Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320
Make the upgrade certs valid for one year from date of issuance.
^
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by YQMer
Have a way that I can access all bookings associated with my Aeroplan # (i.e. aircanada.com bookings, Aeroplan bookings and AC Flight Pass bookings) without having to load and toggle through three separate windows.
Add to that, reservations made by a TA, very difficult to manage these, as you must deal with the TA for even the simplest things, totally unreated to revenue.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
Make Upgrade Certs electronic!!!
This should be the ONLY suggestion this year.

Come-on.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by getaround
This should be the ONLY suggestion this year.

Come-on.
While I agree that electronic certs should get a very high priority on the AC "to do" list, we should not discount the other good suggestions.

Surely AC can implement more than one improvement per year.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Boarding Call on your Phone / PDA

From a technical point I can see a few hurdles in implementing this but can you imagine getting a notification on your phone / PDA that your flight has started boarding. You would know exactly when to leave the lounge.

How many times have you left the lounge in order to arrive at the gate for the published boarding time only to stand around and wait...
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I am not sure if this is an Air Canada or Aeroplan responsibility... Not that it matters much as probably 90%+ of the flying public think Air Canada and Aeroplan are one and the same.

Why can we not have access to an ANA type comprehensive reward seat search tool - even if the available seats cannot be booked online???

A tool like this would greatly enhance the customer service aspect of finding reward seats as well as save a ton of agents time.

And BTW - I do think customer service in general on Air Canada has improved greatly in the last year or so!!!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Please eliminate any further disappointments with non-earning booking classes on AC codeshare flights by always crediting the flights as they were booked and paid for rather than as they were operated by the codeshare partner. Works very well throughout the Oneworld alliance, so it can be done.

Alternatively make sure that the corresponding booking class of the operating carrier earns the same mileage as the AC codeshare fare class would on an AC operated flight.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Air Canada should have a person assigned to reading the FT forum similar to LHRELATE on the Lufthansa forum.

Michelle was the Lufthansa point person to resolve issues identified on the FT forum. She always resolved issues and questions very quickly although I believe LH never publically acknowledged her position.

Michelle recently resigned and LH is about to be replace her with someone else.

Just take a quick peek at this thread to see how much her service was appreciated by the LH FT folks:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-lhrelate.html

I know Andrew does a little bit of this but probably could use some help!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: meh
Two suggestions from me.

1) The IFE needs improvement on two fronts. First it needs to work consistently across all aircraft types (yes, I mean the moving map). Second, it needs to either have the content advertised (i.e. CBC News) or not have it advertised in the UI. Although I've only had it happen once, it would be nice not to have to worry about the IFE having to be rebooted mid flight/show.

2) The Manage My Bookings part of AC.com is frustrating when flight schedules change. I have more than one booking in there right now that shows 2 (and up to 4 in one case) entries for the same flight. My currently booked HKG-ICN flight shows something like 22hrs duration which I'm pretty sure means we're being barged from one airport to the other. In all seriousness though, the multiple entires is difficult when you're trying to determine if an upgrade has cleared. I have 3 entries for a YYZ-SFO trip 2 show booking class 'B' and one shows 'R', yet the one that shows 'R' is the pre-change schedule. What are you to believe?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
Seat blocking please.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AC*SE
Either do not offer so many special meal choices, or serve what is ordered! I cannot stand getting a vegan meal (VGML) every time I order a lacto-ovo meal (VLML).
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by PharOut
Either do not offer so many special meal choices, or serve what is ordered! I cannot stand getting a vegan meal (VGML) every time I order a lacto-ovo meal (VLML).
It is tough being a SE with VLML needs. Especially breakfast where the eggs come with sausage. Have had to remove the offending sausage. VLML means just that, not VGML.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I made AC aware of this suggestion box through 2 senior management contacts.

It remains to be seen what comes of these suggestions.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:04 pm

I'll keep this simple:
- OLCI from Seattle.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
1MM rules. and all of the above suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.