Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Haven't heard a word about either of mine. Thankfuily!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
That article is one of the most useless pieces of journalism! It’s like be advised that something happened and something else was impacted without saying anything more!
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Received an email from Aer Lingus (as I had given them my email even though it was booked via BA Avios) that Toronto is not operating now through Sept 23 inclusive and flights are cancelled. Except flights are still showing in flight trackers and BA still shows an intact booking. Hopefully they formally remove the flights asap.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
My daughter received information that her direct flight from Dublin to LAX was cancelled. There are other non direct flights but don't work with her flight from Madrid to Dublin. We called and it sounds like we should take a wait and see as they are trying to add more flights, especially in EU. So we will watch closely. She may just have to stay over in Dublin. While we are on the phone with Aer Lingus we were also told our outbound flight from Dublin to Malaga was changes. I guess whoever they work with in EU cancelled all their flights so they are trying to see if they can add more or work with partners. I haven't heard anything from United about any changes (my seats were award booked thru them).

Last edited by s0479; Jun 16, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Haven't heard a word about either of mine. Thankfuily!
Spoke too soon. Three of four sectors on two return flights now no longer on sale.

If they keep this up much longer they'll have no business at all
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:40 am

As an aside surely they will have to do something for Aer Club members . Cannot see how it will be possible for many people to maintain status at this rate,
Dambus and DELLAS like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
NOC-LGW @ 15:10 cancelled in August 20/08. So EI automatically reassigned me onto DUB-LHR service @ 07:30 ("closest alternative flight")!!! However, DUB-LGW is operating and infinitely more suitable. Failed twice to get through to call centre ( 1.5 hrs on hold) so contacted Twitter who advised me that fare difference is applicable on DUB-LGW service!!! Never heard such nonsense before so seeking some wisdom? Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2021, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
As an aside surely they will have to do something for Aer Club members . Cannot see how it will be possible for many people to maintain status at this rate,
They need to just renew everyone for another 12 months not sure why they cant do that simple task. BA and IB can do it .
alserire likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by MM00LL2
NOC-LGW @ 15:10 cancelled in August 20/08. So EI automatically reassigned me onto DUB-LHR service @ 07:30 ("closest alternative flight")!!! However, DUB-LGW is operating and infinitely more suitable. Failed twice to get through to call centre ( 1.5 hrs on hold) so contacted Twitter who advised me that fare difference is applicable on DUB-LGW service!!! Never heard such nonsense before so seeking some wisdom? Thanks
Would imagine they don't think DUB/LGW will be operating by then. And it probably won't be. DUB/LHR 7.30 almost certainly will be.

They're a total mess at the moment, no thanks to the government, who don't seem to care one whit for people in aviation or tourism whose jobs may well go even now, close and all as we are to the end of the pandemic.

At least you have some clarification. Both my current booked flights are before yours, are no longer on sale and I've heard nothing!
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:39 am
Original Poster

USA routes further axed until 15/8.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:48 am

We still have not gotten a cancellation notice for our flights on 7/22 from Naples to JFK, even though they are not selling anymore. I would have assumed they would have cancelled by now because it seems the second JFK flight (EI 107) is not operating.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Wait another week if nothing call them and say you know its cancelled and ask for a refund if thats what you prefer .
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tmr10001
We still have not gotten a cancellation notice for our flights on 7/22 from Naples to JFK, even though they are not selling anymore. I would have assumed they would have cancelled by now because it seems the second JFK flight (EI 107) is not operating.
I'm in the same boat. Facebook messenger didn't help. Emailed concierge team. They put me on to guest relations, who don't even put you on hold. You leave a message. 36 hours ago. No return call yet......

Think I'll take the refunds and head for LH. Both my trips were plane/train. May as well go plane/plane through Frankfurt. At least I know they are operating.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:53 pm

Our flight was finally changed/cancelled. I didn't receive a notice or email but when I went on manage my booking I noticed they changed the Dublin to JFK flight to 3 hours before our Naples to Dublin flight arrived LOL. In fact, the flight from Dublin left before our Naples flight. Not sure how the system did that! So I called American Express and they refunded my full flight
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus
Pending any further changes do I understand correctly that the only current requirements for both adults/kids travelling in and out of BHD are a negative test result (or proof of full vaccination) in both directions taken within 72 hours prior to travel and completion of UK passenger locator form on return?
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
thats correct
Is this the case even when travelling to England? I can't see any indication that you need to take a test to fly domestically within the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.