Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012 | 5:43 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
Did this really just happen?

Posted the other day regarding standing by on Singapore airlines for a same day earlier flight

So I called Aeroplan instead and told them that they failed to make one change on my ticket the other day ( I actually did pay a change fee for a different routing change on this ticket).

The Aeroplans agents response?

I'm sorry let me make that change for you which he did and did not charge the $90. Per person change fee.

Now in my warped mind I didn't consider this as being dishonest because I did pay one change fee I just failed to tell this agent that the reason the second change was never made was because I never asked them too at the time.

It was an omission not a fib
Old Aug 4, 2012 | 6:11 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
LOL ^
Old Aug 4, 2012 | 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by mboca28
Posted the other day regarding standing by on Singapore airlines for a same day earlier flight

So I called Aeroplan instead and told them that they failed to make one change on my ticket the other day ( I actually did pay a change fee for a different routing change on this ticket).

I'm sorry let me make that change for you which he did and did not charge the $90. Per person change fee.

Now in my warped mind I didn't consider this as being dishonest because I did pay one change fee I just failed to tell this agent that the reason the second change was never made was because I never asked them too at the time.

LOL I like that reasoning. Never worked for me though
Old Aug 5, 2012 | 2:50 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Misposted in the FAQ thread, so this seems like a better venue.

Constructing a mRTW and was wondering what the timing is for connections within the same country (other than in North America)... I know in the US/Canada it tends to be 3 hours, anything above that and it's a stopover.

EG. Is KIX-NRT (23 hour layover)-LAX, or must it be KIX-NRT (3-4 hours or next available)-LAX?

Any info is appreiciated.
In my experience, all connections in a mini-RTW that less than 24 hours, incl NA connections, are not considered stopovers.
Old Aug 5, 2012 | 12:25 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hello everyone,
after booking a quite simple mini-RTW I am looking into booking a more complicated one in F(hopefully). Just wanted some help regarding rules/MPM as I am not too familiar with them...

Using Expert Flier, I found YEG-ICN 5MPM is 13473 and YEG-SIN being 14315.

If I wanted SIN to be my final destination, would YEG-ZRH(Stop)-ICN(Stop)-SIN be valid? Or is that backtracking? using GCmaps the miles for that is 13020, so under MPM...

If I were to have ICN be my final destination, YEG-ZRH-SIN-ICN is 13980... a little over 500 miles over MPM+5(according to GC Maps)...What are my options?

And for both routings, can I route back going Atlantic? My last one was flying TPAC and since I am looking for F I would love to try a couple different products... And if I could, how can I find a routing? Do I look for different city pairs and see if there is space available and a flight that leaves the city under 24 hours making it a layover? All the routings on AE if I look up ICN-YEG is of course showing me only TPAC routes, with SIN-YEG showing me TPAC routes except a SIN-LHR-YEG(On AC J) which I definitely do not want. I use Expert Flyer, ANA, FLISEA and AE website to look up routings. Currently do not use KVS as it is too confusing...

I would be fine with SIN-Europe-YEG or ICN-Europe-YEG if that is allowed, do not care really which city the connection in Europe has to be in. I'm trying to avoid the UA SIN-ORD-YEG currently.

Thanks in advance, but looking at some of these RTW segments that are booked, I am really interested in doing an advanced one this time... And would love some advice on how to do it!

Oh and my YEG-ZRH-SIN-ICN or YEG-ZRH-ICN-SIN is both only 6 segments, maybe max 7 if I throw in a connection between ICN-SIN or vice versa, but I probably will not. So I could have technically 2-3 segments on the way back from ICN or SIN.
Can anyone help me with this? Or am I posting in the wrong place? +_+ looking to book asap
Old Aug 6, 2012 | 3:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Mini RTW - SYD, PPT, NRT?

Looking for some assistance in making a Mini-RTW starting from YUL, looking for atleast PPT, NRT and SYD.

Any suggestions for stopovers and/or routings to avoid the scam charges?
Old Aug 7, 2012 | 5:42 pm

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mboca28

Originally Posted by arcticbull
LOL I like that reasoning. Never worked for me though
Lololol. This .. kind of happened to me once. I made a change on my itin in te evening and the next morning YUL-ZRH opened up. I called and was like "omg!!!! halp!!!! I asked a change but it didn't get done!!!" It worked. I felt guilty and never did it again.

Originally Posted by Klove007
Looking for some assistance in making a Mini-RTW starting from YUL, looking for atleast PPT, NRT and SYD.

