Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by pm6163
How many miles needed for this itineray in F?
It cost me 120K x 2 last month and stays that way until mid-July when it jumps up to 175K x 2.

I highly recommend that if you are trying to book one of these right now, grab what you can ASAP as there is a feeding frenzy going on as folks try to sneak in before the mileage increases come down.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by pxy_a
If you see any, grab them as soon as you can. These are mistakes (as A380 F reward seats are supposed to be reserved for M&M HON and SEN tier members only). Not sure when LH will discover their mistake and block these awards. Alternatively, if you're tracking when the new LH A380s will be delivered (and can successfully guess which routes they will be added to), then you can book F rewards on their current non-A380 routes and when they make the equipment swaps, then you'll be sitting in an A380 F seat.
Hmm, THAT bad eh - I don't think I am willing to play route lottery since I have a pretty decent itinerary already, but I think I'd better start checking for departures in 380 F ... of course, I booked at almost a year out, so ANA doesn't even show availability yet, oops.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by pxy_a
If you see any, grab them as soon as you can. These are mistakes (as A380 F reward seats are supposed to be reserved for M&M HON and SEN tier members only). Not sure when LH will discover their mistake and block these awards. Alternatively, if you're tracking when the new LH A380s will be delivered (and can successfully guess which routes they will be added to), then you can book F rewards on their current non-A380 routes and when they make the equipment swaps, then you'll be sitting in an A380 F seat.
Hmm, on second thought, about lottery: suppose there is a route that LH advertises today as having a 388 on it. Today, it flies the 388. But on the date I am checking, some months in the future, it is advertised with a 333. Should I take a bet and book it on the off chance that they will update their schedules to include the 380 on it?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:16 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by rankourabu
...there is no free tool, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
ExpertFlyer has MPM information in our Routing Rules and we do have a 5-day free trial that you are more then welcome to use.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
ExpertFlyer has MPM information in our Routing Rules and we do have a 5-day free trial that you are more then welcome to use.
I wanted to like this post but could not find the like button!
Old May 10, 2011, 7:13 am
JWL

Programs: SPG Gold
Once you've booked a mini-rtw, what are the change rules with Aeroplan? At some point I thought I read that you can make changes without fees, but I am now thinking that might just be a fully paid rtw ticket.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by JWL
Once you've booked a mini-rtw, what are the change rules with Aeroplan? At some point I thought I read that you can make changes without fees, but I am now thinking that might just be a fully paid rtw ticket.
It is, at minimum, $90 per passenger. If there are tax changes (I.e. because of routing changes), then you have to pay those, too - but if you reroute through a cheaper airport then you get taxes back from the one(s) no longer in your journey.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:09 pm

mini rtw connection 23hr59min

hi - just to clarify, i can get a connecting flight after 23hr even though there are other connections available with less intervals, say 2 hr, or do I have to take the next connecting flight?
Old May 14, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
hi - just to clarify, i can get a connecting flight after 23hr even though there are other connections available with less intervals, say 2 hr, or do I have to take the next connecting flight?
Normally, you can take a later connection.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:41 pm

Thanks pseudo nim, do the connections have to be the shortest direct ones, i.e. the ones shown by the aeroplan online award system, or can we do some innovative routing, as long as the total miles is not exceeded, any ideas?
Old May 14, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by bobby21
Thanks pseudo nim, do the connections have to be the shortest direct ones, i.e. the ones shown by the aeroplan online award system, or can we do some innovative routing, as long as the total miles is not exceeded, any ideas?
You can use any route as long as it fits within the MPM or it is a published routing.
Old May 28, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by *A Flyer
You can use any route as long as it fits within the MPM or it is a published routing.
I have a question about this. I am frequently reading that routings are not allowed due to backtracking. Is this correct? Do routings have to be within MPM AND have no backtracking? I want YYZ-ORD-DUS-CDG-BKK and BKK-HKG-ZRH-FRA-MUC-JFK//LGA-YYZ. Both ways are definately backtracking but they are well under the MPM.

I called Aeroplan and asked about backtracking (didn't give my specific itinerary) and the agent said as long as it's within the MPM and I don't go back and forth between regions it should be fine. Is that correct? He seemed unsure.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
minor backtracking is allowed. You may want to browse the long thread of successfully booked miniRTW awards.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Question Routing?

Would this routing work for the Asia 1 mileage zone?

YYZ-FRA-IKA STOP DXB-SIN STOP SIN-NRT-YYZ

Thanks guys.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by payam81
Would this routing work for the Asia 1 mileage zone?

YYZ-FRA-IKA STOP DXB-SIN STOP SIN-NRT-YYZ

Thanks guys.
I don't think so, Payam.

The open jaw has to be at the final destination, which is in the Middle East, not in Asia 1.

The open jaw at Tehran/Dubai "may" work if it's a Middle East reward, provided there is a MPM via Pacific. But I don't think so.

Flights from DXB to THR are not that expensive at all. You may consider buying a side-trip from DXB to THR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.