

Get real, the granny club exists on any North American carrier.
One of the CO FAs told me recently that the oldest UA FA was in her mid-80s -- and they're not retiring since UA cancelled their pension plan in chapter 11. I think UA may have some of the oldest FA crews in the US, and they aren't getting any younger.

At least AC FAs are able to retire when they get to retirement age.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.