Any suggestions for stopovers and/or routings to avoid the scam charges?
NRT and SYD should be doable using the YUL-LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD published SQ routing (good luck finding space, though). PPT, though? I don't even think *A serves that anymore - I think VN flies as a codeshare with DL/AF. Easier thing to do is RAR using SYD-AKL-RAR-LAX - much better place than PPT in my view anyway
Old Aug 7, 2012 | 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
NRT and SYD should be doable using the YUL-LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD published SQ routing (good luck finding space, though). PPT, though? I don't even think *A serves that anymore - I think VN flies as a codeshare with DL/AF. Easier thing to do is RAR using SYD-AKL-RAR-LAX - much better place than PPT in my view anyway
Yeah your best options to PPT, are, for once, SkyTeam and Delta miles. Delta partners with Air Tahiti Nui, AirFrance and Hawaiian, all of whom fly SFO/LAX-PPT.

There is NZ, I guess, SFO/LAX-AKL-PPT. but that may be over MPM for your routing, and good luck finding space there, let alone J space!

Last edited by arcticbull; Aug 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Old Aug 7, 2012 | 6:12 pm

Yeah your best options to PPT, are, for once, SkyTeam and Delta miles. Delta partners with Air Tahiti Nui, AirFrance and Hawaiian, all of whom fly SFO/LAX-PPT.

There is NZ, I guess, SFO/LAX-AKL-PPT. but that may be over MPM for your routing, and good luck finding space there, let alone J space!
The problem is that there is no onwards PPT-xxx without backtracking to AKL (there isn't even a PPT-RAR), so you literally CAN'T do it.
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 9:37 am

Anybody know, outside the recent SQ glitch, what the chances of SQ opening up 3J seats on NRT-LAX on the 388 are between today and flight date in a few months? Just wondering whether I should even bother booking Y seats on that flight for now with the hope of changing later.
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 9:47 am

Anybody know, outside the recent SQ glitch, what the chances of SQ opening up 3J seats on NRT-LAX on the 388 are between today and flight date in a few months? Just wondering whether I should even bother booking Y seats on that flight for now with the hope of changing later.
In all seriousness zero may be too high a number They never release TPAC or TATL seats in premium cabins. That's why when the glitch hit everyone wet themselves. The only way to book that is with Singapore's own miles.

Try for ANA on the direct (or via SFO, or SEA) or Asiana (via ICN, then SFO, SEA, ORD or direct) or I suppose Air China.
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 9:50 am

In all seriousness zero may be too high a number

Try for ANA on the direct (or via SFO, or SEA) or Asiana (via ICN, then SFO, SEA, ORD or direct) or I suppose Air China.
Yeah that's what I figured.

ANA is close to a zero chance - I was watching NRT-LAX/SFO/JFK/LHR/CDG for my last RTW (I really wanted to try the Inspiration of Japan layout) and not even a single J seat opened up, let alone three.

OZ is easily available for my dates, but I understand that despite their F product being excellent, their J is subpar (although I could go to the Koru lounge in LAX ..... you can never go to the Koru lounge too often). I'm also trying to save YQ fees...
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 3:19 pm

Yeah that's what I figured.

ANA is close to a zero chance - I was watching NRT-LAX/SFO/JFK/LHR/CDG for my last RTW (I really wanted to try the Inspiration of Japan layout) and not even a single J seat opened up, let alone three.

OZ is easily available for my dates, but I understand that despite their F product being excellent, their J is subpar (although I could go to the Koru lounge in LAX ..... you can never go to the Koru lounge too often). I'm also trying to save YQ fees...
They have Quadra Smartium seats now on the west-coast routes. If you can snag one of those it's the best hard product + best soft product out there, easily as good as Singapore in my understanding. Your best chances appear to be on ICN-SFO, ICN-LAX on the 777 and ORD with the new First configuration. Check seat maps but understand it's not guaranteed. I'd take OZ no matter what though, they're fantastic.
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 3:20 pm

They have Quadra Smartium seats now on the west-coast routes. If you can snag one of those it's the best hard product + best soft product out there, easily as good as Singapore in my understanding.
Really? On which aircraft? ICN-LAX is wide open on my dates, can even get 3J without fighting too hard.
Old Aug 14, 2012 | 3:27 pm

Really? On which aircraft? ICN-LAX is wide open on my dates, can even get 3J without fighting too hard.
Head on over to the OZ forum I've not had experience booking this yet, but I plan to! Try here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.