Mini RTW Questions

Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by yvrluver
Where can I find info on the criterial for these Mini RTW trips that are being written about? I've looked on the AP web site and don't see anything about redemption levels, rules etc.

Thanks!
Do a search in this forum. This has been talked about for at least a year now and there are many many threads on this topic. There is nothing written on the Aeroplan website which makes it obvious but the rules are in the terms and conditions.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by yvrluver
Where can I find info on the criterial for these Mini RTW trips that are being written about? I've looked on the AP web site and don't see anything about redemption levels, rules etc.

Thanks!
Id say AP inst going to publish them; they have the basic rules though beyond that it's complicated. Plus it would be a very costly redemption should everyone take use of it..

I myself have concerns it is now being over served and await when AP will cut the redemption.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
They need more people redeeming YYZ-LHR in Y class, and less mini RTWs
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
A couple more questions about this ticket that I'm hoping FT can help with:

1. Instead of flying YYC-YWG-YYZ what are the chances that I would be able to stand-by for a direct YYC-YYZ flight at check-in?

2. My connection in YWG is scheduled for 45 mins. Assuming that flights are on-time I know I'll have no problem making the connection but I'm wondering about my bags? If they went missing that early in the trip it would be tough to ever catch up with them. AC lists the minimum connection time as 25 mins but I'm still a little nervous.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
mini-RTW: valid routing?

is this valid to SYD?

yow-ewr-fra-cdg-bkk(stop)-syd(final dest)-icn-nrt(stop)-ord-yow
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by cam_macleod
Second: I have been told that SYD-NRT-anything-YYZ is impossible due to mileage restrictions, so I suspect YOW would have the same problem. The other half of the trip looks reasonable though.
I think the key point here is that noone on Flyertalk can TELL you whether this is a valid routing. We can express opinions based on previous experience or comments by other posters in the multitude of other threads that exist discussing mini-RTW's.

But the only people who can TELL you whether the routing is valid are Aeroplan. And I suspect to find out for sure you will have to screw up your courage, make the call, wait on hold for a while, and hope you get someone knowledgable and helpful at the AP call centre.

Good luck and please post your results.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
My understanding is that everything there is fine except the stop in ORD. You would have to fly NRT-YYZ nonstop.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:18 pm

Is it possible to go from YVR to MEL (or to anywhere in Australia / NZ / South Pacific) via Europe? Something like this?

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=YVR-FRA-DME-BKK-MEL
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by thebobmc
I think the key point here is that noone on Flyertalk can TELL you whether this is a valid routing.
One AP agent/AC flyertalk member once was able to assist.

Though he was fired probably was too helpful
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by bichoo
is this valid to SYD?

yow-ewr-fra-cdg-bkk(stop)-syd(final dest)-icn-nrt(stop)-ord-yow
No I don't think so. You need to use a route to validate itineraries from YYZ (and likely YOW) to SYD and I don't think going through CDG be permitted. Or ICN for that matter.

Check the list of valid and booked itins.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Question about the validity of a mini RTW originating in Europe

I searched the forum and could not find an example of mini RTW using a Europe - Asia award via the Atlantic (or a Europe - Mexico award with return via Asia).

Would the following itinerary be valid?

VLC - MEX (stopover)
MEX - NRT (final destination)
NRT - BKK (stopover)
BKK - VLC (return to starting point)

Plenty of flight possibilities on *A (with several connexions though due to VLC not being a *A hub)
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by getaround
One AP agent/AC flyertalk member once was able to assist.

Though he was fired probably was too helpful
We sure miss him, eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:52 pm

maximum permitted mileage

Maximum permitted mileage or MPM is mysterious to me. I called the Aeroplan Contact Centre asking about an itinerary I'm planning SFO-BKK with stopovers.

They said the MPM for SFO-BKK was 9506 miles (each way) so plus the 5% they allow comes to 19962, if my math is right.

But it seems others have booked routes exceeding this mileage. So this question:

Is MPM a fixed number that Aeroplan uses for all awards, or does it depend on what airline you fly, or just what any Star Alliance member might publish? In other words, is MPM the same for all Star Alliance members?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Maximum permitted mileage or MPM is mysterious to me. I called the Aeroplan Contact Centre asking about an itinerary I'm planning SFO-BKK with stopovers.

They said the MPM for SFO-BKK was 9506 miles (each way) so plus the 5% they allow comes to 19962, if my math is right.

But it seems others have booked routes exceeding this mileage. So this question:

Is MPM a fixed number that Aeroplan uses for all awards, or does it depend on what airline you fly, or just what any Star Alliance member might publish? In other words, is MPM the same for all Star Alliance members?

Thanks
The direction is important as well as your turnaround point. You get more leeway for a TATL flight than for TPAC. Last month we booked:

YYC-SFO-FRA-BKK-HDY-BKK-FRA-YYC all F except for the Hat Yai J flights. The great circle mapper shows it to be 23536 miles (12780 out to HDY and 10756 to come home).
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by RoninTech
The direction is important as well as your turnaround point. You get more leeway for a TATL flight than for TPAC. Last month we booked:

YYC-SFO-FRA-BKK-HDY-BKK-FRA-YYC all F except for the Hat Yai J flights. The great circle mapper shows it to be 23536 miles (12780 out to HDY and 10756 to come home).
Thanks, RoninTech.

Do you know what the published MPM for YYC-HDY is? I think you're saying it can depend on whether you travel TATL or TPAC. But given your routing, it seems I could do SFO-BKK with stopovers going up to near 23000 MPM.

And what seems to be big news is that starting July 15, F travel to Asia 1 goes up to 175K from 120K. Ouch!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.