Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Thanks, RoninTech.

Do you know what the published MPM for YYC-HDY is? I think you're saying it can depend on whether you travel TATL or TPAC. But given your routing, it seems I could do SFO-BKK with stopovers going up to near 23000 MPM.

And what seems to be big news is that starting July 15, F travel to Asia 1 goes up to 175K from 120K. Ouch!!
I don't have access to MPM data so can't help you there. However if I can do what I'm doing I'd imagine you could do a subset of it. Unless its the 2 trips to SFO where I only do one?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
any idea if this would be valid
YYZ-YUL-ZRH-BOM-BKK (destination)
BKK-HKG-MUC-KRK (stop) FRA-IAD-YYZ

10 segments is the max right?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sorry- wrong thread.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 16, 2011 at 4:04 am
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:18 pm

Is this valid?

Routing Label Airlines Class
YYZ-JFK Start AC 348 Business
JFK-FRA Connection SQ 3,855 First
FRA-DBV Stop OU 694 Business
DBV-ZRH Layover OU 583 Business
ZRH-SIN Connection SQ 6,406 First
SIN-DSP Turn SQ 1,037 Business
DSP-SIN Connection SQ 1,037 Business
SIN-PEK Stop SQ 2,780 First
PEK-NRT Layover CA 1,330 Business
NRT-JFK Connection NH 6,745 First
JFK-YYZ End AC 366 Business

Mileage
Business 5,395 21%
First 19,786 79%
Total 25,181 100%

EDIT: Would love to avoid having to "position" myself to JFK if I can get "F" out of YYZ instead... just couldn't find any first class routes from this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...es-thread.html

Last edited by slaman; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:36 pm
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Did you mean DPS? Also AC doesn't YYZ-JFK. You would have to ground connect from EWR or LGA.

Other than you probably can't find availability on your SQ/NH First flights, it looks fine.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Curious - does SQ block 380 availability in F? I am checking CDG-SIN, but it comes up as N/A on ANA's availability checker, wonder if I should keep checking or if it's a waste of time?

If it is, indeed, hopeless: can anyone with experience in F of either one comment on whether I should route CDG-BKK-HKG in F or if I should try to get SQ somehow, perhaps CDG-ZRH-SIN-HKG or something?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO
Did you mean DPS? Also AC doesn't YYZ-JFK. You would have to ground connect from EWR or LGA.

Other than you probably can't find availability on your SQ/NH First flights, it looks fine.
Hmm.

Do you figure NH F won't work out? I see on ANA's checker it listed as "waitlist" - is it dangerous to book this in J with the hope of an upgrade between now and the flight date? I have the OZ option but I am trying not to overnight in ICN
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Curious - does SQ block 380 availability in F?
Yes.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by pxy_a
Yes.
Thanks. I guess if I want to fly the 380 in F I am better off trying LH as I am seeing at least some seats on their routes across the pond.

And based on what I am reading on a travel agent's blog, NH F is like catching sakura in full bloom - you literally have to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time the moment a seat is released. I guess I am better off booking a definite OZ F and just check availability on NH every couple of days, or something...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thanks. I guess if I want to fly the 380 in F I am better off trying LH as I am seeing at least some seats on their routes across the pond.
If you see any, grab them as soon as you can. These are mistakes (as A380 F reward seats are supposed to be reserved for M&M HON and SEN tier members only). Not sure when LH will discover their mistake and block these awards. Alternatively, if you're tracking when the new LH A380s will be delivered (and can successfully guess which routes they will be added to), then you can book F rewards on their current non-A380 routes and when they make the equipment swaps, then you'll be sitting in an A380 F seat.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:23 am

Does someone have a link to a thread (if one exists) that shows you how to calculate valid AE mini-RTW MPM? (with step-by-step, easy to understand instructions)

I'm trying to figure out if the following itinerary is valid:
yyz-mia
mia-fra
fra-muc (stop)
muc-vce (stop)
vce-mad
mad-bkk (turn)
bkk-icn
icn-jfk
jfk-yyz

Using Great Circle Mapper, yyz-bkk-yyz yields 16,967. If I plug in my route, it results in 23,217 - is that how I calculate it, or do I only use cities where I have a stop or turn?

Also, would MUC-VCE be considered a back-track (since it goes west before going east to BKK)?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by RoninTech
YYC-SFO-FRA-BKK-HDY-BKK-FRA-YYC all F except for the Hat Yai J flights. The great circle mapper shows it to be 23536 miles (12780 out to HDY and 10756 to come home).
How many miles needed for this itineray in F?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by pxy_a
Also, would MUC-VCE be considered a back-track (since it goes west before going east to BKK)?
You can get MPM with KVS, there is no free tool, but I'd love to be proven wrong. The MPM is one-way, generally YYZ-Asia with Europe stops is fine.

Your itinertary looks fine, the only thing is that vce-mad-bkk may be considered backtracking, and you may have to choose a different TG gateway (vce-ath/vie/ist/cph?) There is also no JFK-YYZ non-stop on Star Alliance.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Would this be a valid routing plz?

PEK-HKG
HKG-BKK
BKK-CDG
CDG-VIE (layover)
VIE-LHR (stop)
LHR-ORD
ORD-YYZ(stop)
YYZ-LGA (POT)
JFK - PEK

I'm worried that cdg-vie,and ORD-YYZ would be considered backtracking. Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Your itinertary looks fine, the only thing is that vce-mad-bkk may be considered backtracking, and you may have to choose a different TG gateway (vce-ath/vie/ist/cph?)
Sadly, no other one had TG F on my preferred departure date aside from MAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.