Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:52 pm

a few years back in the MLL you could get pastries and fresh fruit sliced. I appreciated that and it was a good breakfast before an early flight. I would like to see it return as well as stop selling access to everyone that flashes a dime.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC Elite,Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by skofz
I'll keep this simple:
- OLCI from Seattle.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: AC E50K
Make the moving map function work all the time

Improve/increase AVOD content (more movies, change selections more often, CBC News, etc)

Turn the ad volume down

Bring back the restaurant style meal service and bigger main course portion in J. I hated the casserole dish where the vegetable always overcooked. (The main reason I do not fly CX J)

Aim the overhead reading light properly. Replace halogen lamp with LED (both are 12V).

Clean the seat back pocket (I often found gum or other garbage in it, esp domestic flights)

Advertise and quote all in fare (like the airlines in Australia)

Last edited by Spot planes; Sep 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
commercials only once

Let us fast forward thru the commercials, or in the least, once we have watched them once, don’t force us to watch them again, and again, and again…
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Fuel Surcharge

I believe that the cost of fuel should be part of the base fare, not a surcharge. Given the new reality of fuel costs the surcharge should be eliminated.

This leads to the additional costs associated with an Aeroplan booking. I understand why AE/AC wants to add a fuel surcharge but it no longer holds water.

Will AC/AE get to the point for reward travel where any flight is $10 plus surcharges and taxes so that AE rewards will effectively be worth only $10 because you need to pay the same taxes and surcharges?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by airbus320
Make the upgrade certs valid for one year from date of issuance.
May be at least start issuing 2011 upgrade cert. in November 2010!

Edit to add:

It's "annoying" to receive threshold cert. in December that expires at the end of February of the following year with just a little over 2 months to use them! Alternatively, offer "extension cert." with the next year's package to be used with the 2010 cert. in 2011 as a "belated replacement" for the discontinued re-qualification bonus points!

Last edited by Clipper801; Sep 17, 2010 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Consider giving COS status miles for Last Minute Upgrade purchases.

Last edited by airbus320; Sep 17, 2010 at 11:33 am Reason: clarity
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by skofz
I'll keep this simple:
- OLCI from Seattle.
OLCI from any United managed city (RDU is another good example)

I'm sure people would be happy using United's online check-in if we could!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by airbus320
Consider giving status miles for Last Minute Upgrade purchases.
You mean COS? I agree.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, RBC Avion
Few suggestions

1.) When booking online make the 'fares' shown total fares.... $159 + 600 in fees is not a 'sale' -- almost all other countries / airlines do this!

2.) May be technically challenging, but FFs should be allowed to 'login' to the IFE using their Aeroplan # to skip commercials and the other crap associated with the IFE -- we already spend enough money on AC, no need to pay the advertisers again!

3.) More / Faster content additions on the IFE -- I fly 12-20 times a month. I've already watched all of the movies!

4.) Maintain current system of upgrades, but allow op-ups based on status when J is not full (e.g., people will certificates still take priority if registered according to status), but add-in the option for AC to upgrade FFs if J class is not full, regardless of fare class!

5.) Easier / better use of mobile boarding passes (like the German system!)

6.) Faster / better notification of delayed flights (e.g., it should be clear if a plane departing BOS at 6:30pm hasn't left YYZ by 5:00pm there is no way we're getting out on time!)

7.) Always honour the "Priority" security lane - been through international terminal at YYZ umpteen times where non-FFs were in the priority lane. Just last week I saw a woman with SCISSORS in her carry-on! And a knife! In the priority lane! We earn the status, respect it!

8.) Es / SEs should be granted 4 SSWUs so it is relatively easy to upgrade you and a spouse on the same flight

9.) Give those who don't use the flight pass option of SE / E other options / benefits

10.) Despite all these suggestions I think the improvements and overall quality of service still beats any other North American airline and most European ones! However, AC should continue to strive to become a truly world-class airline by making improvements ever year!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Improve the ability to see all our booking on aircanada.ca let us upgrade online and book seats, upgrade, etc. if it has an aeroplan # on the file we should be able to see it online.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan BA Blue
Re-introduce nonstop from YYZ to GLA

AC should resume flights from YYZ to GLA - this non-stop route was a good service. Only current alternative is Air Transat or via LHR or AMS.

