Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
July 19 is the magic day where travel will again be permitted. If you are vaccinated and have proof thats all you need
EI now need to focus on providing some percentage of service and guaranteeing it. I want to fly. But I don't want to book and have it cancelled two weeks out
Old May 28, 2021, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Also, decide on the schedules already. My flights have been removed from sale for over a week but BA refuses to do anything (Avios) as they are not cancelled. Get it sorted.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
EI now need to focus on providing some percentage of service and guaranteeing it. I want to fly. But I don't want to book and have it cancelled two weeks out
I think Aer Lingus will introduce a realistic timetable and stick to it unless external forces dictate otherwise.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The challenge now, is we can travel to/from Ireland

The question is where will accept us?
Old May 29, 2021, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The question is where will accept us?
The rest of the EU, for one.
alserire likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I think Aer Lingus will introduce a realistic timetable and stick to it unless external forces dictate otherwise.
Hope so. Have booked a couple of flights for late July and early August. Hopefully they'll run now.
Old May 31, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Very strange, I see Catania has now been pulled from sale. I have flights booked for Sept, I see they are now zeroed out and I can probably expect a cancellation email soon. Very strange, I would have expected big demand for Sicily for September!
Old May 31, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The rest of the EU, for one.
Problem is they haven't said when. This is a two way thing.
Dambus likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The EC is pushing hard for all 27 to implement the EU Digital COVID Certificate as of 1 July; 7 countries are already willing to implement it even earlier, with both Spain and Greece already on the record as eager to implement it already in June.

As such, it's likely that a small and growing number of countries will begin issuing (and accepting) such certificates already in the coming weeks, even prior to the desired starting date of 1 July.

At the very latest on 19 July, which is when Ireland currently expects to participate, or on whichever date sooner than that Ireland is able to issue such certificates (variously to those who a) have been vaccinated, b) who test positive in the past 6 months, or b) have tested negative in the previous 72/48 hours dependent on test type), holders of such certificates issued by the Irish authorities will be able to travel freely to and from the other 26 member states.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Very strange, I see Catania has now been pulled from sale. I have flights booked for Sept, I see they are now zeroed out and I can probably expect a cancellation email soon. Very strange, I would have expected big demand for Sicily for September!
To be honest the big demand will be for more traditional back to basics routes . Places like FAO AGP LPA ACE TFS FCO BCN . The pandemic has changed peoples travel trends and the age old tried and tested original staples will be first to pick up. Think 1990 Aer Lingus route map .
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Germany, Greece and Poland are already operating the EU DCC, with others to join in in the coming days and weeks.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/IP_21_2721

Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:39 pm

We are due to fly out of Naples to JFK with a connection in Dublin in mid July. I just noticed they are no longer selling our flight from Naples to Dublin. You can book it from 7/23 onwards however nothing prior. Does this mean the flight is being cancelled? Our flight is still listed as confirmed when we go on Aer Lingus and manage our trip.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by tmr10001
We are due to fly out of Naples to JFK with a connection in Dublin in mid July. I just noticed they are no longer selling our flight from Naples to Dublin. You can book it from 7/23 onwards however nothing prior. Does this mean the flight is being cancelled? Our flight is still listed as confirmed when we go on Aer Lingus and manage our trip.
Will be cancelled I'd imagine. That would not be one of EI's major Italian routes. They might be running Rome if that's any use. You could transfer onto that.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:58 pm

Just went back and saw that it is actually the afternoon JFK flight that is not operating, so we won't be able to make the connection.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Aer Lingus cancels some flights due to poor demand

Aer Lingus has announced it has cancelled a number of flights to European destinations due to poor demand from customers.

The routes have been cancelled for the remainder of 2021.

The company has not given exact details of the destinations affected but says all customers that had booked have been contacted and offered a refund.

Additional capacity will now be added to routes where demand is greatest.

The company said it plans to fly as full a schedule as possible after 19 July but it was not possible to accurately predict where the demand would be.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0611/12...cancellations/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.