They used to fly this route daily and the loads were high.

Bubba
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Preferred Seating

AC should open up free access to Preferred Seating for travelling companions of SE's who are not on the same PNR. Also, preferred seating should be opened up in instances where non-status business class rewards are downgraded because of equipment change.

Last edited by YQMer; Sep 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm Reason: .
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Exclamation End of week BLACKOUTS of ClassicFlight rewards on Jazz regional flights

I have been an Aeroplan member since 1996, which coincides with the year that I moved to northern British Columbia to the little town of Smithers. During the intervening 15 years I have flown Air Canada almost exclusively, flying with AC Jazz to Vancouver, sometimes as my final destination, but often as the first leg of a journey elsewhere. I have averaged 4 flights per year on the YYD-YVR route using Aeroplan ClassicFlight reward bookings, so needless to say I have become extremely familiar with typical ClassicFlight reward availability patterns. In the past, there have usually been 5 seats available per flight as a ClassicFlight reward option, which is roughly 10% of the total seating capacity of a Dash 8 turboprop.

In the last four months though, I have observed that ClassicFlight reward availability is being released selectively based upon the day of the week. Specifically, the usual number of seats are being released on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday flights, while almost no seats are being released on Thursday, Friday and Saturday flights. Specifically, when I consult the availability calendar searching for a single ClassicFlight reward seat from YYD-YVR over the next 350 days, here are the results for the September 19, 2010 - September 4, 2011 timeline:

Number of Sundays, Mondays, or Tuesdays on which there is at least one ClassicFlight reward seat available on either the YYD-YVR AM or PM flight:
135 (90% of days)

Number of Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays on which there is at least one ClassicFlight reward seat available on either the YYD-YVR AM or PM flights:
4 (3% of days)

I spoke with a supervisor at Aeroplan today, and she indicated that Air Canada (and by extension Aeroplan) is under no obligation to release any ClassicFlight rewards on any particular flight, but that they release seat inventory in any manner they choose, such that they achieve a certain total target volume of ClassicFlight rewards on a given route PER MONTH.

As per the Aeroplan Terms & Conditions found on the Aeroplan web site, it specifically states that there are no blackout dates:

"15. There are no blackout periods on Aeroplan reward travel with Air Canada and Air Canada Jazz. Aeroplan rewards on all other airlines are subject to blackout periods. For more details, view the airline reward charts or call the Aeroplan Contact Centre."

However, I believe that this pattern effectively IS a blackout, not of a date range, but rather of a portion of the week. I have verified that the same phenomenon is occurring on other regional routes as well, to destinations such as Prince Rupert and Terrace. In addition, just to double-check that it isn't just a case of all the ClassicFlight rewards having already been booked, I have verified with Aeroplan staff that there never were any ClassicFlight rewards available on a sampling of Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays that I asked them to check for me.

The existence of such patterns of availability are probably not as discernible on routes served by larger aircraft, so we probably don't know to what extent Air Canada and Aeroplan are employing "reward availability shaping" to borrow a phrase. But I find this trend frustrating, to the point of making me reevaluate my loyalty to Air Canada and the Aeroplan program. I recently was forced to use some of my scarce Airmiles to make a booking for a trip several months away that I couldn't find any availability of Aeroplan ClassicFlight rewards within a few days of my desired Friday departure.

So, Air Canada & Aeroplan, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I find this pattern of not releasing end of the week ClassicFlight reward seats on regional routes to be quite objectionable, and quite possibly in direct violation of your own stated terms and conditions regarding blackouts. Please look into this for us.

To my fellow FTers, are you seeing this trend on other routes that Air Canada serves? If so, does it bother you? Do you have any insights for me as to channels of communication with Aeroplan and Air Canada that I can use to have my concerns about this pattern heard?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by smokie
To my fellow FTers, are you seeing this trend on other routes that Air Canada serves? If so, does it bother you? Do you have any insights for me as to channels of communication with Aeroplan and Air Canada that I can use to have my concerns about this pattern heard?
well said... also follow up with an email to president of Air Canada. [email protected]

the real way to get change is to stop flying the airline. if enough people do it AC will have to change. or you will have a West jet flight from your town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.